Boyd

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but boyd means goals doesn't he?what a joke, thank god we have scraped by them and can hopefully finish the job but i hope we get rid of him and several others before next year,

but boyd means goals doesn't he?what a joke, thank god we have scraped by them and can hopefully finish the job but i hope we get rid of him and several others before next year,

Well not going by todays performance :rolleyes:

What were the quotes before the game?

Along the lines of "We will never score against celtic with boyd in the team" or "We will never win with Boyd in the team" doh

... he missed a great chance today and nearly recovered from it with another snapshot at the front post which was put away for a corner. He never did it today, but everything YOU would want him to do outside the box he did. He took the ball out of the air and played in miller for our goal didnt he?, rewind back to the kris boyd that had all the time in the world against hearts to take a touch and failed, here he was, against celtic, when it mattered, playing a big part in our goal. He put himself about and won a fair few headers but was absolutely knackered, then again he seemed to be doing more closing down than kenny miller was. Of course we got the 3 points today and thats all that mattered, boyd has to take this into the next game against hibs where he didnt do too well out last time and keep it up if we want to have any chance of winning the league.

SEEMS he can never do enough for some,,, when he scores , his work rate is slated,, when like today his hold up play and link up ,,helped create the winning goal,, he is slated for missing one clear chance in 90 mins,, I for one would pick Boyd week after week,, and just look at his response after the goal ,, he was giving it big time to the tic fans behind the goal,,, at least his heart is in it,,,,,,blue thru and thru,,,give him a break,, if it wasnt for Boyd ,,we would be nowhere near the title

He had 2 clear chances and one slightly trickier one.

That he did, although he was lucky to even have had the first one after loovens slipped, of course, boyd hungry for goals got right in there, blasted it right at boruc's chest :anguish:

I thought he was poor, but who cares?

Just hope that miss doesnt come back to haunt us at the end of the season.

When he went through on Boruc he bottled it. He put the head down, put his foot through the ball and never looked at Boruc's position.

Quick glance and he can pick his spot or move the ball. Made it easy for Boruc.

I would most definately play him again in an old firm and yes his work rate and performance was good but maybe even getting one of the goals would have been nice. I think if he is consistantly played in OF games then he will eventually score and he will fine.

I would most definately play him again in an old firm and yes his work rate and performance was good but maybe even getting one of the goals would have been nice. I think if he is consistantly played in OF games then he will eventually score and he will fine.

Couldnt agree more,, once he gets over that OLD FIRM HOODO then you will see he can go on to be a GERS LEGEND,,, His heart is Blue,, his goal scoring record speaks for its self,, and if a little faith is put in him , ,I m sure he will come good,, its got to affect a player when mgrs ( national as well ) and media create a ,, HE CANT SCORE IN BIG GAMES SITUATION,,, Boyd is a confidence player,, that if you have a little faith in, play him regular,, he wont let you down ,, well done ,,, what would you prefer a player like Sebo who runs around like a headless chicken and couldnt score in a brothel ,,,,,or a player like Boyd who like all good goal poachers ( coisty, linnaker etc) does no more than needed and scores 30+ Goals a season,,,,,know what Id pick

For the people who say that Boyd's hold up play and control was "immense" could you please watch the game again.

He constantly mistimed his jumps, good caught under the ball and was bullied by Loovens and Caldwell. For long spells the game passed him by.

When Lafferty came on he made the job look easy. He won headers, controlled long balls on the chest, brought others into the game and harassed the Celtic back line.

If Boyd was "immense" then Lafferty was World class............By that logic

For the people who say that Boyd's hold up play and control was "immense" could you please watch the game again.

He constantly mistimed his jumps, good caught under the ball and was bullied by Loovens and Caldwell. For long spells the game passed him by.

When Lafferty came on he made the job look easy. He won headers, controlled long balls on the chest, brought others into the game and harassed the Celtic back line.

usual criticism of boyd , he done well today, but you still have a pop at him

we beat celtic , but lets not let that get in the way of a bit of criticism for boyd , he played his part today , but some are never happy

The Rangers manager was satisfied with the way his side performed over the 90 minutes, but he singled out striker Kris Boyd for particular praise.

"Our whole team worked very hard. I think Kris typified that more than anything," he said.

"A lot of the time as a manager I've said he gets goals and he maybe doesn't take part in the game much.

"But I thought he was excellent. It was one of his best performances for us.

"It would have been nice for him to get a goal in the second half, but Artur Boruc made a great save.

"He's a popular player for us and, not just today but in recent weeks, his efforts for the team have been terrific."

Not an immense display but it was a good one and his workrate was fantastic, he's looking more and more a team player as time goes on.

The fact that Walter Smith is giving him so much praise recently shows he's playing well since Smith has never been a fan of his.

usual criticism of boyd , he done well today, but you still have a pop at him

we beat celtic , but lets not let that get in the way of a bit of criticism for boyd , he played his part today , but some are never happy

Ah right, so how did lafferty get booked? chasing his wayward chested touch, he came on and terrorised a tired celtic defence right enough, yet when put one on one he couldnt get past them, although id put that down to the conditions of the weather/park... People were saying before the game we would not win with boyd in the team, let alone score, and thats proved them wrong. He worked hard today, he wasnt absolutely immense or amazing, yet the things he gets criticised for the most he excelled at at times and all he didnt do, was put the ball in the back of the net. For long spells the game passed both our strikers by but when it mattered, they both combined to set up davis and they both worked well. Of course this post will be turned into a "flippineck says boyds a world beater" no doubt, when its far from that. If boyd had played any poorer today then you can bet everyone on this forum would finally be on his back, but i think after today the majority, for the time being, are OFF his back.

boydy had a good game today. good link up play with miller for the goal.

considering boruc is a fat cunt i am not surprise he got it the way of boydy's chance

but never the less 3 good points and we hump the hoops :)

Boyd put in a decent shift, still has to work on his overall game though... it was far from immense today.

Felt sorry for him not putting that chance away, could have been the extra confidence boost he needed for the final 3 games.