382 members have voted

1. 1. Was it a goal?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The camera angle showed the ball was past the post so there is no doubt it should have been a goal!!

The camera angle was not on the goal line though.

The camera angle showed the ball was past the post so there is no doubt it should have been a goal!!

To all that said it was not a goal is our captain a liar, he was in no doubt and he is a honest player.

To all that said it was not a goal is our captain a liar, he was in no doubt and he is a honest player.

I couldn't think of a more trustworthy player to believe in all honesty. We can only comment on the angle we saw it from though, not Weir's. That doesn't make us right.

Just back from the game now ... I've still not seen any replay's yet, but i was sitting in row A, at the very end, probably one of the closest people to the linesman in the ground, and thought it was in when i seen it, so, going on first impressions, like the linesman ...

Yes, Goal.

Did the linesman run back towards the half way line immediately after the incident?

Nope he stood still cause the ball went out of play and he had about 4 players round him claiming for it, then the referee came over and spoke to him and then booked Mendes I think it was, and maybe someone else, and this was all about 3 yards from the corner flag ... so no.

It's just they said on the radio he did

Personally...I don't think it was all over. We shouldn't have needed to rely on that though. :( Novo, wee man. I don't know whether to kiss you for scoring the goal, or kick you in the arse for missing the other 2.

Chin up lads. We can bring it home!

BANG ON MATE!

yes i think it was a goal, the camera angle wasnt in line with the post.

it was over the line from the angle which was shown therefore if the camera was on line with the post it would have been clearly in

Just look at the bbc website, the have it as the a pic, you can clearly see his foot is well over the line, from the angle setanta have given it looks just over so if you are dead on the line its a good yard over the line how the linesman never saw it when he was standing on the line with NO_ONE obstructing his view i will never know.

to be honest i dont think it was quite over the line, but cummon to fuck rangers.. we were all over Hibs last night and everyone knows that if nacho novo was decent at all he would of finished those 2 golden chances last night. He did well for his goal but he should have gone away with a hat-trick last night. thoughts??

to be honest i dont think it was quite over the line, but cummon to fuck rangers.. we were all over Hibs last night and everyone knows that if nacho novo was decent at all he would of finished those 2 golden chances last night. He did well for his goal but he should have gone away with a hat-trick last night. thoughts??

Thoughts are that's 2 posts and yer 1st was a cracker too..

gtf ya yahoo

not clear cut for me, so in clear light of day i think they made a fair call.

glad we can win it fairly instead :)

But you were not on the park or near the incident but our captain say the ball was over why not believe him. :)

But you were not on the park or near the incident but our captain say the ball was over why not believe him. :)

Our ex-captain Richard Gough got it dead right. The officials couldn't give it. I also think that tit Booth was right for once, it was more in than out, but it was not clear enough to be awarded.

Our ex-captain Richard Gough got it dead right. The officials couldn't give it. I also think that tit Booth was right for once, it was more in than out, but it was not clear enough to be awarded.

Were you on the park, never mind what Gough said, weir is the man you should listen to. :)

Initially i didn't think it was a goal but upon watching the replay it confirmed to me that it was a goal!

From the angle at which the camera was sitting, if the ball could be seen on the left of the left post then it would be a goal.

This is all besides the point, we should have hit the target more than we did and i don't understand why you would field the same team (excl. velicka for miller) as you had done 4 days prior. We could have done with some fresher legs on the park. That is why we looked better when Novo and Lafferty came.

Novo can't be blamed for missing those shots as he is not a regular starter, he played well other than that.