382 members have voted

1. 1. Was it a goal?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from the game now ... I've still not seen any replay's yet, but i was sitting in row A, at the very end, probably one of the closest people to the linesman in the ground, and thought it was in when i seen it, so, going on first impressions, like the linesman ...

Yes, Goal.

Did the linesman run back towards the half way line immediately after the incident?

Nope he stood still cause the ball went out of play and he had about 4 players round him claiming for it, then the referee came over and spoke to him and then booked Mendes I think it was, and maybe someone else, and this was all about 3 yards from the corner flag ... so no.

It's just they said on the radio he did

Hmm i might be wrong, but not from what i can remember :dry:

its a good bit into the net for me. The angle Setanta show it from is about a yard from the line, giving the posts an angle, so the fact you can see the ball (almost all of it when it is stopped the furthest in) past the left hand post means when the you look at it level with the by-line it is a good bit into the net. The linesman is paid to get these decisions right, and even got a pay rise...still he can't! He is looking right along the line, has nothing to stop his view but gets it wrong!

And yes he did run up the pitch as if he was giving a goal, the reason Smith came out today and said he was bemused by why he done that. The linesman said it was to keep up with play? Play was dead so why would running up the field be keeping up with play? <cr>

All and all the linesman got it completely wrong and in the context its just a usual thing this season...If they got decisions right we would have won the league by now (just an example....Beasley's goal...remember the one? he was a good 3 yards on but managed to be offside in the officials eyes <cr> )

They need to bring in some technology into the game. How hard can it be to have a camera at each by-line looking across the line.. or in the posts. The forth official does fuck all most of the time, all he has to have is a monitor (i'm sure he already has one) and he can review the decision and if its a goal tell the ref and the goal is given. If this was in play we would have won the league already!!!

its a good bit into the net for me. The angle Setanta show it from is about a yard from the line, giving the posts an angle, so the fact you can see the ball (almost all of it when it is stopped the furthest in) past the left hand post means when the you look at it level with the by-line it is a good bit into the net. The linesman is paid to get these decisions right, and even got a pay rise...still he can't! He is looking right along the line, has nothing to stop his view but gets it wrong!

And yes he did run up the pitch as if he was giving a goal, the reason Smith came out today and said he was bemused by why he done that. The linesman said it was to keep up with play? Play was dead so why would running up the field be keeping up with play? <cr>

All and all the linesman got it completely wrong and in the context its just a usual thing this season...If they got decisions right we would have won the league by now (just an example....Beasley's goal...remember the one? he was a good 3 yards on but managed to be offside in the officials eyes <cr> )

They need to bring in some technology into the game. How hard can it be to have a camera at each by-line looking across the line.. or in the posts. The forth official does fuck all most of the time, all he has to have is a monitor (i'm sure he already has one) and he can review the decision and if its a goal tell the ref and the goal is given. If this was in play we would have won the league already!!!

Officials get most things right and yes they make mistakes.But to say that could cist us the league is wrong. Compare the amount of incorrect decisions officials have made to the amount of incorrect decisions or manager,coaching staff and players have made this season. No, if we lose this league it will be down to them NOT match officials.

Officials get most things right and yes they make mistakes.But to say that could cist us the league is wrong. Compare the amount of incorrect decisions officials have made to the amount of incorrect decisions or manager,coaching staff and players have made this season. No, if we lose this league it will be down to them NOT match officials.

Yes we have fucked up big time at times. But even with these fuck ups we would have 4 more points in the bag if they got these two decisions right. I can accept mistakes, but they have to get the big decisions right! The Beasley one was shocking.. Could you imagine that being a different job and you made a massive fuck up, you'd be sacked, so why should officials not be questioned? There job is to get the big decisions right, yes? So if they ain't getting them right they should be dealt with, like any other job. Instead we are told not to put pressure on them <cr> . Down in England they get demoted for bad decisions and have to ref in lower leagues, maybe that needs introduced here to get some consistency and for them to realise they need to get the decisions right

Fair enough if it was a one off getting this decision wrong, but it seems to be constantly happening to us.

Yes we have fucked up big time at times. But even with these fuck ups we would have 4 more points in the bag if they got these two decisions right. I can accept mistakes, but they have to get the big decisions right! The Beasley one was shocking.. Could you imagine that being a different job and you made a massive fuck up, you'd be sacked, so why should officials not be questioned? There job is to get the big decisions right, yes? So if they ain't getting them right they should be dealt with, like any other job. Instead we are told not to put pressure on them <cr> . Down in England they get demoted for bad decisions and have to ref in lower leagues, maybe that needs introduced here to get some consistency and for them to realise they need to get the decisions right

Fair enough if it was a one off getting this decision wrong, but it seems to be constantly happening to us.

I agree that they should be demoted or given less high profile matches as result of their poor performances.

Not from where I was sitting, anyway if Smith had told the players to play the whole game the way we played the second half then it wouldn't have mattered, we would have wiped the floor with a very poor Hibs team, fear we've blown it big style, Smith MUST GO

The camera angle wasn't good enough to show whether it was or not and the linesman was in the perfect position. If you can't see clear air between the ball and line then you can't give it.

it was an obvious goal

cant believe the ref is getting away with this. who was the ref? lol exactly!

his cheque from liewell will be in the post!

Christ, thought a post from KDS had landed here. The linesman was the guy who never signalled goal, he was in the perfect position. How the hell can the ref tell well infield? The amount of self delusion over this is worrying.

Clear goal, the picture shows that. The Rangers website says the linesman ran towards the half way line after it.

But having apparently turned to run for the halfway line, linesman Martin Cryans did not flag to give a goal after Ross Chisholm hooked away.

I thought it was in. These decisions are so close that they're essentially a coin toss though: linesmen don't have superhuman powers of sight and that's what would have been needed to decisively tell whether it was over the line in that split second. If we're going to end up moaning about a decision that cost us the league then it's definitely not this one - try the one at Pittodrie earlier this season which was a clear and obvious mistake.