Do we really NEED to sign anyone?

Goianegra

I'd sell

McCulloch (10 empty glass Irn Bru bottle and 2 Wham Bars)

Beasley (He has been decent for us but too far lightweight)

Stevie Smith (I can't see him improving)

Dailly (same as big Lee)

Gow (can't see him gettin on the bench even)

Broadfoot (I know he does a job but "doing a job" shouldn't cut it at Rangers)

I'd bring in a RB, LM, CB and a Midfielder.

I'd take Driver from Hearts, Jones from Hibs as cover and I need to think of a right back. I'd also take Gomis from Dundee Utd. 10 times better than Willo Flood and Gomis reminds me of a younger, fitter Russel Latapy.

Next year

Alexander

New RB, Bougherra, Weir, Papac

Davis, Thomson, Mendes, New LM/Lafferty

Miller, Boyd

Bench/reserves:

Edu

Shagger

Barry

New CB

Whittiker

Velicka

Fleck

Adam

Novo

New Midfielder

Webster

I reckon thats a large enough squad, given the youth rule too.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's basically the same team and formation as this season where we just managed to beat a very poor Celtic team. Does that mean if we sign Driver we drop Lafferty? Where does Fleck fit into that system?

I want to see us progress as a team - a 4-3-3 with a mobile front man flanked by two from Lafferty, Miller, Fleck or Novo in front of a midfield of three from Thomson, Edu, Davis and Aguiar (or Mendes if we keep him) would destroy every team in the SPL

I would say that with players like Arron, Fleck, Naismith, Little etc , we have some good players who can come off the bench and have a big impact (if played)

I think we definetly need another starting 11 centre back and probably a good left-sided midfielder. Most importantly, I think we need to get rid of a few players to be honest. Guys like Webster, Beasley, Hemdani, maybe Barry, Greame Smith, and maybe some other who dont fit into Walter's plan (maybe barry, gow, adam, mcshagger, dailly, mcculloch) If we got rid of most of these guys it might give us the chance to spend 4-5 mil on that one special player

that can add the CL level of skill needed in our team. I dont think we need to add a whole lot but two or three guys with CL level ability would be perfect

(dont know if feasable tho)

can't see us spending that on a special player 4 a while????

Waken up mate, of course we need signings We done worse this season than last season and we'll get worse again next season unless we sign players. We need a right-back, centre-back, right-mid, left-mid and a striker or preferrably two of decent quality. The only players in our squad of good ability are Bougherra, Davis and Thomson and we need more of that calibre.(Alexander, Ferguson, Papac, Boyd are all decent but they aren't good Rangers players and Mendes has fallen away from his early performances).

I would love a team like Klos, Hutton, Cuellar, Amoruso, Numan, Davis, Thomson, Albertz, De Boer, Prso, Mols. Dreaming I know but it would be great to have players of genuine ability in every position.

Let Timmys waste their money on dozens of GK's and various versions of Dildo Flood, maybe we should just take a bit off our debt? Watching the game today, we really do have a fantastic squad of young ones and the vets. Let's just go for a a bossman or two :gerbad:

*Awaits many " :anguish: " comments :)

You"ve got a point. Personally I would take Hutton back although Whittaker is improving. We need cover at centre half for Weir, Is Webster going to come in?

Midfield is strong with DAVIS EDU MENDES LAFFERTY FLECK NAISMITH THOMSON fighting for four places

Big summer for Naismith, he needs a strong pre season and come back flying.

Thanks to the following players who have given their all: Adam McCulloch Bazza Broadfoot Beasley Dailly. You"ll always be part of a great last two seasons, but time to further careers elsewhere

I'm with MikeBlue on most of his points. We managed to beat an average Celtic side this year, especially by playing like superstars in the last game - but that doesn't mean we should stop. What happens when we come up against a Fiorentina again in Europe, do we hopefully play 10 in defence and hope for a draw? Not good enough.

Today clearly showed the need for width if there ever was one, and while I am dearly one of Davis' biggest supporters, he isn't a right winger. With the absence of the REAL Damarcus Beasley we legitly need two wingers, or two from the current pack who are going to step up. And a centre half, because while Davie Weir has been absolutely amazing he isnt going to cut it against the speed of Pato or Torres.

Aside from that I reckon we're good. Papac has a few more seasons, and Whittaker has still to hit his prime. Just give the team some long runs as a whole for consistency; none of this changing-the-team-weekly pish of this season.