Wee Chesney = Gone!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordon Strachan has resigned from Celtic after his side handed over the Clydesdale Bank Premier League title to Rangers yesterday.

It has also been rumoured that English Premier side Sunderland were to approach Strachan to take over the reigns after they beat the drop on Sunday, only for manager Ricky Sbragia quit.

Radio phone-ins and fans websites had been besieged by irate fans after the Hoops drew a blank against Hearts at Parkhead, while Rangers beat Dundee United 3-0 to take the championship by four points.

It has also been rumoured that English Premier side Sunderland were to approach Strachan to take over the reigns after they beat the drop on Sunday, only for manager Ricky Sbragia quit.

Strachan was effusive about his future yesterday, and said: "At this moment in time, we'd like to thank the players and staff; they gave it their best shot. I'd like to thank supporters; it wasn't easy for them. We weren't up for the challenge of winning four in a row."

Strachan has held the role since 2005, and guided Celtic to the league title in each of his three seasons in charge until Sunday's results handed the trophy back to Rangers.

He added: "It is disappointing but we have only ourselves to blame.

"We will analyse it later on but it doesn't take a genius to see that, in some areas, we weren't as good as we have been in the last three years."

Strachan then praised his great rivals before hastily departing.

"Then we go on to the next part and we say well done to Rangers," he said.

Some editing of that required :D

The sun had it this morning funnily enough, they must have the ear of the great unwashed ! :sherlock:

Sunderland job he's gettin !

i agree. they wanted a big name nd there gettin 1. probably be relegated :lol:

Hope the door smacks the back of his ginger wee nut on the way oot!

Came here a loser - left here a loser.

Whoever he goes to will become losers. he can take his sarcasm and talk about his deid dog elsewhere.

Cheerio to 4 in a row - Cheerio to Chesney.

haaaaaa :lol: get it up them, can it get any better haaaaa, I knew he would be away but I never knew he would go this Early. is that another job he's chucked ir from? and shat it from haaaa. Bottoleing little fucker. wonder who the next puppet on Liewell's string is going to be. :lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol:

They will be calling for him to come back when we are 20 points clear next season :gerbad:

Who will be next? Mark McGhee? Owen Coyle? Neil Lennon? I'm pure shiting myself :craphead:

Burnley are currently 1-0 up, if they win i can't see Owen Coyle leaving just as he becomes a Premiership manager.

Mark McGhee? Dont rate him much but certainly a possibility.

Neil Lennon? No managerial experience at this level, i would welcome that cunt getting in and ruining his rep further than it already is.

They will be calling for him to come back when we are 20 points clear next season :gerbad:

Who will be next? Mark McGhee? Owen Coyle? Neil Lennon? I'm pure shiting myself :craphead:

Burnley are currently 1-0 up, if they win i can't see Owen Coyle leaving just as he becomes a Premiership manager.

Mark McGhee? Dont rate him much but certainly a possibility.

Neil Lennon? No managerial experience at this level, i would welcome that cunt getting in and ruining his rep further than it already is.

I would love Lennon being their new manager. That would be fantastic :D :D