Micheal Owen

Bloody hell you'd think I'd suggested we would be chasing Tevez. Its the transfer section and this guy could be a target just like the rest of the Newcastle squad. FFs gees a break. Is not like it could never happen. Unlikely yes but NEVER come on.

it will never happen never ever

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell you'd think I'd suggested we would be chasing Tevez. Its the transfer section and this guy could be a target just like the rest of the Newcastle squad. FFs gees a break. Is not like it could never happen. Unlikely yes but NEVER come on.

It will never happen. He's on 120k a week, with Villa offering him in the region of 50k - 70k. But wait! Why not join Rangers for 15 - 20k and play in a piss poor SPL where half the teams may not even be here next season!

done deal ha ha

if murray pays £70,000 plus for a has been who is unfit more than he is fit then they will start wearing poppies on the shirts of the home team at the maris piper stadium and the next manager of that club will be jose mouriniho jordan will claim she,s a virgin and graham norton will release his new video my night of passion with cheryl cole

tbh the Owen concept isn't as far fetched as you'd think. He's in his 30s now, and no club on earth will pay the £120K a week he's currently on at Newcastle. He's also regarded as damaged goods now and I really can't see many EPL teams wanting to take him on.

If he was to take a brutal cut in wages, then crazier things have happened.

Exactly...

An English footballer written off by his Country and crippled by injury, signs for Rangers... Only to become a club great... De Ja Vous anyone?

Bloody Hell.

Get ur head out the sand.

We were struggling to offer Bruno Aguiar a contract so what makes u think we have a spare £60k-£90k lying around to splash on one player every week.

We may be a big team but we have no feckin money

Bloody Hell.

Get ur head out the sand.

We were struggling to offer Bruno Aguiar a contract so what makes u think we have a spare £60k-£90k lying around to splash on one player every week.

We may be a big team but we have no feckin money

:D... ha we all know we have no chance of Owen however... that Bruno Aguiar comment is completely unfounded

Jesus guys do your homework?

I've always wondered what planet a proportion of the rangers support live on when it comes to transfer suggestions.

(tu) but every team has a section of fans who come up with crazy transfer suggestions.

tbh the Owen concept isn't as far fetched as you'd think. He's in his 30s now, and no club on earth will pay the £120K a week he's currently on at Newcastle. He's also regarded as damaged goods now and I really can't see many EPL teams wanting to take him on.

Exactly...

An English footballer written off by his Country and crippled by injury, signs for Rangers... Only to become a club great... De Ja Vous anyone?

HELLO! His fucking wages, plus the transfer fee!!! It's never gonna happen! Fucking hell.

Exactly...

HELLO! His fucking wages, plus the transfer fee!!! It's never gonna happen! Fucking hell.

it would seem some ppl dont realise that times have changed since we had hately....

Exactly...

it would seem some ppl dont realise that times have changed since we had hately....

I know! lol. Owen is on 120k a week!! ffs.

Why is it always about the money? Maybe just maybe the guy would like to have one last crack at some silverware? Maybe he'd like a new challenge, or just maybe there's other players out there that would jump at the chance of playing for the Rangers. One of the greatest club sides in the world.

The guys a multi millionaire, perhaps he could find it in his heart to just want to play football. The chance to pull on the famous blue jersey and run out onto the famous ibrox stadium in front of 50,000 bears.

Or walk out as he might injure himself??

idk what you've been smoking but i want some :craphead:

Why is it always about the money? Maybe just maybe the guy would like to have one last crack at some silverware? Maybe he'd like a new challenge, or just maybe there's other players out there that would jump at the chance of playing for the Rangers. One of the greatest club sides in the world.

The guys a multi millionaire, perhaps he could find it in his heart to just want to play football. The chance to pull on the famous blue jersey and run out onto the famous ibrox stadium in front of 50,000 bears.

You sir, are a romantic and I admire that.

It'd be great to think that a player would choose to go to a club where he could become a hero, win some silverwear (something conspicuous in its absence from Owen's career) and play in the Champions League.

He has never won a league championship in his career for example. For a guy as talented as Owen, it's pretty amazing to see that all he's won is the FA cup (once), the League Cup (twice), the UEFA cup (once) and the European Super Cup (once). 4 of these were in 1 year.

Sadly, the reality is that the opportunity to add a few more million to the bank balance before hanging up his boots will be too great. Players playing for the love of the game just doesn't seem to happen any more.

Exactly...

I know! lol. Owen is on 120k a week!! ffs.

Hook line and sinker son... I am not one of the romantics who think we could attract a player on these wages however I am just here to explain... stranger things have happened... i.e. Roy Keane... he signed for Celtic... a man who was on loads of money took a pay cut to play for a club that he wanted be a part of (fcuk knows why <cr>) ...