**** SW19 Wimbledon ****

You say he doesn't have the subtlety but I saw plenty of great touches for a player not generally known as a great volleyer.

Me too. I also saw plenty of mistakes. That's my point.

Of course he relied on his serve, it's the fastest in the world and if he's at 0-40, he can save 3 break points with 3 brilliant serves which the opposition can't return.

Murray didn't play well but Roddick made it difficult for him and kept his volleys at a low height so Murray would have more trouble passing him.

But Murray outright missed with a lot of them - more down to his own performance than what Roddick was forcing imo.

One thing is curious - I hope Murray was being coy when he said in his press conference that he played well, because most of us know that he didn't. He was very much 'I played great but he served fantastic and there's little you can do with that' - hopefully it was just words because it means, if true, that he thinks he played very well and it wasn't good enough.

There was some mistakes but in general, I thought he volleyed superbly. He also tried to use drop-shots which didn't work great but showed he's not a mechanical player who can only serve.

Murray definitely missed some chances but I think Roddick approach shots and volleys caused some of his misses. Murray should have done better with a few lobs and passing shots but he does that in every game. He also produced some amazing shots at times.

I don't think Murray was being truthful, he ust doesn't want to take anything away from Roddick. He's not going to say "I was shit". He knows that he could play better and that was clear through his body language, he was disgusted at himself at times.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not one of his best performances tonight, but a fine Wimbledon overall, plenty time on his side.

Roddick played to the top of his game and good luck to him, tell you what i do love about Murray, is his 100% commitment and fighting spirit.

Who does everyone think will win today?

I can only see Venus winning the match in straight sets. She's got a remarkable record at Wimbledon that would be her 3rd title in a row as well as her sixth in ten years.

If Murray doesn't serve and return well, then he's in trouble.

Larry Stefanki has revitalized Andy Roddick big time.

You called that spot on Muff (tu)

That's like saying 'if he doesn't play well, he might not win' doh

I don't get how people can be pissed off at Murray...its not like he's representing a team that he's let down or nowt. He's there representing himself. I'm gutted for him, but i'm not pissed off at him. I don't have anything to be pissed off at!

Who's pissed off with Murray?

I don't get how people can be pissed off at Murray...its not like he's representing a team that he's let down or nowt. He's there representing himself. I'm gutted for him, but i'm not pissed off at him. I don't have anything to be pissed off at!

Who's pissed off with Murray?

Ive had some time to calm down and reflect on this match.....and im still fuckin pissed off! i cant believe it!!!!!!!!!!GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Just one. There's people raging at Murray for losing throughout the thread.

There are actually, I missed the page or so it was going on in. How ridiculous. I'm sure Andy Murray is a bit upset himself.