Rangers FC Agree to 'Setting the Standard' Debate

Frankie

We are pleased to announce that Rangers FC - via Chief Executive Martin Bain - have now commented on our 'Setting the Standard' project of the last few months.

Mr Bain has made the following points worthy of note by fans interested in the project:

- The club have read the report and thanked the contributors for their constructive efforts.

- Many of the issues highlighted in the report have been prioritised by the club but should be the subject of continued and informed debate.

- The club are open at all times to constructive recommendations and suggestions.

- The club welcomes the opportunity to work positively with the Rangers family.

- To that end, the club are recommending the report (available for download here) be tabled as a main agenda item at the next Rangers Supporters Assembly meeting where the club will be happy to participate.

We welcome this positive momentum and hope that this initial discussion will prove to be the first step towards an open debate between the support and the club in relation to the main points of the ‘Setting the Standard’ report.

:)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done but now the internal battle will begin with those of more extreme views wanting to dominate the debate - how constructive the dialogue is will depend on whom the RST allows to argue its case(s).

Well done but now the internal battle will begin with those of more extreme views wanting to dominate the debate - how constructive the dialogue is will depend on whom the RST allows to argue its case(s).

I'd be surprised if the RST had a problem with the majority of the content of the report considering they've highlighted some of the issues themselves. The Assembly itself has also made it clear that they expect a better performance from the club in many areas.

As such it is in everyone's interest to conduct the debate constructively to ensure the maximum good comes out of the project. I'm sure the all fan reps will be as professional as possible in that regard.

I had never read that report before, but I'm glad I have now. I particularly like the ideas about former players scouting, and a Rangers museum.

Glad you enjoyed it. Feel free to pass the link onto interested friends and colleagues. The more people aware of the project the better the chances of us finding the odd idea that may work.

Very well done Frankie, the final document was a credit to you, I hope people understand how much time and effort you put it in.

Now that your quoted in the corridors of power can we all rely on comp seats for the big games.....

Very well done Frankie, the final document was a credit to you, I hope people understand how much time and effort you put it in.

Now that your quoted in the corridors of power can we all rely on comp seats for the big games.....

Not all mate - it was the contributors that did the hard work as well as our extremely helpful (and patient) document designer. Collating the final report was easy given the excellent quality of the articles involved. :praise:

As for comp seats, I'm afraid the best I can offer is a seat on my knee if you can sneak past the stewards in the Broomloan Road... ;)

Be sure to spit in Bain's face for me if this means a meeting of some sort is in the pipeline :D

I'll in no way get my hopes up about Rangers implementing any of the changes proposed in the report. I hope they do but you must understand my scepticism.

I'll in no way get my hopes up about Rangers implementing any of the changes proposed in the report. I hope they do but you must understand my scepticism.

I completely understand (and share) your scepticism mate.

No-one is pretending a meeting of a club-funded committee is going to mean instant results. That's not going to happen. However, IMO, it is good news because it invites all fan representatives (Assembly, Assocation, Trust, NARSA, ORSA etc) to comment in an open, constructive fashion in a suitable environment.

Moreover, I'd certainly hope (and will request) that after the initial discussion at that meeting, the issue should be opened up to the support at large to debate in a practical fashion with key club employees.

Throughout the STS project, we have tried to maintain a constructive, positive attitude towards what we want to achieve. We've also ensured that every website and fan group we're aware of is kept informed as to progress even if they may disagree with the intentions of the report.

To be clear, we're not naive, we're not stooges and we're certainly more than capable - as we've seen in the report - of ensuring the club are criticised. We also recommend the Assembly is overhauled so right away that should prove a talking point for those that have complained about it for long enough but done nothing.

I think people have to ensure they read the whole document and, while we don't expect everyone to agree with every point, not allow the odd issue to cloud their judgement and spoil what has been a very positive project so far.

After all the project is solely about the betterment of the club. Surely no-one can argue with that.

Be sure to spit in Bain's face for me if this means a meeting of some sort is in the pipeline :D

The full purpose opf the report is to move the club forward and have the club working with the fans then you make a comment like that about spitting in a guys face

We also recommend the Assembly is overhauled so right away that should prove a talking point for those that have complained about it for long enough but done nothing.

That will be interesting!

The full purpose opf the report is to move the club forward and have the club working with the fans then you make a comment like that about spitting in a guys face

Wind yer neck in or change your tampon, either way - develop a sense of humour FFS.

If you seriously think I'm expecting Frankie or any of the other contributors to take that joke on board you are a head case.

We also recommend the Assembly is overhauled so right away that should prove a talking point for those that have complained about it for long enough but done nothing.

You may or may not remember an empirical survey on Gersnet/RM regarding supporters' representation. Although the poll was hardly scientific the results were interesting in that the vast majority of people felt improvements were required in all existing organisations.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/newsite/ind...21&Itemid=2

As such, while we should all be prepared to examine the club's failings; we need to be a bit more aware of our own before we can achieve some of the aims we'd all like to see like a fan on the board etc.

You may or may not remember an empirical survey on Gersnet/RM regarding supporters' representation. Although the poll was hardly scientific the results were interesting in that the vast majority of people felt improvements were required in all existing organisations.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/newsite/ind...21&Itemid=2

As such, while we should all be prepared to examine the club's failings; we need to be a bit more aware of our own before we can achieve some of the aims we'd all like to see like a fan on the board etc.

Yeah seen that Frankie and remember it well. Totally agree with your sentiments.

No-one is pretending a meeting of a club-funded committee is going to mean instant results. That's not going to happen. However, IMO, it is good news because it invites all fan representatives (Assembly, Assocation, Trust, NARSA, ORSA etc) to comment in an open, constructive fashion in a suitable environment.

Moreover, I'd certainly hope (and will request) that after the initial discussion at that meeting, the issue should be opened up to the support at large to debate in a practical fashion with key club employees.

Throughout the STS project, we have tried to maintain a constructive, positive attitude towards what we want to achieve. We've also ensured that every website and fan group we're aware of is kept informed as to progress even if they may disagree with the intentions of the report.

To be clear, we're not naive, we're not stooges and we're certainly more than capable - as we've seen in the report - of ensuring the club are criticised. We also recommend the Assembly is overhauled so right away that should prove a talking point for those that have complained about it for long enough but done nothing.

I think people have to ensure they read the whole document and, while we don't expect everyone to agree with every point, not allow the odd issue to cloud their judgement and spoil what has been a very positive project so far.

After all the project is solely about the betterment of the club. Surely no-one can argue with that.

As I have said on so many occasions, THAT is the way forward. United we stand and all that.

I am very much looking forward to seeing how this plays out

As I have said on so many occasions, THAT is the way forward. United we stand and all that.

Exactly.

Thats brilliant news. Its a great step forward. Well done everyone involved

- The club are open at all times to constructive recommendations and suggestions.

Does this include transfer targets, because I'd be more than happy to relocate to Glasgow and spend my days watching players and reccomending them to the club :craphead:

Seriously though this is great news. Hopefully something constructive can come out of this.

Direct communication with the Club's CE is a fine step forward, as is his and the club's co-operation on this.

Superb for the club, the forum, and fans in general :)

Already fractured, the RST it seems will take no part in it.

I find that incredibly sad.

I'm sure those responsible will carry on with 'STS' regardless.

As I said, I hope it bears some positive results but wont hold my breath.

Cynic Loyal :D