Lucho to Marseille?

Muff

French club Marseille have reportedly agreed a €17m fee for FC Porto’s Argentine midfielder Lucho Gonzalez, with personal terms all that is left to be finalised in order to seal the transfer.

According to Porto-based daily O Jogo, Marseille director general Antoine Veyrat was in Portugal on Saturday, and left having thrashed out a club-record 17m Euro deal for Lucho. The fee could rise by one million per season that the midfielder is at the Velodrome, meaning a potential total of 21m Euros.

Marseille will meet with Lucho’s representative, Marcelo Simonian, tomorrow, and will place an offer of a four-year contract worth €2m per season without tax. The salary would represent a slight increase on Lucho’s current deal at the Dragao, and the Ligue 1 club are confident that the player will agree terms in the next couple of days.

http://www.portugoal.net/index.php/more-fc...-marseille-move

Bit of a strange move if this does happen - Lucho Gonzalez is a class act.

And with Lisandro Lopez being linked with Lyon too it seems that Porto might have to go out and find another couple of gems this Summer.

Hey, they've got Orlando Sa to replace Lopez... they'll be alright............. :craphead:

Lucho is a quality player. Surprised no big clubs in England, Italy or Spain have went after him in the past few years.

But with Gourcuff staying at Bordeaux, Lucho and Lisandro to French Clubs, if Benzema stays at Lyon, Ligue 1 will be well worth watching next season.

Lucho is awesome.

That's the kind of player that Man City SHOULD be going for. Wouldn't cost the Earth and easily top three Premiership quality.

Not that I'd want to see him move to a club like City, but it's shrewd business sense.

I envisaged him going to Real Madrid, so this confuses me a bit. OM isn't really that much of a step up from Porto is it?

I thought Marseille would be a step down from Porto, what have Marseille done since their corruption absolutely nothing, Porto have won 2 european cups and reach the latter stages of the champions league regularly.

I envisaged him going to Real Madrid, so this confuses me a bit. OM isn't really that much of a step up from Porto is it?

The league is though.

He'd be some player for Madrid. Exactly what they should be looking at.

The league is though.

Agreed..They can sign all the best attackin talent in the world it still won't win them trophies. Not with that 2-bob defence

The league is though.

Agreed..They can sign all the best attackin talent in the world it still won't win them trophies. Not with that 2-bob defence

Buddy, if you think a backline of Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Raul Albiol and Marcelo is '2-bob', then I want a try of whatever you're smoking ;)

Sergio Ramos - Along with Dani Alves, he's probably the most overrated RB in the world. He's up and down the wing non-stop, yet he can't cross. He's a CB, and not even a special one at that.

Pepe - He's a poor defender, plus his behaviour isn't cut out for such a disciplined role at a huge club like Real.

Raul Albiol - Good defender. We'll see how he is playing at a higher level and constantly in Europe.

Marcelo - Come on man, the lad should be a left-winger or something because he can't defend. All he does is run up the wing and try and shoot from 30 yards. His intelligence on a football field is quite low too.

The league is though.

Buddy, if you think a backline of Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Raul Albiol and Marcelo is '2-bob', then I want a try of whatever you're smoking ;)

Sergio Ramos - Along with Dani Alves, he's probably the most overrated RB in the world. He's up and down the wing non-stop, yet he can't cross. He's a CB, and not even a special one at that.

Pepe - He's a poor defender, plus his behaviour isn't cut out for such a disciplined role at a huge club like Real.

Raul Albiol - Good defender. We'll see how he is playing at a higher level and constantly in Europe.

Marcelo - Come on man, the lad should be a left-winger or something because he can't defend. All he does is run up the wing and try and shoot from 30 yards. His intelligence on a football field is quite low too.

I think you're being ridiculously harsh there, especially on Pepe and Ramos.

What have either ever done to prove they belong at a world-class club? Pepe especially.

He's only been at Madrid for a short time during one of their most turbulent periods, hardly a situation in which to showcase your best talent.

On the other hand, he was sensational for Portugal in Germany 2006 and also superb for Porto before his move to Madrid.

As for Ramos? He's been given the task of looking after the whole right hand side of the pitch himself for Real for about four years now. You don't get that sort of job if you're not that good.

The league is though.

Dani Alves and Sergio Ramos over-rated? Ramos can't cross? Ok he may not be a Beckham when it comes to crossing, but he can still put a decent one in. Defensively too, he's top drawer- that's why he was key to Spain's Euro victory.

As for Pepe, he's a machine physically. He'll win 9/10 headers for them, while he won't be caught for pace by many players. Sure, he's passioante, but that doesn't affect his concentration at all.

Marcelo doesn't need to be the best defender because of the rest of the defence, but he's sound in that department too. It's his strength in attacking that puts him in the team. Will mature into a top left back.

Ramos key to Euro 2008? No chance. Xavi, Iniesta, Torres & Villa aye.

Ramos was also key to Spain going out of the Confederations cup, let's not forget.

Pepe's not a good defender. He may be a bit of a beast in the air, but that doesn't mean you deserve to star for Madrid. They may as well sign Glenn Loovens if that's the case. Or, they could have went for guys like Vidic and Carvalho, who have it all, and aren't just powerful.

You imply Madrid's defence is good, yet they ship so many goals it's unreal. And it's nothing to do with their keeper as he's probably the best in the world.

Personally, I don't think Ramos is anywhere near as good as folk make him out to be (At RB). Too many knobs watch football and go "wow. he's fast, what a player!".