Bougy woe rocks Gers

Bougy woe rocks Gers

By ROGER HANNAH

Published: 30 Jun 2009

rigTeaserImage

RANGERS are set to lose Madjid Bougherra for a MONTH of their SPL title defence.

The Algerian ace looks certain to play in the African Cup of Nations in January.

Algeria are just one win from qualification. If they reach the finals in Angola, the big stopper could miss five or six games.

The tournament starts on January 10 with the final held on January 31.

Gers have a hectic schedule in January which includes a New Year Old Firm derby.

Bougy, who missed two Old Firm clashes last season through injury, will be OK for Parkhead.

But he would head for Africa after the derby and then be forced to miss around five big games.

Bougherra said: "This season I have all of the Scottish competitions, the Champions League and hopefully the World Cup and the African Cup of Nations. I can't wait to go and play in the Champions League against the best in Europe, it's a big test."

Meanwhile, Gers could use Charlie Adam as bait to land Northern Ireland midfield ace Chris Brunt.

Walter Smith is keen on West Brom ace Brunt and Adam may be part of the deal.

Oh the mhedia are on the ball today!

W.B.A want Alan Irvine, who supposidly wants Charlie Adam at Preston. We have been linked with Chris Brunt....and there is their story.

Well you can shove your Chris Brunt up your arse, I'd rather keep Charlie Adam, and play him, than sign Brunt.

As for Madjid Bougherra; will be a loss, and another reason why we need to bring in a top class CB this summer!

Im sure you are the same people who complained when we signed Davis and Lafferty. Get a life

Lafferty - yes, Davis - no....

And I still don't think Lafferty is worth anywhere near £3.5m, especially when I knew that he'd be wasted out on the left for a lot of games.

Im sure you are the same people who complained when we signed Davis and Lafferty. Get a life

i do not remember complaining about Davis when he signed. Whoever did must be nuts. I may of had doubts about Laffery I put my hands up to that one.

i do not remember complaining about Davis when he signed. Whoever did must be nuts. I may of had doubts about Laffery I put my hands up to that one.

You weren't even a member here when we signed Lafferty and Davis

:lol:

And I still don't think Lafferty is worth anywhere near £3.5m, especially when I knew that he'd be wasted out on the left for a lot of games.

I'm a massive fan of Lafferty, he has so many good attributes to his game and loads of potential to fill at age 21.

I also (unlike everyone on this site apparently) think Brunty would be a great signing - think he would fit into our team at LM very effectively - also he played so well for WBA at the end of last season. Doubt we will get him though, so don't worry everyone!

Disappointing to lose him but that's just what happens when you have an international from the Africa region, many other clubs are in the same boat.

But it is another reason for bringing someone else in, the likes of Kirk Broadfoot and Lee McCulloch just aren't good enough.

Lots o EPL teams moaned about this but thats just part of life - and Walter will be well aware of it and the need to have a 'solution' - (Christian Dailly andyone!?) or Davie Weir if we have bought another CB.

<H2 class=padding-bottom-7 style="FONT-SIZE: 1.05em; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.05em">RANGERS are set to lose Madjid Bougherra for a MONTH of their SPL title defence. </H2>

The Algerian ace looks certain to play in the African Cup of Nations in January.

Algeria are just one win from qualification. If they reach the finals in Angola, the big stopper could miss five or six games.

Gers have a hectic schedule in January which includes a New Year Old Firm derby.

Bougy, who missed two Old Firm clashes last season through injury, will be OK for Parkhead.

But he would head for Africa after the derby and then be forced to miss around five big games.

Bougherra said: "This season I have all of the Scottish competitions, the Champions League and hopefully the World Cup and the African Cup of Nations. I can't wait to go and play in the Champions League against the best in Europe, it's a big test."

Meanwhile, Gers could use Charlie Adam as bait to land Northern Ireland midfield ace Chris Brunt.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...rocks-Gers.html

<H2 class=padding-bottom-7 style="FONT-SIZE: 1.05em; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.05em">RANGERS are set to lose Madjid Bougherra for a MONTH of their SPL title defence. </H2>

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...rocks-Gers.html

that same artilce i put on eariler.

everyone and their dog knows we need a top quality centre half

nothing has changed

we should have the league wrapped up by january and the last 16 champs league games are not till feb so we will be fine without boughy.

;)

keeping adam ahead of brunt is taking it too far. if the story is to be believed, i would be happy with that, dont know much about the lad, anything i have seen has been pretty good, gossip is he is just as lazy as adam, so who knows....................we wait

I'm a massive fan of Lafferty, he has so many good attributes to his game and loads of potential to fill at age 21.

I also (unlike everyone on this site apparently) think Brunty would be a great signing - think he would fit into our team at LM very effectively - also he played so well for WBA at the end of last season. Doubt we will get him though, so don't worry everyone!

Hi sorry first post here. Mate can i ask what GOOD attributes lafferty has? personally i think the guy is a diddy. He cant Head the ball for being about 7 foot, his first touch is on a par or maybe worse than kenny millers, he runs at players with no idea what the fuck he is goin to do once he gets near the guy and usually just runs into them, people complain about boyd but i would much much rather have boyd in my team than 3.5 million worth of shite

davis was a superb signing

i didnt want lafferty at rangers but he has surprised me and i think he will continue to get better.

im a rangers st holder and i attend all n.i home games and i do not want to see brunt at the gers,lazy is not the word and regularly i have seen the left backs get pissed of with him not running and doing his work for him.

tho i was wrong about kyle,if we do sign brunt i hope im wrong again.