Who have been our best left backs?

nvager

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was that Danish LB that Souness signed My minds gone blank {again], he was a decent back but said he didn't like it when Souness told him to give any winger he played against a good couple of whacks to let them know your there.

Didn't take Souness long to get rid of him when he wouldn't comply :D but he was a good LB.

Who was the best - I think Caldow and Numan were about the two best.

Anyone else better?

Numan! in the same breath as Caldow? couldn't lace Erics boots.

Probably true PB but so few on here ever had the pleasure of seeing him play. Eric could run faster backwards than most of our lot now going forward.

Who was that Danish LB that Souness signed My minds gone blank {again], he was a decent back but said he didn't like it when Souness told him to give any winger he played against a good couple of whacks to let them know your there.

Didn't take Souness long to get rid of him when he wouldn't comply :D but he was a good LB.

Just remembered his name Jan Bartram, was doin' my head in.

in my time Davie Robertson was the best left back i had ever seen, anywhere. im 30. i thought numan was over rated, but thats just me!!!!

what a player Robbo was, loved him.

I have never understood people affection for Numan, but time can do strange things, I know he was a model pro, but

can anyone remember the goals we lost due to Numan's poor marking in the box, or is it just me.

can anyone remember him sprinting down the line out pacing their defence and putting a quality cross into the box. No, neither can I. He always cut inside onto his weaker foot.

Numan was an average full back, terrible in the air and very one footed, He used to nearly dislocate his hip, rather than use his right peg.

He scored a belter against Celtic and could run as fat as the headless chicken Agate, thats the best you can say

Eric Caldow played over 260 games for Rangers and was never booked once, Sadly he broke his leg against Celtic and was never the same player,

We seem to have struggled in the LB position

Surprised no-one has mentioned Jock 'tiger' Shaw. In my time of watching the gers I would have to say Numan

True, but like Alan Morton perhaps our best ever winger - no one saw him play.

Rate Davie Robertson above any other left back we have had. His partnership with Laudrup was brilliant. We certainly suffered the season he left when we had to endure Stale Stensaas

in my time Davie Robertson was the best left back i had ever seen, anywhere. im 30. i thought numan was over rated, but thats just me!!!!

what a player Robbo was, loved him.

I have never understood people affection for Numan, but time can do strange things, I know he was a model pro, but

can anyone remember the goals we lost due to Numan's poor marking in the box, or is it just me.

can anyone remember him sprinting down the line out pacing their defence and putting a quality cross into the box. No, neither can I. He always cut inside onto his weaker foot.

Numan was an average full back, terrible in the air and very one footed, He used to nearly dislocate his hip, rather than use his right peg.

He scored a belter against Celtic and could run as fat as the headless chicken Agate, thats the best you can say

Eric Caldow played over 260 games for Rangers and was never booked once, Sadly he broke his leg against Celtic and was never the same player,

We seem to have struggled in the LB position

Caldow broke his leg playin for scotland against england mate. But I agree with you to some extent about Numan

Just remembered his name Jan Bartram, was doin' my head in.

He scored that peach against hearts at Ibrox & left soon after, to rip us(or was it Souness)apart in the press..

Davie Robertsons runs were legendary.

I am not old enough to remember Caldow, but by the sounds of those who are on here he was some player.

Numan was good but very overated.

I think a lot of our fans saw his reputation as a shiny expensive Dutchman and didn't see his ability for what it was - good, but not fantastic.

A couple of mentions around here for Munro - that's who I named LB in my best ever Rangers 11.