Man United sign Antonio Valencia

cam69r

Nani is horrificly bad, can't see him coming good.

Valencia will be a good signing, but is not Ronaldos replacement. Man Utd will not replace Ronaldo. I think they will revert back to a tradtional 4-4-2 with Valencia out and out winger and Rooney and Berbs up top, instead of playing the weird Rooney on the left Ronaldo on the right thing they did last season.

Valencia will be a good signing, but is not Ronaldos replacement. Man Utd will not replace Ronaldo. I think they will revert back to a tradtional 4-4-2 with Valencia out and out winger and Rooney and Berbs up top, instead of playing the weird Rooney on the left Ronaldo on the right thing they did last season.

Absolutely.

With Tevez and Ronaldo gone (and Berbatov playing horribly), they simply can't play the alternating 4-3-3 system that's brought them success.

That is, of course, unless they go and spend some green.

nani is better than him

Nowhere near it.

I don't think I'd give Nani a game for us.

I wouldn't go that far especially when you look at our alternatives for players in Nani type positions!

True, maybe that was an overexaggerated outburst of Nani-hating.

It was a bad season for him but the guy still has ability, a spell on loan somewhere might even do Nani some good.

As for Valencia, decent signing but he's certainly not a replacement for Ronaldo. And they still need to sign a Benzema type player.

Strangely enough Valencia's stats (I know lies, damn lies and statistics and all that) from last season were generally better than Ronaldo's.

Obviously Ronaldo scored a lot more goals and he had the edge in terms of pass completition (82% to Valencia's 81%)but that aside Valencia had better dribbling completition rate, better crossing accuracy and a better tackling rate.

SAF rarely gets thinsg wrong, and in a years time I think people will be on here praising Valencia to the high heavans.

I can't speak highly enough of him and I think he will be sensational for Man Utd.

Man Utd won't have said to be watching throughout last season for nothing.

They've been watching him for longer than that mate.

The rumours first started about eighteen months ago.

Wouldn't be surprised.

Strangely enough Valencia's stats (I know lies, damn lies and statistics and all that) from last season were generally better than Ronaldo's.

Obviously Ronaldo scored a lot more goals and he had the edge in terms of pass completition (82% to Valencia's 81%)but that aside Valencia had better dribbling completition rate, better crossing accuracy and a better tackling rate.

SAF rarely gets thinsg wrong, and in a years time I think people will be on here praising Valencia to the high heavans.

I can't speak highly enough of him and I think he will be sensational for Man Utd.

Guessing you've been watching sky sports news? :craphead:

I found it funny that the presenters failed to mention that they don't really play in the same position.

Nani is fucking brutal!! Its staggering to see how badly and unaccurately he can hit the ball!!

Nani is fucking brutal!! Its staggering to see how badly and unaccurately he can hit the ball!!

Nani's problem is he thinks he's Ronaldo.