RSEA New Poppy Badge

gennaro

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like that I will be getting them as soon as I could sell a lot of them through my lodge.

Hope this has got the backing of the club, and hopefully other teams will follow us think Hearts fans would go for this if there teams creast was on it

after what happen to there boys in the first war.

Its for a good cause after all.

From Russell Nash of FF:

Here is a wee history (and a bit more) of the RSEA

The Erskine Home for British Ex Service Personnel

Erskine (formerly Erskine Hospital) was founded in 1916 to care for the wounded returning from World War I. Today, the charity provides unrivalled respite and long term care for young and old ex-Service men and women throughout Scotland. Over 70,000 have been cared for by Erskine and demographics indicate there is demand for places up to at least 2020.

Charity Registration No SC006609

The Rangers Supporters Erskine Appeal

In June 2007, a conversation took place in the Wee Rangers Club between The MFDM of the Blue Order and Rangers Fan Russell Nash regarding raising enough money to treat a group of ex-service personnel from the Erskine Home and their carers to a matchday “day out” at Ibrox and so the RSEA was born

Rangers Legend and Former Black Watch Soldier Harold Davis was duly invited to be our Honorary Patron and Figure Head, a role he was delighted to accept and has actively taken to his heart.

In our first year we organised commemorative pin badges, raffles, auctions and a sponsored walk and a 5 a side tourney and in doing so, managed to raise enough funds to give 12 old souls and their carers a day out to remember.

Such was the success of the fundraising and generosity of the Rangers fans we were left with a surplus of £30,079-13p, which we delighted to hand over to Erskine at a presentation evening.

We also donated a Garden Bench dedicated to the memory to Scotland’s greatest ever manager Bill Struth.

This bench now sits in Erskine’s Garden of Remembrance.

2008/9

Our initiative had firmly caught the imagination of Rangers fans throughout the country and indeed throughout the world, who emailed and phoned us, urging us to continue with the initiative for a 2nd campaign.

We accepted the challenge.

Over 7,000 badges were commissioned and sold, 2 sponsored walks were organised, one in Aberdeenshire and the other across the Rannoch Moor in Glen Coe with over 40 volunteers taking part, including 5 kids under the age of 13.

In Oct 2008 we held a Sportsman’s Dinner were we were royal entertained by a new member to the rangers family former FA Referee Jeff Winter and Terry Hurlock as well as our Patron Harold Davis

We have also been supported by Chelsea ace and Rangers fan Frank Lampard who has provided us with a number of autographed tops to auction and has shown a keen interest in all our events.

On the 6th June 2009 the 5 kids who took part in the Glen Coe sponsored walk were treated to a tour of Ibrox, we used this occasion to present a cheque to the Hospital who are sending a member of staff and a resident to Ibrox to collect it.

Our Cheque for Erskine this year totalled £34,002-13p Bringing our total over the two years to £64,081-26

We also made a £1,500 donation to Poppy Scotland

We are not members of any particular fan group/assembly/supporters club etc; however we have had immense support from FF.com the RST and Rangers Lotto

2009/10

Here’s to our forthcoming campaign

We’ve already planned a sponsored walk for 11 October 2009 in Peeblesshire in the Scottish Borders, a Five a side tournament, a race night as well and raffles and auctions etc etc

we have also had enquiries from the ROI, England (BOLTON_ BLACKPOOL_& BOLTON) Erburdeen and Dubai about aditional and supplimetary sponsored walks

Hopefully we can reach £100,000 for Erskine by the end of 2009/10.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to read this post, I hope you give it your fullest consideration; we’d love to have you on board.

Kindest regards

R_Nash + MFDM

co-Founders

RSEA

Rangers Forever

Let's get past the £100k mark this year bears.

I really like that I will be getting them as soon as I could sell a lot of them through my lodge.

Hope this has got the backing of the club, and hopefully other teams will follow us think Hearts fans would go for this if there teams creast was on it

You'd think, wouldn't you.

You'd think, wouldn't you.

They did include a wee write up on the club site a couple of weeks ago. Even mentions Gers fan Russell Nash :D

RSEA Article Rangers.co.uk

Just been reading a piece by Nash over there, he's talking about an article in a local newspaer about the appeal.

The headline:

OLD FIRM FANS SUPPORT OUR ERSKINE HEROES

Wtf has it to do with ra sellick?

These guys outdo themselves year in, year out. These designs get better and better.

I bought 10 last year and gave them out to my Bolton mates and they were highly impressed.

I think this year i might sell them to them instead ;)