SPL Team Of The Decade

article written on july 18th 2009 yet they still manage to stick a picture of celtic with the spl trophy last year in there. That says it all for me but the team is just laughable.Blatantly celtic biased. Larsson deserves to be there of course but mcnamara ahead of artur numan at left back???

Gordon is a decent enough choice between the posts.

Not one of those defenders should be in there IMO. If you want to try and exclude Old Firm players where possible then Russell Anderson was easily a more consistant defender than both Caldwell and Pressley.

Nakamura :lol:

Lennon (regretably) deserves his place.

Nakamura could also be questioned.

-klos-

-hutton- -balde- -amuruso- -ball-

-davis- -arteta- -gattuso- -lovenkrands-

-larsson- -cabalerro-

:anguish:

They were good in there time :P:lol:

Ball was a solid LB but not worth the money we paid. A regular 6/10 player.

Lovenkrands was shit in the left wing position, and shit hot as a striker.

Best SPL team of the last 10 years....

Gordon...the reason he cost Sunderland a fortune is because Keane had money to burn. He lost his place more than once at Sunderland, and while he's solid for Scotland, he is a tiny bit over rated.

Ricksen's a staggering choice - as RB he was pretty poor, and clearly, while his purple patch with us was only about a year long, Hutton is leap and bounds better than any RB in the SPL for a decade.

Pressley - good leader tbf, and while not the most gifted defender, had a bit of the Richard Dunnes about him where he led well from the back and forged a really excellent partnership with Webster.

Caldwell...words fail me as to why this guy gets so much good press. He's merely adequate and no more.

MacNamara...the best left back in the last 10 years in the SPL? I think Fyssas is a half decent shout tbh.

Nakamura ... laughable choice.

Lennon - deserves his place as Bandage Boy says.

Ferguson, without doubt does too.

Latapy is an interesting choice - creative spark but only really recognised once he left Rangers. Was decent for Utd but it wasn't till arriving at Falkirk that everyone creamed over him. I think it was more down to his fitness at his age than his raw class.

Boyd - well we can't even agree on him on this forum :)

Larsson - yeah, easy enough choice there.

Some glaring ommissions in this list:

Cuellar, Klos, Boruc (yes, really, when he's on form he is brilliant, unfortunately), Bednar, Mjallby, Hartson, Sutton, Kingston, Jones, Novo, Cannigia...

List goes on and on.

That is hilarious. No non old firm player would get near the team. Klos for Gordon, Ricksen was a pish right back, Pressley? C'mon tae fuck! Amoruso, deserves it. Let them keep Caldwell, although that could be questionable since O'neills defence had three better players. McNamara over Numan? Aye nae bother...

Nakamura? Right enough with Larsson up front thats a few cheap free kicks for him to bang in. I'd have Petrov before him. Latapy? Fucken Russell Latapy? No de boer?

The strikeforce is the only thing he's got right, bur if you want quality and not just goals, I'd take Prso before Boyd.

-------------------Klos--------------------

---Hutton--Balde/Mjallby--Amoruso---Numan--

---Moravcik--Ferguson--Lennon--Gio--

------------Larsson---Mols----------------

Couldn't decide between Balde and Mjallby, but, apart from that I would say thats the best team to play in the SPL.

Gordon...the reason he cost Sunderland a fortune is because Keane had money to burn. He lost his place more than once at Sunderland, and while he's solid for Scotland, he is a tiny bit over rated.

Ricksen's a staggering choice - as RB he was pretty poor, and clearly, while his purple patch with us was only about a year long, Hutton is leap and bounds better than any RB in the SPL for a decade.

Pressley - good leader tbf, and while not the most gifted defender, had a bit of the Richard Dunnes about him where he led well from the back and forged a really excellent partnership with Webster.

Caldwell...words fail me as to why this guy gets so much good press. He's merely adequate and no more.

MacNamara...the best left back in the last 10 years in the SPL? I think Fyssas is a half decent shout tbh.

Latapy is an interesting choice - creative spark but only really recognised once he left Rangers. Was decent for Utd but it wasn't till arriving at Falkirk that everyone creamed over him. I think it was more down to his fitness at his age than his raw class.

Cuellar, Klos, Boruc (yes, really, when he's on form he is brilliant, unfortunately), Bednar, Mjallby, Hartson, Sutton, Kingston, Jones, Novo, Cannigia...

List goes on and on.

Laptapy was a truly fantastic player, apart from when with us.

He is considered by most Hibs fans as a 'legend'. I can't really argue with them either he was brilliant on his day. That performance against Hearts when Hibs won 6-2 was one of the best performances ever in the SPL. He won MOTM in that game, a game where big Mixu scored a hat-trick.

List goes on and on.

He's a nice guy as well TBH talks away didnt even know who he was till later on after he'd left the shop hope he does well managing trinidad and tobago