No leader in the dressing room and on the field . . .

. . . and thats a fact. Just hope KT takes up the mantle but with the injury he'll be just happy gettin through the season intact. So this leaves us with a dilemma, somebody will need to step up to the plate. Maybe we need to bring somebody in ? :sherlock:

David Weir is a great leader on and off the park, however long term KT can be the one to lead but does he have the qualities needed to be club captain of Rangers? Fuck knows, but I think Edu could be a great captain

:D

Thread blown to smithereens in the 1st reply.

Just hope I haven't nipped a potentially legendary fishing expedition in the bud. However its a valid point about KT getting through the season with no injuries based on past experience with him. Weir for now is a good captain to have and in so many ways embodies what Rangers are all about and he's an absoloute gentleman as well and a credit to the game in the way he conducts himself. Dare I say it though Edu could make a good captain of Rangers in time but for now lets have him focused on playing well for Rangers on a regular basis, see what happens down the line

Jim :pipe:

Broadfoot is the leader in waiting.

Good old, Kirk we don't have the what it takes to compete in the Champions League Broadfoot. Get him away to fuck!

Everyone has to noise it up, everyone has to stand up and be counted, and everyone has their part to play. We did pretty well without Ferguson, and a number of players came out their shells!

Imo the role af captain or 'leader' isn't as important as people make out. In the U.K we love the idea of a captain with a bandage and blood all over his head crashing into tackles and screaming at people but actually it's more important to be able to control the football, know how to do your own job and be a good pro in terms of lifestyle.

In saying that I would pick Thomson out of our current squad, he seems sensible, a competitor and a good spokeman for Rangers.

No leaders in the dressing room - except for Weir, (Captain) Thomson, Davis and Bougherra (all cited as candidates for captaincy) and Boyd (who has been captain on the field) - Then there's the Chief Cheer Leader (I'll let these foriegners know what it means to play for this club!!) - Novo!

But apart from them, (oh and Smith, McCoist and Durrant on the management side) there are NO leaders at the cub on or off the park !!

:redcard: