Blackpool hopeful over Adam move

Jimbo.

Rangers' Charlie Adam nearly speaks to Blackpool

Charlie Adam's long-running Blackpool transfer saga has inched forward again, with the Rangers player's agent sending a "proposal" to the English club.

21 July 2009 16:27 PM

* Comment

Rangers' Charlie Adam nearly speaks to Blackpool

Rangers midfielder Charlie Adam seems to have finally come round to the notion of meeting with Blackpool after avoiding the English Championship side for the best part of a fortnight.

The Seasiders have made a bid of £500,000 for Adam but have seen the move stall as the player continues to dig his heels in at the Glasgow club.

Now Blackpool manager Ian Holloway has said that although there has still been no direct contact and no sign of the player at the club, there does seem to have been some movement.

"His agent sent us a proposal through,” Holloway told the Blackpool Gazette, “and I've told him what I can do for him and what I think we can do for his career.

"If he comes to work with me I think he'll like it, but until he gets in the car and does it we are struggling a bit. I'm not going to beg anyone."

Adam enjoyed a successful loan spell with Blackpool during the second half of last season, but the lifelong Rangers fan is still trying to secure a future in Glasgow.

Holloway continued: "He's a very ambitious lad, with great belief in himself and maybe that's half the problem.

"Charlie is unsure whether it's right for him to leave Rangers as he believes he can get into that team.

"You have to consider the disappointment of being rejected by your club when you look at the way he behaved. I am prepared to be patient."

Holloway added: "Personally I don't like the fact he hasn't been down to speak to us about it, but he says he knows the set-up and knows the club. Players have got to want to come for the right reasons."

Hopefully this waste of space is finally moved on as he is not good enough to play for Rangers and he is obviously not wanted by the manager and the fans!

It seems very likely he will sign tomorrow according to local gossip. As a Blackpool supporter I just don't get this thing about his weight. He seemed pretty well in trim to me last season. BTW he is already something of a legend down here even if the deal doesn't go through.

Hopefully this waste of space is finally moved on as he is not good enough to play for Rangers and he is obviously not wanted by the manager and the fans!

It seems very likely he will sign tomorrow according to local gossip. As a Blackpool supporter I just don't get this thing about his weight. He seemed pretty well in trim to me last season. BTW he is already something of a legend down here even if the deal doesn't go through.

Legend:

Adam starts talks with Blackpool

Rangers, 15:41, July 22, 2009

Charlie Adam may have now accepted his Rangers fate after entering into transfer talks with Championship side Blackpool.

The 23-year-old, who was on loan with the Seasiders from February to the end of last season, had initially rejected a permanent move as he wanted to fight for his place at Ibrox.

Gers boss Walter Smith had accepted a £500,000 offer from Ian Holloway more than two weeks ago and now it would appear that Adam has realised his Ibrox career has come to an end.

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway will now try to persuade the Scotland international that a move to Blackpool will be good for his future.

Holloway said: "He's a very ambitious lad with great belief in himself and maybe that's half the problem. Charlie is unsure whether it's right for him to leave Rangers as he believes he can get into that team.

"His agent sent us a proposal through, and I've told him what I can do for him and what I think we can do for his career.

"If he comes to work with me I think he'll like it, but until he gets in the car and does it we are struggling a bit. I'm not going to beg anyone."

thank fuck the goose man is going

Just a re-jig of an old story. No new quotes or news.

Oh come on just because someone is doing your job for you ;):P

Nah, its true. Someone posted more or less the same story yesterday with the same quotes.

Some other site has just made the article more exciting.

Just a re-jig of an old story. No new quotes or news.

Oh come on just because someone is doing your job for you ;):P

Nah, its true. Someone posted more or less the same story yesterday with the same quotes.

Some other site has just made the article more exciting.

On sunday Boab posted a news stroy which I already posted. So he can not complain about people posting old news. Here link of him doing it here http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...p;#entry3524401.