Why do you support Rangers?

Sorry if this has been covered before but quite new on RM

I get asked 'Why do you support Rangers?'

Most people say you are born with it, which i pretty much agree with, but in my case I don't really know how to answer this question.

I was born and bred in 1980 in Stockport, England, with all my mates being either Man City, Man Utd, or Stockport County fans, My Dad started to take me to see County since about 1984, which I had then went on to have a season ticket til I was about 18............., Then this was when my life was never gonna be the same again!!

I'd obviously knew what went on north of the border, and what Rangers believed in, due to the love of football, but when one of my mates invited me to go and stay with his family for the weekend in Bellshill, I jumped at the chance, what a time I had, we watched Rangers in the pub and still to this day I can not explain the feeling I got that afternoon, and I thought to myself I need to go and see them at Ibrox!

Then when I did go to Ibrox I was blown away! the whole day, from pre-match, to still taking about the game at last orders, ever since then I have followed Rangers over land and sea, having a season ticket for five of those years, until the birth of my little girl 2 years ago, (cos the missus put her foot down!) Rangers have become a massive part of my life, with alot of things coming second, The usual, going sick from work, missing family weddings etc.

I still follow Stockport County when I can but follow Rangers alot more due to being part of a great bunch of lads from Stockport who regularly run buses to and from Ibrox, I don't know if people will find this post boring or not but being in my position where I get people saying I don't have family links in Scotland, or live or ever lived in Glasgow, i find it hard to answer the question, But I think the simple answer is cos.............

WE ARE THE PEOPLE! :21:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a good post and probably not an easy answer.

I follow Rangers probably because its come down the line from my Great Grandfather who worked in the yards in Greenock and so on. Also through coming from the wet coast (the Isle of Mull to be exact) it has always been a predominantly Rangers supporting area.

Its nice to hear of someone from other parts of the U.K who follow Rangers.

i love the rangers. still get the goosebumps walking upto ibrox on matchday,the sight of the stadium and the buzz.

i'm from bellshill. what pubs were you in. the burns bar and the crown?

i love the rangers. still get the goosebumps walking upto ibrox on matchday,the sight of the stadium and the buzz.

Been to both of them, also the Thorniewood and whats that other social club down the road that runs a bus to the matches, forget the name of it now, and not to forget having a bit of trouble when I walked passed The Stables with my Gers shirt on!!

Happy Days!!

"Cause I Was Born Under A Union Jack"

No seriously it just runs in the family and i inherited it from my father and have now passed it on to my son !!!

Will pass it on to my son......Thats if I have one!!!

Pass it on to your little girl. My dad only had two daughters and we have both had season tickets since the mid 70s. :scot:

Been to both of them, also the Thorniewood and whats that other social club down the road that runs a bus to the matches, forget the name of it now, and not to forget having a bit of trouble when I walked passed The Stables with my Gers shirt on!!

Happy Days!!

Tannochside Olde Club, Tannochside RSC (tu)

Happy Days!!

Tannochside Olde Club, Tannochside RSC (tu)

Thats the one!! :beer1: