"Rangers are divers" says Israeli coach

Canadaready

Hapoel Tel-Aviv coach Nir Levin has branded Rangers as divers ahead of Thursday's Uefa Cup tie at Ibrox.

Rangers captain Barry Ferguson had earlier claimed that Hapoel players "went down like a sack of tatties" to win fouls in winning 2-1 in Israel.

But Levin said: "We saw Chris Burke's dive in the game last week.

"And, when we are talking about dives, I was at Ibrox when Maccabi Haifa played here and Rangers got two penalties. It was diving for sure."

Burke branded Hapoel a "dirty team" after last week's game, a claim which was rejected by Levin.

"The game was not so physical like everyone tried to say," he said as he prepared for Thursday's second leg.

"Do you know how many Hapoel fouls there were? Only 10 fouls and the first foul was after 30 minutes. The first leg gives us confidence for this game

Hapoel Tel-Aviv coach Nir Levin

"Ten fouls is much less than average in a football game, especially in the Uefa Cup. Rangers made 15 fouls. " Levin also denied reporting Ferguson to Uefa for slapping Tal Chen during last week's game.

Ferguson has been cleared to play at Ibrox, but Levin insisted: "There was no complaint to Uefa concerning what happened with Ferguson and Tal Chen.

"Nobody from Hapoel said anything about the incident."

Meanwhile, Levin says his side will go into the second leg full of confidence.

"I think the chances are close," he said. "I don't know if it's 50-50, 60-40, choose what you want.

"The result in Israel leaves a chance for both teams and everything is open.

"But it was a good game for us. It was a good result for us, even though it could have been better, and it gives us confidence for this game."

Levin pointed out that it would not be the first time his club have reached the Uefa Cup quarter-finals.

"But, for sure, it will be a big achievement, because we have a lot of respect for Glasgow Rangers," he said.

Indeed, he realised that Rangers would be strengthened by the return from injury of striker Dado Prso.

"Dado Prso is a great player," said Levin.

"He is strong, he is tall, he can score and, from his time at Monaco, he has a great record.

"It will be difficult to play against him, but also other Rangers players."

Scotland midfielder Ferguson has shaken off a knock that threatened his participation.

"He is a quality player," said Levin. "I know his character and was sure he was going to play."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ers/6381867.stm

But Levin said: "We saw Chris Burke's dive in the game last week.

Don't know what game he was watcing but Burke was getting the sh*t kicked out of him last week on that pitch.

exactly maybe its a sign that Burkey is spending more time in the gym toughening up as on another day all that hacking would have put him out for a month

Tell you what though, some of my jungle jim pals were saying that Burke had been going down like a Pancy so maybe he gave a bad impression in the way he went down.

I thought he was getting '2 for the price of 1' at times

Predictable stuff - quite a few bites.

He's just fishing, just like he did before the first game.

I like the guy - a transparent windup merchant.

And here's hoping we gub his side tonight :)

Great, that's all we need to hear to finish this team off. Every player should be angered by these comments and use it as extra motivation to knock these Israel f*cks out of the competition!

Tell you what though, some of my jungle jim pals were saying that Burke had been going down like a Pancy so maybe he gave a bad impression in the way he went down.

I thought he was getting '2 for the price of 1' at times

He does. The ridiculous fall for the penalty claim in Isreal was a good example. Something I hope he can cut out of his game. If he had concentrated on actually getting to the ball first in that incident then maybe he would have got fouled. There was a couple of other incidents when he was fouled that he did a dying swan act. Wont help him in the long run IMO.