Who likes cricket

knl1990

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and much more ppl don't

More ppl [sic] don't watch football than watch it.

Does that make it a shite game?

ano ppl tht like every sport apart from cricket

every sport eh? you sure about that? you probably haven't even heard of a lot of sports that exist let alone no someone that likes it.

The point here is that IF there were more people interested in watching another sport at the time of the cricket then sky would show it instead.

As I said before look at the viewing figures for the cricket - it is very popular and at its peak draws more viewers than most football matches sky shows.

So should we cancel the football cos nobody wants to watch it?

No

sky sports show too much of it

they think its the best sport ever

wouldnt be that if england had nuttin to with it

I understand it, but after about 15 minutes of watching it, it is just boring.

Awful game, worst sport except Baseball.

And American Fakeball.

:lol:

Coming from a WWE fan. :pipe:

its sports entertainment Jimbo ;) dont go upsetting the poor wee souls now :pipe:

I understand it, but after about 15 minutes of watching it, it is just boring.

Awful game, worst sport except Baseball.

And American Fakeball.

:lol:

Coming from a WWE fan. :pipe:

its sports entertainment Jimbo ;) dont go upsetting the poor wee souls now :pipe:

The irony.

A wrestlin fan calling a sport fake. :lol:

But they have, do you have a point?

Other than not liking cricket.

a just think it gets too much coverage on sky

Yes we know you think that, no doubt Sky show it just to spite you.

But they have, do you have a point?

Other than not liking cricket.

a just think it gets too much coverage on sky

sky pander to what their viewers want, if their viewers had the same opinion as you then they wouldn't show cricket. Clearly a majority of their paying viewers do not agree with your assessment.

SIMPLES

They show alot of cricket on sky just now cause the English domestic county league is played through the summer and it's currently the ashes, there is also fuck all real football starting till the next week or two. Don't see how they can be covering it too much when there is nothing else on apart from the biggest series in cricket, then it will be 90% football the rest of the year.

Would you prefer sky repeating the same shite transfer rumours 40 times an hour instead?

I'm not sure if I like Cricket.

I understand most of it, except how they come up with draws and things like the duckworth-lewis method. I do though understand the main concepts of the game though. For years, up untill about a few months ago I always said I hated cricket and it was the worst sport in the world, but, now I've taken more interest in it. I've watched quite alot of this years Ashes series and at times I've been so bored, but, other times I've been really engrossed. Twenty20 is fantastic to watch and is exciting all the way through.

Another though is that I can only really watch England play, as I know most of their players and only really take interest in what they do. I have not much interest for other teams, except when Scotland play Twenty20.

What is 'American Fakeball'?

Gridiron.

Ah. American Football.

Why not just call it that?

Because Boab has a vendetta against anything American Football and its pathetic.

Thanks. :D

I love it. Used to work for St Georges Park in Port Elizabeth where I was a change room attendant in my younger days when the Proteas were in town. I have met anybody who is anybody in the world of cricket and nicked all their sweets lol

SA, Aus, NZ, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, West Indies and England...worked with them all. I always chose the away side as most of the SA players are a pain in the arse lol

Guest Andypendek

Thing is, it is the most cerebral physical sport I know of, but combined with nasty, nasty stuff. It's not just throw the ball and try to hit the sticks: the best bowlers place their fielders in spots that will play on the batsman's mind - 'wtf is he putting him there for? He's going to throw it at my baws, in't he? Well, I'm ready!' And then the bowler bounces the ball into his face, roughly akin to someone papping a brick into your must at 90KPM, just to 'let you know he's there.' So the batsman is mentally raped, wondering what is coming next...does he have the mental strength to resist? If you're Ian Bell, no.

Watching the gaybo players in the Newcastle game today collapse at the slightest touch, I was drunkenly lecturing the assembled throng on how even the supposedly namby pamby cricketers would resist the antics you see on the football pitch.

Added to which, it's playable by persons from 15 to 65, assuming a modicum of fitness and an unwillingness to sneak quick singles, and the cherry on top is the frisson of class conflict whenever one's humble Works XI goes to Lords.