***The Official Rangers v Falkirk Thread*** Rangers 4-1 Falkirk

Muff

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result for the boys today (in spite of my losing the RM link and the game feed repeatedly dropping - bloody technology!).

Shame Kenny missed out on 3, but he looked sharp along with Davis and Naisy, and Big Lee's goal was a scorcher! Fine way to start the new campaign!. :21:

Did anyone see the Falkirk striker called Alex McDonald, number 21? To me he actually looks like hes an Sunday league amateur footballer. He's wee, he's fat and everything's about 2 size too big for him :D

Good win today, thought Miller and Davis played well. The entire midfield played well tbh. Stevie Smith looked a wee bit rusty, some of his touches and passes were terrible.

Thought it was a poor game today and we were flattered with 4-1. Whittaker was getting the pish ripped out of him in the first half. McCulloch's goal was an absolute screamer, but he is still a hammerthrower and unsuitable for midfield.

Thought it was a poor game today and we were flattered with 4-1. Whittaker was getting the pish ripped out of him in the first half. McCulloch's goal was an absolute screamer, but he is still a hammerthrower and unsuitable for midfield.

At times I thought that too but If miller, boyd and davis had done better with there 3 relatively straight forward chances, we could have won by 2 maybe 3 more goals

A decent/good side (e.g. Champions League quality/Celtic/Hearts) will rip the utter pish out of Whittaker, the guy can't defend to save his life. No positional sense and doesn't see the danger until the man has a run on him. I found myself wanting Broadfoot back, which is pretty embarrassing. Fleck was misplacing quite a few passes as well and the boy couldn't buy a first touch in the second half. He should have been hooked for Aaron at about 60 mins.

Davis was a standout as was Miller. Bougherra got away with some slackness at the back which he really does need to eradicate from his game as wel go into Europe. He'd be a much better player if he just thumped it into touch sometimes instead of trying to be cute.

Overall though happy with the 4 goals, even though it was flattering and good to be back at the football again.

Great result for the boys today (in spite of my losing the RM link and the game feed repeatedly dropping - bloody technology!).

Shame Kenny missed out on 3, but he looked sharp along with Davis and Naisy, and Big Lee's goal was a scorcher! Fine way to start the new campaign!. :21:

You forgot to mention,big David Weir looked class at the back. (tu)

4-1 win in the opening game of the season; that will do for me.

Steven Whittaker is a big worry for me. I don't rate him at all, he's poor defensively, his positioning is terrible, he's sloppy, slow as death, and has the concentration span of a 3 year old.

4-1 win in the opening game of the season; that will do for me.

Steven Whittaker is a big worry for me. I don't rate him at all, he's poor defensively, his positioning is terrible, he's sloppy, slow as death, and has the concentration span of a 3 year old.

Don't mind him coming forward Muff,but as I have been saying since last season,he's a nightmare when asked to defend.Scary situation. :(

Full backs should be sound defensively before anything else IMO!

Steven Whittaker looks quick when attacking, but when he's tracking back/trying to keep up with a player, he's so slow it's unbelieveable!

Full backs should be sound defensively before anything else IMO!

Steven Whittaker looks quick when attacking, but when he's tracking back/trying to keep up with a player, he's so slow it's unbelieveable!

Race horse going forward,cab horse coming back <cr>

we need new players to retain the league

if no new players are brought in i expect our debts to be dramitically better with season ticket money, champions league and new shirts if not then what is going on with the money at the club ?

And so it begins the doom merchants and detractors start their pish :rolleyes:

How is what we are saying pish?

No-one is complaining about the performance, we are highlighting the weakness in the squad, which are clear for everyone to see. It's just a pity some either chose to ignore it, or just like to have a moan at others!

You forgot to mention,big David Weir looked class at the back. (tu)

Well spoken - Davie was a rock today.