Do you have any ideas on how to make the site better?

Canadaready

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A constant worst-poster poll.

Keep people on their toes.

Every friday the person with the most votes gets B7'd

Im looking at you two Boab and Numan :pipe:

We could have an eviction special each Friday.

Leanne could be Davina.

McBoyd could do the voiceover with his big deep voice:pipe:

Serious question. What is the purpose of the site? Is it a bit of fun or a hobby for the guys in charge, something to do in your spare time? Do you see the site becoming a 'real media' outlet? Clearly no one makes any money from the site, would that be the purpose in the future? Tell me to piss off and mind my own business but it might make a difference to any 'changes' your considering.

Most people probably think of the site as basically the message boards and they are pretty good.

In all seriousness, the only thing I would change, is the way membership is monitored. Allow me to reminisce ;)

Back in the olden days of RM, we had the bears den, it was password protected, and, only bears allowed in, then, we also had the "Old Firm" area, which, as well as tims, fans from other teams could appear, and, we actually identified as to which team they supported. A move back to something along those lines, would probably cut back on the amount of "in fighting" (hard to call it that when we dont know who is who) and arguments, and, name calling.

They are going to get on, so, might as well identify them up front!

BTW its not just a tim thing, I dont like any non bears in the bears den, it has the name for a reason, or it should do!

Debate on what gets posted in the Bears Den - I like its current definition but over the summer we had a lost of new threads concerning issues such as marches, Protestant causes etc. that had very little to do with (if anything) Rangers or Football. There seems to be quite active moderation already on the site wrt where things get posted so the debate is: Do these threads improve RM? and; Should these threads be in the Bears Den?

Technically I dont know if this is possible (or I have missed it) but is there any way of just tracking the changes ina few threads or something where it is easier to monitor a thread in 'real' time when an active discussion is going on (I think that a chat room may be good but prevents others seeing an active debate and contributing.

Should each player have a permanant thread to discuss their performance (or lack of) to save multiple threads being opened - Boyd, Weir, McCollough, Broadfoot, David, Mendez, Fleck etc. It may just save time and room!

Debate on what gets posted in the Bears Den - I like its current definition but over the summer we had a lost of new threads concerning issues such as marches, Protestant causes etc. that had very little to do with (if anything) Rangers or Football. There seems to be quite active moderation already on the site wrt where things get posted so the debate is: Do these threads improve RM? and; Should these threads be in the Bears Den?

Technically I dont know if this is possible (or I have missed it) but is there any way of just tracking the changes ina few threads or something where it is easier to monitor a thread in 'real' time when an active discussion is going on (I think that a chat room may be good but prevents others seeing an active debate and contributing.

Should each player have a permanant thread to discuss their performance (or lack of) to save multiple threads being opened - Boyd, Weir, McCollough, Broadfoot, David, Mendez, Fleck etc. It may just save time and room!

Its only your opinion that Protestant links have nothing to do with Rangers. If you dont like it just stay out the thread and leave others to discuss it.