• Kris Boyd
    • Other(please state)
    • Bob McPhail
    • Marco Negri

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would have to say the best i have seen who had everything was MICHAEL MOLS .he would have been outstanding if it wasnt for that injury..the biggest

heartbreak ive had as a gers fan seeing that guys career ending in such a fashion,although he did play again ,but it was the ultimate "what could have been"scenario...what a player.

We could say the same for Durrant.

what a shout mate durrant was outstanding ,and as i mentioned just before durrant infact idolised bobby russell,,2 legends that seem to be kinda forgotten.moreso russell..absolute class the both of them

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO JIM FORREST OPTION!!!!! KRIS BOYD IS ON THAT LIST AND JIM FORREST ISNT ! WTF IS GOING ON!?????

I used to watch Forest batter in goal after goal week in week out against any opposition who stood in our path, I was 9 when he debuted , he was great, played in 100 games and smashed in 80 goals I think. He should be WAAAYYY ahead of Boyd on that poll!!! He was treated shamefully after Berwick Rangers, I was gutted my favourite Rangers player was chipped for one game ( I was at the game, our whole team was PISH!!!!! ) , an amazing story is Jim Forrests actually, would love to see an article on him. He was ten times the Rangers man and player that the fat, wretched, lazy, heat-shy, 7 goals against Hamilton CHARLATAN Boyd will EVER be.

also he was a better MAN than Boyd will ever be and loved us as much as we loved him, a nice guy and such a good striker.

once again, shame he has been almost forgotten..........

lol i didnt remember every striker. lol

Why not be honest and say top striker in the last 20 years or so?

If not it's ridiculous that Colin Stein isn't there.

Or Jimmy Millar, Ralph Brand, Jimmy Smith, Alex Venters, RC Hamilton......

And even with that limited list, it's an insult to the others to include Boyd.

ffs, thats what the 'other' is for. boyd scores goals, is that not what he is there for? :rolleyes:

Super Ally hands down but i at least think Ralph Brand should have got a mention , any player who can score 5 goals on the European stage (against Borrusia Mönchengladbach) and 44 goals in a season is worthy of a mention !!!

McCoist gets slated for being as lazy as Boyd but people forget that Ally's movement was excellent and his pace(although not electric) was an asset...

I remember standing in the E Enclosure singing Ally Ally get tae fuck cos he couldnae score in a barrell a fannies but along came the Skol cup Final of March 1984 and his hat trick changed everything.

So for me McCoist was the best,not just for his goals but he had a great work ethic and positional sense...something Boyd should take note of.

I was in the Copland singing that too !!(Although it was his hatrick in the Glasgow Cup Final 86 that sprung his traps!)

He deserved that song that day though, he was honking and looked like he didn't give a fuck!!

Still out greatest ever striker though!! There's hope Boyd ! No Surrender pal !

marco by far!

30goals in 32 gams for fucksake

he banged in 5 agasint DU

and scored 23 in his 1st ten games.

he was fucking class

Err - 32 games in a 3 1/2 year period isn't class, it's a disgrace.

McCoist is so far ahead on this, it's not worth debating.

If we're talking just goals then I'd have to say Ally. Derek Johnstone was a better all round player though. Am I mistaken in thinking he played every position besides keeper for us?

marco by far!

30goals in 32 gams for fucksake

he banged in 5 agasint DU

and scored 23 in his 1st ten games.

he was fucking class

Err - 32 games in a 3 1/2 year period isn't class, it's a disgrace.

McCoist is so far ahead on this, it's not worth debating.

It is worth debating just look at some of the old strikers.

Colin Stein - outstanding, probably the best ever start to a Rangers career

Negri was a real predator

Jimmy Millar, Jim Forrest, Ralph Brand from my childhood were all pretty good

Mols was very good, as was Hateley & McCoist, especially as a pair.

If you take on pure goals scored, McCoist gets it.

So I guess it must be Peter Van Vossen!

Super Ally without a shaddow of a doubt. the guy was immense, and still is!!

My Dad's favourite centre forward as a boy, was Jimmy Millar - more along the Hateley mould where he'd stick the head on anything moving to get that ball in the net. Not many of them around these days, big Dado was probably our last one.

Surely Stein should be in there?

I voted Super Ally, can't look by him.

BTW, who seriously voted for Boyd?

FlippinEck I guess :pipe:

I havent voted yet actually :shifty:

But given his goal haul in the current state of affairs and team he is playing in, he is quickly becoming the best striker this club has ever had if he isnt already

But given his goal haul in the current state of affairs and team he is playing in, he is quickly becoming the best striker this club has ever had if he isnt already

:pipe:

:pipe:

:craphead:

pap :pipe:

as i imagined ally won by a long way. lol. sorry for the amount of strikers of yesteryear i missed out to anyone who seemed to be offended. lol. alot of good strikers i didnt think about, only being a young lad. and all that lol but was interesting to see some of the responses with strikers i never got the priviledge to watch play for us. :praise:

Maurice Johnston the day he poked it into the Copeland Road end just beyond the reach of Paddy Bonner, was worth a hundred of any other goals.

Plus I used to get tickets of the wee man's bouncer for any away game I wanted so slightly biased!!!!!!!