Why would any Rangers fan, want to attend a Celtic match?

Yeah i live in london and a friend of mine, who is a bluenose, has a box through his work so i go now and again.......(if rangers commitments don't get in the way)

Nice one, I will give you a shout when Arsenal make it to the champions league quarters or semis :P

It really isn't a big deal attending a friendly match in Toronto between Celtic and Benfica, sitting in the neutral zone with your Rangers top on. It's a big deal if you want to make it a big deal.

Exactly and for every one who says it's wrong!! well lets say we have more balls cause there will be a few thousands dirty scum fenians and only m,aybe a hundred of us bears if that! we know it could kick off & end up bad but we don't care we love the Rangers & as soon as me & my pals seen there coming first thing we thought was were going to harras these fenians!!!! get it rite up them!!!

& I will not be in the celtic in are you mental!

all be in with Benfica fans!! giving it large to the TIMS!!

so for all you who say were stupid! how?? cause were watching the Tims get pumped! of a Benfica! then we can throw abuse at them!!

club needs more fans like us.

now if I was going to actually watch celtic sit in there end have a pint with a tim! then by all means it's wrong but I am not!!

Yeah i live in london and a friend of mine, who is a bluenose, has a box through his work so i go now and again.......(if rangers commitments don't get in the way)

Off topic but why do you end EVERY sentance with... ( as in et cetera ) ? :lol::craphead:

Yeah i know I'm not alone in thinking this, reading the thread about Benfica vs Celtic has got me wondering what has happened to our support. Has it got to the stage some fans feel the need to cross the divide and attend some Celtic matches.

I can't think of one valid reason why any Rangers fan would want to go a Celtic match, regardless of what end you're in or given hospitality. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but whats everybody opinion on this?

Read no further posts; you're spot on! Why would they?

I would understand if the guy was sitting amongst the Celtic supporters, but he's not. There is people who sit on this forum and talk in threads dedicated to Celtic, and Celtic games so I don't really see the difference. I would prefer to sit in the Benfica end, sing a few songs, take a few harmless digs at Celtic supporters as opposed to sitting talking on a "Benfica vs. Cetlic official game thread"

It's a friendly in Toronto, give it a rest.

When I was in Azerbaijan, I went to watch Azerbaijan v Wales, I don't support either team but it was a bit of fun. A few months ago I went to see AC Milan v Hamburg in Dubai... no preference there either but nice to see a live quality football match. I remember a number of years ago I went to Parkhead to watch a Scotland v Latvia game even though it was in the scum's ground.

I have on two occassions sat in the opposition end for Rangers Cup ties (Hearts and Aberdeen) I once went to see a Wolves game in Wolverhampton and I once went and watched Falkirk play St Johnstone when they were both first division teams

As a perennial expat who predominately lives in countries where there is not a great deal of live football to be seen I see nothing wrong with going along with a few mates to any match. The only real line I would draw is that I could never sit in amongst the Celtic fans, (the closest I came to that was watching the old firm game in a Celtic supporters club, we won, I couldn't hide my excitment, it got nasty)

I think if I was in Toronto and Celtic were playing Benfica, i would probably go along if there was a decent cowd going and cheer on Benfica, whats the problem?

My wee mate fae L'Pool got tickets about 10 yrs ago for the opening of the Camp knew( Jock Stein stand) & asked as he was up staying here when the game was on if me & another m8 would go with him.We went out for a few beers & enjoyed Liverpool beating them.

Went into the old Celtic end once as we couldnt get in The Gers end and me & a few mates watched a Rangers game & jumped up & down when we equalized-no colours tho.

There was a few empty spaces & a few tims said we were either very brave or stupid-a bit of both I think & a rake of drink in us.

watp

When I was in Azerbaijan, I went to watch Azerbaijan v Wales, I don't support either team but it was a bit of fun. A few months ago I went to see AC Milan v Hamburg in Dubai... no preference there either but nice to see a live quality football match. I remember a number of years ago I went to Parkhead to watch a Scotland v Latvia game even though it was in the scum's ground.

I have on two occassions sat in the opposition end for Rangers Cup ties (Hearts and Aberdeen) I once went to see a Wolves game in Wolverhampton and I once went and watched Falkirk play St Johnstone when they were both first division teams

As a perennial expat who predominately lives in countries where there is not a great deal of live football to be seen I see nothing wrong with going along with a few mates to any match. The only real line I would draw is that I could never sit in amongst the Celtic fans, (the closest I came to that was watching the old firm game in a Celtic supporters club, we won, I couldn't hide my excitment, it got nasty)

I think if I was in Toronto and Celtic were playing Benfica, i would probably go along if there was a decent cowd going and cheer on Benfica, whats the problem?

fair points,but would you wear Rangers gear just to annoy some t****** scumbag

I feel like I am receiving a hospital pass by posting in this but...

I have actually done this three times.

First, was about 1988 and Old Firm game at Ibrox was sell out - one of my best pals was CFC fan and had two tickets for CFC end - we were shortly going travelling together - didn't want to miss game so went - it finished 1-1 but I really did not enjoy it - would not recommend it at all.

Second, about 1990, had returned from travelling, and some kiwis who had put us up in New Zealand came to Glasgow for a weekend - they had taken us to the cricket NZ vs Pakistan and done a million other things for us - Gers were away CFC home - same mate as first time got tickets for us to take the kiwis to CFC vs Hearts - finished 1-1 - didn't really enjoy it at all - but it was just a boring and uncomfortable part of an otherwise good day/weekend - I felt after NZ I had to go... a duty not a pleasure.

Third, few years ago, CFC vs Dundee United cup final, a mate in village had 2 tickets for United end, then got other tickets for main stand so offered me the original 2 tickets, I took 4/5 year old son along to cheer United for the day... being in the United end was fine - it was ok.

So, in summary, I personally would not recommend going and sitting in their end tho I have done it twice - too uncomfortable/unnatural - but I don't see the problem with going along to their opponent's end and cheering the opposition etc.

Also, as well as being a Rangers fan I am a football fan so have been to games like Hearts vs Barca, Barca vs Liverpool, Seville vs Espanyol, Arsenal vs Athletico Madrid, also St Mirren games, Morton games etc at some time or another.

And if I were in London I would happily go along to Arsenal/CFC to cheer on the gunners.

Anyway, I have never wanted to attend a CFC match - but - I have done it 3 times nevertheless thru circumanstance - and so long as you aren't in their end it is ok.