Smith stunner puts Ally closer to hot seat McCOIST COULD BE SET TO BOSS GERS

fleck21

this shows what a good man walter smith is. the only bad thing about this thread is that it will bring out the anti walter smith fans. they need to get a grip. walter smith is a rangers legend and a fantastic manager and man.

Yes he is but if we fail to win the league then he should walk.

explain why it is walters fault our chairman has not given him the resourses to work with?

Was he not given money after he got us knocked out of Europe by a pub team.

and do you not agree that he spent the money well and won us the league and took us to 2 cup finals? Lafferty, Bougherra, Mendes, Davis and Edu were brought in and each did their bit towards that. And the only reason we got beat by a 'pub team' is because yet again our chairman did not give walter resourses until Cuellar was sold after that game.

We should have been able to beat the pub team with our reserves.

Most of us have got over Kaunas and moved on including all the players and management. Get over it. They made up for it by winning the domestic double. Are you implying that every year we don't win the league we should fire thae manager ? Also think McCoist is well ready and will succeed as a manager.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this shows what a good man walter smith is. the only bad thing about this thread is that it will bring out the anti walter smith fans. they need to get a grip. walter smith is a rangers legend and a fantastic manager and man.

explain why it is walters fault our chairman has not given him the resourses to work with?

and do you not agree that he spent the money well and won us the league and took us to 2 cup finals? Lafferty, Bougherra, Mendes, Davis and Edu were brought in and each did their bit towards that. And the only reason we got beat by a 'pub team' is because yet again our chairman did not give walter resourses until Cuellar was sold after that game.

lol true (tu) and minstral i aint argueing with you. lol i agree with alot of what you say on here. lol

I am not arguing all i was saying was if we dont win the league then Walter should walk away, and yes you are correct Murray should give Walter the money to bring in players. (tu)

that is a lie walter spent around 6.75 million beofre kaunas lafferty 3.75 million miller 2 velicka 1 that is 6.75 million

lafferty was signed between 1st and 2nd leg and came on with a minute to go because he was not ready. if bougie mendes davis and edu were also involved we would have won

sorry he was actually on bench first leg. doh, my bad!! :craphead:

Most of us have got over Kaunas and moved on including all the players and management. Get over it. They made up for it by winning the domestic double. Are you implying that every year we don't win the league we should fire thae manager ? Also think McCoist is well ready and will succeed as a manager.

No but if we dont win it this year then Walter will have taken us as far as he can. :)

lol true (tu) and minstral i aint argueing with you. lol i agree with alot of what you say on here. lol

I am not arguing all i was saying was if we dont win the league then Walter should walk away, and yes you are correct Murray should give Walter the money to bring in players. (tu)

he did that last time though, he walked when we lost 10 in a row. so he prob will. anyway this is silly, of course we are going to win the league! (tu) lol

he did that last time though, he walked when we lost 10 in a row. so he prob will. anyway this is silly, of course we are going to win the league! (tu) lol

I think we will win it if we can stay clear of injurys. (tu)

I think we will win it if we can stay clear of injurys. (tu)

definately. but i dunno if weir is capable of 50 odd games. who knows thoguh. lol

Why?

Edit cos i didn't read full thread before asking question.

Excellent post islesbear (tu)

Any idiot can notice if a car isnt working or if there is something wrong with it but it takes a mechanic to fix it!

If we dont win the league then Smith should go, aye great, then who comes in to replace him?

They will still have the same squad of players Smith has as we wont be able to give them any funds to bring new players in, Smith at least has a plan in his head and has positions and ideas for each of the players at the club. Regardless if some of the keyboard crusaders on here agree with them or not.

Why get rid of him to bring someone else in who will just have the exact same problems Smith has but he wont know the players half as well and will no doubt have to spend half a season getting to know them or trying to get his ideas across.

Its all very easy to sit and say get rid but when there is no other ideas of who to get in or with any idea of where Rangers as a club are heading in the near future its stupid.

2 Cups and a sustained title challenge in his 1st full season back in charge as well as a Uefa Cup final, then another cup and actually winning the league the next season and people are still moaning.

Does my head in!!

Any idiot can notice if a car isnt working or if there is something wrong with it but it takes a mechanic to fix it!

If we dont win the league then Smith should go, aye great, then who comes in to replace him?

They will still have the same squad of players Smith has as we wont be able to give them any funds to bring new players in, Smith at least has a plan in his head and has positions and ideas for each of the players at the club. Regardless if some of the keyboard crusaders on here agree with them or not.

Why get rid of him to bring someone else in who will just have the exact same problems Smith has but he wont know the players half as well and will no doubt have to spend half a season getting to know them or trying to get his ideas across.

Its all very easy to sit and say get rid but when there is no other ideas of who to get in or with any idea of where Rangers as a club are heading in the near future its stupid.

2 Cups and a sustained title challenge in his 1st full season back in charge as well as a Uefa Cup final, then another cup and actually winning the league the next season and people are still moaning.

Does my head in!!

You forgot to mention that we had the league won and managed to throw it away, but each to their own opinion, plus the same fans were want to hang him last season after Easter Road when they thought he had flung the league away once again. :)

IMO we must stick with walter for as long as we possible can.

He has proven time and time again that he knows exactly what he is doing.

Yeah people can point to kaunas,but what about the great european run we went on.

Look how far our club was in the doldrums under le guen and how far we have came since then.

That is all down to walter.

Without a contract means squat in this context. Wattie will still get paid. Don't read too much into this -- considering the source?

So the OP jumps on a headline in an inconsequential tabloid -- and most of you lap it up? Cmon Bears.. we're more intelligent? Just yesterday, some guy posted that Wattie had a 3 1/2 year contract and it was iron clad.

So..... Who's telling porky's?

This.

It'll just be a rolling month to month contract until a new one is agreed or he is released.

walter is a gentleman who always carries himself with great dignity. A true rangers man. Remember how much moaning o'neill did after suvill? fixture list fucked them, that's why they won fuck all that year. We had a much more punishing run in 2 seasons ago, and although we lost the league, we won 2 cups . Walter just told the players to get on with it. That should always be the rangers way. Let the bheggars moan .

we should be very careful what we wish for.

Ally will be ready after this season's CL experiences

Excellent post islesbear (tu)

thanks fellow islander!lol (tu)

And some people still doubt the seriousness of the financial situation at the club.

He won't be unpaid for 6 months though DBBTB, he just won't have a formal contract.

That article suggests that Smith will be at the club in some capacity next season, so surely we have to be asking why he won't have have a formal contract?

I can't be the only one who looks at the possiblity of the most important man at the club working without a formal contract and be a touch worried?

And some people still doubt the seriousness of the financial situation at the club.

He won't be unpaid for 6 months though DBBTB, he just won't have a formal contract.

That article suggests that Smith will be at the club in some capacity next season, so surely we have to be asking why won't have have a formal contract?

I can't be the only one who looks at the possiblity of the most important man at the club working without a formal contract and be a touch worried?

Is that not David Murray? :)