• Neil Alexander
    • Steven Smith
    • Kyle Lafferty
    • John Fleck

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven Davis; an all round quality football player!

The best midfielder in Scotland by a country mile IMO. He can play in a number of positions, a good passer of the ball, knows his position on the park, works hard, links up well, can defend and attack, chips in with assists and goals, has a bit of pace about him, skillful, exciting to watch, can grab a game by the balls, excellent vision and touch....

He's also a Rangers man, and that makes it even better.

Long may he continue to perform, and stay at Rangers (tu)

3 assists already this season, he just needs to score more often!

This is the same Steven Davis you slagged off for the majority of last season as anonymous, fringe player, and lacking in influence?

People come round to my way of thinking eventually ;)

The best midfielder in Scotland by a country mile IMO. He can play in a number of positions, a good passer of the ball, knows his position on the park, works hard, links up well, can defend and attack, chips in with assists and goals, has a bit of pace about him, skillful, exciting to watch, can grab a game by the balls, excellent vision and touch....

This is the same Steven Davis you slagged off for the majority of last season as anonymous, fringe player, and lacking in influence?

Your talking pish Danny. When did I ever say he was a "fringe player" and lacking in "influence" <cr>

Now what I did say, was that he was far too inconsistant, and, hide for too long in games. I posted a thread on both him, and Mendes stating this.

Since the day we signed him on loan from Fulham, I have always rated him, even to an extent where I got slated for bigging him up too much - especially when he first signed!

Like I have said on numerous occassions on here and outside the internet world, you don't get Liverpool, Arsenal and especially Manchester United looking at you for no reason, and you don't win PPOTY, POTY and YPOTY in a season for no reason ;)

:)

Your talking pish Danny. When did I ever say he was a "fringe player" and lacking in "influence" <cr>

Now what I did say, was that he was far too inconsistant, and, hide for too long in games. I posted a thread on both him, and Mendes stating this.

Since the day we signed him on loan from Fulham, I have always rated him, even to an extent where I got slated for bigging him up too much - especially when he first signed!

Like I have said on numerous occassions on here and outside the internet world, you don't get Liverpool, Arsenal and especially Manchester United looking at you for no reason, and you don't win PPOTY, POTY and YPOTY in a season for no reason ;)

Inconsistent and hiding = being on the fringes and lacking influence.

If you can't see how your criticism of him could have been interpreted that way, then this conversation is pointless :)

Inconsistent and hiding = being on the fringes and lacking influence.

If you can't see how your criticism of him could have been interpreted that way, then this conversation is pointless :)

That is true though, thankfully not so far this season, but, he always starts well.

To be fair, Muff did both :pipe:

I couldnt vote, my favourite in the squad at the moment, is Greg Wylde. I see good things in the lads future, and, the best part is, he will probably replace Papac, so, I win twice! haha. Unless he shadows Rothen and becomes a left midfielder, either will do (tu)

im tempted to say davis but boyd is my honest answer, has improved so much in his all round game the last few seasons and when you look back at how important some of his goals are then I begin to see what a huge asset he is to the club

im tempted to say davis but boyd is my honest answer, has improved so much in his all round game the last few seasons and when you look back at how important some of his goals are then I begin to see what a huge asset he is to the club

(tu) Good man Jardy, you're getting a pint off me next time i see you..

:craphead::lol:

i'll go for Davie Weir. An absolute gent.

Came in when we were screaming out for a centre half that can 'heid a baw' as Svensson was drowning. Hutton said having Davie in defence gave him the confidence to concentrate on his game and allow him to dart forward as Davir read the game so well. Cuellar said he was constantly talking him through games making it an easy to understand partnership (or something along those lines) and the Boogie man more or less said the same thing on RTV.

A great player to have in your team.

A close second for me is Steven Davis, cracking midfielder and I hope he's around for the full length of his contract plus more.

Davis.

Simply an excellent footballer with a great work rate and attitude. His passing and creativity is miles beyond anyone is Scotland, bar maybe Mendes.

The fact he's a Rangers man puts the icing on the cake.