1978-79

minstral

I remember the Juve game.

Was in the centenary stand as the Rangers end was knocked down and the atmosphere was immense and Juve were an outstanding outfit then.

I got autographs on my programme from Dino Zoff and Roberto Bettegga in the tunnel before the game. Couldn't believe it! :D

The same night the Tims got humped by Burnley away in the anglo-Scottish cup, and then turned the town upside down, happy days.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the oldest player "since these days to ever play 1st team"..dont look it uo,i think its david weir,but Minstral will know better probebly,but dont look it up..in the back of my mind its a goalie.

Mr Girvan McLighthouse.

Feck aff teuchter.

You're just jealous. Anyway, have you pulled up that guy who was talking about "Dunfries"....? If not, why not? This is the Pedants Union and you are letting the side down old chap.

Was just reading that in our first three games in the league that season we never scored a goal. You could not imagine us going three games without scoring.

:ohmy: i think we would all kill ourselves!

I don't recall a single suicide related to it at the time. I was only 10 though, maybe the surviving bears decided it was better i wasn't told.

Was just reading that in our first three games in the league that season we never scored a goal. You could not imagine us going three games without scoring.

We only lost 1 home game as well that season and that was one of the three games you mention agin st mirren. Away form abysmal, only 6 wins out of 18 and only 3 points in it at the end of the season, another title we really should have won. :sherlock:

Blue we should still have won the title as in the Celtic game we went i goal up and even when the scum went down o 10 men they still beat us. Can you mind Colin jackson scored a own goal, and that scumbag Murdo MacLeod scored in the last minute.

Was at the game, and my memory coudl be slighly off but I thought it was a Monday night, and was the last game of the season as if was a game postponed from March. It was at the San giro and we needed the draw to win the league. We went 1 nil up and the scum went to 10 men. It was 1-0 at HT. They then scored 2 goals in the space of 2 o 3 minutes half way through the second half. Even then we came back to get to 2-2 so the league being ours. They then scored with about 10 to go and then got a 4th in injury time as we had gone all out for the equaliser we needed.

We only lost 1 home game as well that season and that was one of the three games you mention agin st mirren. Away form abysmal, only 6 wins out of 18 and only 3 points in it at the end of the season, another title we really should have won. :sherlock:

Blue we should still have won the title as in the Celtic game we went i goal up and even when the scum went down o 10 men they still beat us. Can you mind Colin jackson scored a own goal, and that scumbag Murdo MacLeod scored in the last minute.

Was at the game, and my memory coudl be slighly off but I thought it was a Monday night, and was the last game of the season as if was a game postponed from March. It was at the San giro and we needed the draw to win the league. We went 1 nil up and the scum went to 10 men. It was 1-0 at HT. They then scored 2 goals in the space of 2 o 3 minutes half way through the second half. Even then we came back to get to 2-2 so the league being ours. They then scored with about 10 to go and then got a 4th in injury time as we had gone all out for the equaliser we needed.

Wasnt it a Friday night??

I had a feeling I had a real shit weekend after it.

I might be wrong but i thought it was Thurs night as i was listening to it on the radio in my Dads car as we picked my mammy up from her weekly night oot wi ma granny which i'm sure was a Thurs.

Was it that bastard Johnny(boom)Doyle who got sent off?.

I remember Jacksons own goal....

Feck aff teuchter.

You're just jealous. Anyway, have you pulled up that guy who was talking about "Dunfries"....? If not, why not? This is the Pedants Union and you are letting the side down old chap.

Dunfries is a lovely wee town.

The porkheid game was on a Monday night I think, the following Wednesday was the Thistle game with the really small attendance (not as small as reported though).

Feck aff teuchter.

The porkheid game was on a Monday night I think, the following Wednesday was the Thistle game with the really small attendance (not as small as reported though).

Went on my honeymoon to Dunfries, cunt of a place ! :sherlock:

Feck aff teuchter.

Went on my honeymoon to Dunfries, cunt of a place ! :sherlock:

Went to the LC match in 84 was it and had a fantastic day out :pipe:

Was A Monday mate and then played Partick Thistle on the Wednesday.

This is correct Minst, played the tims on monday May 21st and beat plastic whistle 1-0 on the Wednesday.

Breakdown of that last Month of May

Wed 2nd beat m'well 2-1 away

Saturday 5th beat celtic 1-0, game played at Hampden.

Monday 7th beat aberdeen 2-0 at home.

Monday 21st lost to celtic 4-2 away.

Wed 23rd beat thistle at home 1-0.

Thurs 31st lost to hibs away 2-1.

:sherlock:

This is correct Minst, played the tims on monday May 21st and beat plastic whistle 1-0 on the Wednesday.

Monday 2nd beat m'well 2-1 away

Was only 8 at the time so was not allowed to go to the game. I remember my dad coming home from that shithole that night, he just sat in his chair. I was scared stiff cos i thought he was going to blow up, but all he said was" you know whit robert, things aren't going to be the same again for a long long time for the gers. if greig was playing we would be champions." how right he was, and that was the last thing he said to anybody for about 3 weeks. Real bear ma da!

You know BLUE I was at every one of them.

Also managed to take in 4 Scotland games - away at Cardiff and Wembley; home to Norn Irn and Argentina (not sure if they were all in May though).

Also managed to take in 4 Scotland games - away at Cardiff and Wembley; home to Norn Irn and Argentina (not sure if they were all in May though).

Feckin Johnny Come Lately............

That was some goin Mate, they were halcyon daze when we followed the Scotland team too. I miss the feelgood about them days, and know the good thing we are still here ! :sherlock:

Great stuff Manti going to all those games, your love for our club sticks out a mile. (tu)

In the 1898-99 season we won every single game in the league. :)

Sorry folks been doing a bit of history swatting. :D

I have to confess I missed a few of them but minstral and BD were at them all.

I missed one as i had a bad cold. :P

Wed 2nd beat m'well 2-1 away

Manti the home internationals wouldv'e been played between the 7th and the 21st which makes it even more of a feat ! But the Argie one I can't remember when ! :sherlock:

Manti the home internationals wouldv'e been played between the 7th and the 21st which makes it even more of a feat ! But the Argie one I can't remember when ! :sherlock:

The Argie one was special, 17 year old Maradona waltzing through the Scotland defence to score a stunner.

I was just thinking, that was the year there were three Cup Finals as well, fuck me I took in some amount of footie then.....