Non singing fans to non sectarian songs?

whyrusogood

Iv noticed a growing trend of dour faced fans not singing to any song sang....i thought years ago it was down to the amount of sectarian songs but with more and more songs at ibrox not whats the fucking problem ...i sometimes think these fans look as if they dont support the team even seeing people not standing up when they score...im in total support of the blue order at least trying to drum some support however sitting next to them the full game may do ur nut sometimes as its non stop...lol...

I like the Blue Order as well as the other fans groups, fair dues some of their songs are pish and the band is annoying but they liven the atmosphere. Why is it that some people only sing vs the scum and in european games?

The team has a degree of responsibilty in generating an atmoshere. Exciting play animates a crowd. And, this point, you cant tell people to sing shout cheer , if they dont want to.Where is it written in stone that a supporter must supply an atmosphere.

It didn't used to need to be written

I'm afraid your attitude sums up the problem. You expect to turn up and be entertained and, maybe, then you would supply an atmosphere. The meaning of supporting sure has changed over the years....

The team has a degree of responsibilty in generating an atmoshere. Exciting play animates a crowd. And, this point, you cant tell people to sing shout cheer , if they dont want to.Where is it written in stone that a supporter must supply an atmosphere.

I'm afraid your attitude sums up the problem. You expect to turn up and be entertained and, maybe, then you would supply an atmosphere. The meaning of supporting sure has changed over the years....

What he said.

What happened to "cheering on the boys in blue".

how come they only show up for an old firm game, sheep game and a european game? our away lads are fucking brilliant thats what atmosphere is all about. (thats what i miss most about ibrox)

im not forcing anyone 2 sing however if ur a fan then its second nature(i look round and some people look depressed)??...im all one for creating one stand 2 sing shout jump dance go mental without having someone telling u 2 shut up or sit down however i can see the point for sitting down since the install of seats but a section of madness would b great like the blue order but the whole section...!! fuck it rip the seats ooot..!!

I think a part is the problem where a lot of fans dont know what is ok to sing. A lot of this is down to a lot of supporters knowing what is sectarian and what is not. Ive always thought that the old songs with alternative lyrics would be great. Maybe a mass hymn sheet type thing be given out or something of song lyrics etc.. I know its a bit wank but i think as we are under a time of change something like that may help. The subway loyal are also a major part of the problem. We should write a song about them and belt it out come 73 minutes when they all start to toddle off home or whatever they they are doing

There are a lot of factors in generating an atmosphere. The players have a responsibilty to provide some good entertainment on the park. Equally if go a goal behind or if wer strugglin its the fans who have to rise to the occasion and bring the team through.

In previous years the fact that there was alcohol available, it was terracing and because of this you could stand with your mates creates a better atmosphere.

I applaud the Blue Order for their efforts and it's something that I would like to see a lot more of but with games like hamilton and Falkirk you will always struggle to create a fantastic atmosphere.

here here...i think we think of yesteryear and wish it 2 be like that never going 2 happen again...unless they take the seats out and serve booze if only ko...! its just annoying when you see someone say or do nothing throughout the match i personally think there fecking robots wired by there wifes!

Bullshit.

You support the team, so they perform better (and everyone who says a good atmosphere has no effect on the team doesn't know what they're talking about).

Attitude like that is the problem with British football, people go to football to be entertained instead of supporting the team/club.

i know i will get slaughtered by some but i go to ibrox and away games to watch rangers

if i wanted to go and sing i would audition for the X factor

Same here. I know the atmosphere is shit at most games but regardless of how dire the atmosphere or the football is I go to watch Rangers. That band trying to create something does my fucking tits right in...

It sure has, for what seems like an awful lot of people :(

i know i will get slaughtered by some but i go to ibrox and away games to watch rangers

Do you buy a ticket for the atmosphere?

:anguish:

dont know why your doing that as far as im aware i live in great britain not cuba

i dont want to sing at football games though sometimes i will but not very often and this includes all away games

ive yet to be dug up by anyone who attends these games asking me why i dont sing nor will i as i think its a bloody stupid question to start with

ive no problem with anyone singing but thats up to the individuals

dont know why your doing that as far as im aware i live in great Britain not cuba

i dont want to sing at football games though sometimes i will but not very often and this includes all away games

ive yet to be dug up by anyone who attends these games asking me why i dont sing nor will i as i think its a bloody stupid question to start with

right so why do managers come out n say get behind the team n make some noise??? if everyone done what u done n watch wouldnt the team b wondering were the support was ie singing....!!! x factor?? why say that u dont need 2 b a good singer...!! games in the past with great support creates atmosphere and the team an extra 1% effort this can b the difference in a goal etc...so shut up oh forgot thats what u do...!!

dont know why your doing that as far as im aware i live in great britain not cuba

right so why do managers come out n say get behind the team n make some noise??? if everyone done what u done n watch wouldnt the team b wondering were the support was ie singing....!!! x factor?? why say that u dont need 2 b a good singer...!! games in the past with great support creates atmosphere and the team an extra 1% effort this can b the difference in a goal etc...so shut up oh forgot thats what u do...!!

i get behind the team every game

everyone dosent do what i do so dont talk pish

thanks for your input but ask the folk that know me i dont do shut up very well

I remember coming back from games hoarse because of all the singing we used to do at games!

That was in the Souness era mind, so you really could sing what you wanted. However, it wasn't just songs like TBB & TS etc.....there was actual banter between stands! Remember the East Enclosure crowd taunting the Copland crowd by saying "You can shove your season ticket up your arse!" etc etc.

Good times!