Lamb to the slaughter

D'Artagnan

If I don't like the thread then don't read it?

Are you being serious?

Lets be honest Ricardo....you are a D'Artagnan groupie.

You could not have a rant without me.

:lol: that's why i spend so much time on the old firm board! :lol:

PS your fan club membership is overdue

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough.

So, Stephen Pearson didn't cup his hand and shout IRA...? And the 2 players, acted very well - standing there instead of walking off stage disgusted - most restrained of them!

:D

If that happened it was not on the video I saw and of all the bears I have spoken toabout that incident SINCE then, NONE of them has mentioned it. Strange, but villifying nonetheless - if it happened.

That's funny, every bear I speak to mentions the incident every time the DF issues comes up.

Same when Neil Lennon called as all DOBs at Ibrox in Nov 2004. But I suppose you never saw that version either? :D

PS: Still waiting on your evidence on your strange claim I have never posted any points on here - offensive or otherwise. :D :D

What has the statement of A Roman Catholic Bishop got to do with Donald Findlay and Rangers?

The Billy Boys didn't just become sectarian and offensive when UEFA said it was. It has always been a sectarian song. The dictionary definition of Fenian includes:

3. (Derogatory, offensive) an Irish Catholic or a person of Irish Catholic descent Collins dictionary

Donald Findlay knew this as well as the next man. He also knew sectarian songs were unacceptable at Ibrox - only few weeks before the incident he had an article in the Rangers News condemning fans for altering the words to simply the best and explaining this was why the club had to drop it.

He should have resigned because of hypocrisy , let alone sing sectarian songs.

Fenian

1. a member of an Irish revolutionary organization founded in New York in 1858, which worked for the establishment of an independent Irish republic.

2. (in late Irish legends) a member of a group of warriors always ready to defend Ireland against its enemies.

Not the dictiionary I looked up Lefty.

Did you bother to click the link or were you afraid you would find something that contradicted your argument? To make it easy for you I'll post the link again.

Collins dictionary

Tough.

So, Stephen Pearson didn't cup his hand and shout IRA...? And the 2 players, acted very well - standing there instead of walking off stage disgusted - most restrained of them!

If that happened it was not on the video I saw and of all the bears I have spoken toabout that incident SINCE then, NONE of them has mentioned it. Strange, but villifying nonetheless - if it happened.

Does it really matter who did what ?

Lets re-evaluate here.

At an official Celtic Football club function some people sang songs glorifying a terrorist organisation who killed Protestants.

And no-one told them to stop. No-one protested. No-one said "this is not right"

What has the statement of A Roman Catholic Bishop got to do with Donald Findlay and Rangers?

The Billy Boys didn't just become sectarian and offensive when UEFA said it was. It has always been a sectarian song. The dictionary definition of Fenian includes:

3. (Derogatory, offensive) an Irish Catholic or a person of Irish Catholic descent Collins dictionary

Donald Findlay knew this as well as the next man. He also knew sectarian songs were unacceptable at Ibrox - only few weeks before the incident he had an article in the Rangers News condemning fans for altering the words to simply the best and explaining this was why the club had to drop it.

Fenian

1. a member of an Irish revolutionary organization founded in New York in 1858, which worked for the establishment of an independent Irish republic.

2. (in late Irish legends) a member of a group of warriors always ready to defend Ireland against its enemies.

Dont go there Dart. Those of us in the know, recognise that Fenian WAS a term that Catholic Irish warriors of age-old times admired and respected because of the Finn M'a Cool connections, but if you are going to try and use that to protect the thick rangers fans that still sing these songs and yet cant even spell fenian, then you are on a hiding to nothing. you seem like a smart enough guy. why ruin it and show yourself up to be as stupid as them - some points are not worth guarding.

Tough.

Lets re-evaluate here.

At an official Celtic Football club function some people sang songs glorifying a terrorist organisation who killed Protestants.

Remind me - what were the songs....

Fenian

Did you bother to click the link or were you afraid you would find something that contradicted your argument? To make it easy for you I'll post the link again.

Collins dictionary

No fears here lefty..as I have already stated Im quite sure DF referred to fenians in the original literal sense.

Or were you too afraid to reflect on what I had already posted ?

Should I make it easy for you and direct you to my original post ?

Tough.

Lets re-evaluate here.

Remind me - what were the songs....

Now this is complicated so bare with me...

It starts with an "I"...

I will leave that rest to your memory...hopefully that will relieve you of your temporary amnesia.

IIRC, it was the Fields of Athenry - not an offensive song per se, but one which becomes that way when imbibed with chants of IRA by players and officials at a club function.

But they were the models of restraint by only cupping their hands at the IRA bit and contionuing to sing along whilst one of the players and plenty of the other attendees did.

Here's the video btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPvUF7nxKVw

Pearson defo didn;t do anythign wrong... :D

IIRC, it was the Fields of Athenry - not an offensive song per se, but one which becomes that way when imbibed with chants of IRA by players and officials at a club function.

But they were the models of restraint by only cupping their hands at the IRA bit and contionuing to sing along whilst one of the players and plenty of the other attendees did.

Here's the video btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPvUF7nxKVw

Pearson defo didn;t do anythign wrong... :D

Here we go. Frankie, Mary had a little lamb would be offensive if you inserted I*A into the middle of the verse or chorus FFS!

This is the stupidest fuckin thread and your trying to defend it. Tell me, were you in the stadium bar last Thursday?

Sorry, never read about the Stadium Bar thing. Wouldn't go there if it was the last pub on earth. Wee Rangers Club is my watering hole of choice - superb establishment.

Are you going to answer about Pearson? You said he didn't do anything wrong and belittled my various points earlier because of that invalid assumption.

Hmmm, did I make a point here?

Well, in the same way as the 'Videogate' incident, why wasn't Lennon made a paraiah RE: Findlay?

PS: here's a still of Pearson being the model of restraint while IRA is chanted:

http://xs112.xs.to/xs112/07080/pearson.jpg

PS:

Still waiting on that evidence about me not making any points here or elsewhere online.

Well done mate - you truly are the architect of your own stupidity. Whilst trying to disprove two of my points,you end up fucking up both of yours. That as a jpeg you took and pearo aint in them - proves fuck all and even if he was, it would still prove fuck all. and whether you like it or not (your coming across like an old fashioned bigot byraway) the video I saw didnt show either him or hartson singing the offensive bit.

And to be honest, even if they did - the fact temains

DF is a fucking QC

Hartson and Pearson were two young stupid footballers.

DO NOT GET ME WRONG.

I am not defending them BUT....

ask yourself who is more likely to grab the publics attention?

It's not a case of vistimisation. and you look daft by pushing it.

I am a bigot now! For showing a Celtic player to be quite clearly singing about the IRA - I am a bigot.

Where am I a bigot? Please show me or take it back immediately. I will not be called a bigot by anyone and I hope admin take action on this.

What about Neil Lennon calling us DOBs? He's not a daft young laddie.

I am a bigot now! For showing a Celtic player to be quite clearly singing about the IRA - I am a bigot.

Where am I a bigot? Please show me or take it back immediately. I will not be called a bigot by anyone and I hope admin take action on this.

In all honest Frankie, neither was Hartson young when the video was filmed

And Ricardo, having just watched the video and looked at the photo BOTH Pearson and Hartson are there and are fairly obviously chanting IRA throughout the song

F**ckin unbelievable.

Dont even entertain it Frankie.

Well, in the same way as the 'Videogate' incident, why wasn't Lennon made a paraiah RE: Findlay?

PS: here's a still of Pearson being the model of restraint while IRA is chanted:

http://xs112.xs.to/xs112/07080/pearson.jpg

PS:

Still waiting on that evidence about me not making any points here or elsewhere online.

Well done mate - you truly are the architect of your own stupidity. Whilst trying to disprove two of my points,you end up fucking up both of yours. That as a jpeg you took and pearo aint in them - proves fuck all and even if he was, it would still prove fuck all. and whether you like it or not (your coming across like an old fashioned bigot byraway) the video I saw didnt show either him or hartson singing the offensive bit.

And to be honest, even if they did - the fact temains

DF is a fucking QC

Hartson and Pearson were two young stupid footballers.

DO NOT GET ME WRONG.

I am not defending them BUT....

ask yourself who is more likely to grab the publics attention?

It's not a case of vistimisation. and you look daft by pushing it.

i will tell yuo something ricardo frankie is not a bigot and you should apologise to him, show me any thread of frankies that is bigoted.

D'art:

There is disagreeing with threads, disagreeing with posters and offering alterative views with evidence and fact.

Ricardo has in this thread alone called be a bigot, said I never make any relevant points (but when I do they would be offensive) and despite being shown 100% that he was wrong resorts to abuse.

As I said in my first post in this thread I find it incredible that any Rangers fan can do that to their fellow supporters without VERY good reason. I'm sure admin will have such appalling behaviour in hand though.

It's quiote frankly astounding the lengths some will go to defend Celtic players singing about the IRA yet call me a bigot.

I think I have made my point here so it's good night from me.

In all honest Frankie, neither was Hartson young when the video was filmed

And Ricardo, having just watched the video and looked at the photo BOTH Pearson and Hartson are there and are fairly obviously chanting IRA throughout the song

1. Have you got some kind of NSA, CIA, FBI software available on your computer that enables you to see shit that no on else can?

2. I saw the original videos - hartson looked embarrasesed to be there. TBH - I never saw pearson - he's an ugly cunt, Im sure I woudl have noticed him.