Founders Commemorative Plaque Unveiled

cooperonthewing

Unveiled today at a ceremony at the Football Centre at Glasgow Green by Heather Lang, granddaughter of Peter McNeil. A very proud moment for me to be there and at last a permanent reminder at the birthplace of our Club. Well done to all the Founders Committee for this and good to see the Club well represented too.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unveiled today at a ceremony at the Football Centre at Glasgow Green by Heather Lang, granddaughter of Peter McNeil. A very proud moment for me to be there and at last a permanent reminder at the birthplace of our Club. Well done to all the Founders Committee for this and good to see the Club well represented too.

:pics:

Who is the other woman in the picture?

sandy jardine

Me!!! Ooops, I forgot you know me. I think she is a councillor but I don't know her name.

Yeah I saw the plaque when I was at the complex today for the RMFC game and was thinking i'd never noticed before when we've played. Was nice to see and if I'd known it was going to be unveiled today would've gone down earlier. Its nice to see that at long last our early history is being commemorated.

sandy jardine

:lol:

sandy jardine

Didn't you mean Jim Hannah? :rolleyes:

sandy jardine

Didn't you mean Jim Hannah? :rolleyes:

no jims a nice guy unlike mr jardine who is lower than a snakes belly

Yeah I saw the plaque when I was at the complex today for the RMFC game and was thinking i'd never noticed before when we've played. Was nice to see and if I'd known it was going to be unveiled today would've gone down earlier. Its nice to see that at long last our early history is being commemorated.

I saw you all walking past it. I'd have stayed and watched your game but it was cold and wet. :ph34r:

Sandy definitely blotted his copybook with the minutes applause for Bobby Shearer fiasco and 80 years of sectarianism comments which is a pity. One of my heroes in the 70s, a truly world class player who is the best right back I've seen playing for us.

Sandy definitely blotted his copybook with the minutes applause for Bobby Shearer fiasco and 80 years of sectarianism comments which is a pity. One of my heroes in the 70s, a truly world class player who is the best right back I've seen playing for us.

when weve met him in europe twice he had a few sly remarks to our group of which he was very lucky not to get a slap

I saw you all walking past it. I'd have stayed and watched your game but it was cold and wet. :ph34r:

It was only when we came back after the game (which we won 4-2 against the current league champions) that I noticed the plaque. Looks really good though as I say but I had no idea it was getting unveiled that day I just assumed it was one of things I hadnt noticed there before but it was nice to see anyway!

It was only when we came back after the game (which we won 4-2 against the current league champions) that I noticed the plaque. Looks really good though as I say but I had no idea it was getting unveiled that day I just assumed it was one of things I hadnt noticed there before but it was nice to see anyway!

The bit at the bottom saying it was unveiled on 6th September 2009 was a bit of a giveaway. :ph34r::pipe:

The bit at the bottom saying it was unveiled on 6th September 2009 was a bit of a giveaway. :ph34r::pipe:

*gets coat