Founders Commemorative Plaque Unveiled

cooperonthewing

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:angry: wuoldnt it have been nice for the club to let us know on thier website but i guess those who matter dont matter to the club anymore ......p.s. what is that guy hannah getting payed for as far as i can see its to take photos of and instruct the flag bearers how to wave a washed out flag on match days i have seen him doing just that with my own eyes . look out for it on match days its pathetic.

you hold it like this pal then you shoogle it this way and then that way. :uk::uk::uk::uk:

34ov7sk.jpg

Nice, it would be safer behind glass though, magnet for tim neds to scratch, gob on etc.

:angry: wuoldnt it have been nice for the club to let us know on thier website but i guess those who matter dont matter to the club anymore ......p.s. what is that guy hannah getting payed for as far as i can see its to take photos of and instruct the flag bearers how to wave a washed out flag on match days i have seen him doing just that with my own eyes . look out for it on match days its pathetic.

It wasn't organised by the Club.

Yeah I saw the plaque when I was at the complex today for the RMFC game and was thinking i'd never noticed before when we've played. Was nice to see and if I'd known it was going to be unveiled today would've gone down earlier. Its nice to see that at long last our early history is being commemorated.

Could this be you in the picture?

plaque03.jpg

Yeah I saw the plaque when I was at the complex today for the RMFC game and was thinking i'd never noticed before when we've played. Was nice to see and if I'd known it was going to be unveiled today would've gone down earlier. Its nice to see that at long last our early history is being commemorated.

Could this be you in the picture?

plaque03.jpg

Maybe in a past life

:angry: wuoldnt it have been nice for the club to let us know on thier website but i guess those who matter dont matter to the club anymore ......p.s. what is that guy hannah getting payed for as far as i can see its to take photos of and instruct the flag bearers how to wave a washed out flag on match days i have seen him doing just that with my own eyes . look out for it on match days its pathetic. [

So you're complaining that the club don't feature it on their website, but also complaining about the staff member that has turned up to represent the club? Make up your mind.

Perhaps you should find out what Jim Hannah does before criticising him.

Oh, and which washed up flag would that be? The Union Jack or the saltire?

Unveiled today at a ceremony at the Football Centre at Glasgow Green by Heather Lang, granddaughter of Peter McNeil. A very proud moment for me to be there and at last a permanent reminder at the birthplace of our Club. Well done to all the Founders Committee for this and good to see the Club well represented too.

Shame it wasn't better publicised ... nice picture though (tu)

Unveiled today at a ceremony at the Football Centre at Glasgow Green by Heather Lang, granddaughter of Peter McNeil. A very proud moment for me to be there and at last a permanent reminder at the birthplace of our Club. Well done to all the Founders Committee for this and good to see the Club well represented too.

Shame it wasn't better publicised ... nice picture though (tu)

Today's ceremony was invitation only due to very limited space in the foyer of the centre. However, anyone can now go along now and view it.

Who is the other woman in the picture?

sandy jardine

Randy Lardbin, surely? ;)

Hmmmm.....

THE ORIGINS of Rangers have been officially recognised by Glasgow City Council after a special plaque was unveiled at Glasgow Green.

Sandy Jardine, Supporters Liaison Officer Jim Hannah and Historian David Mason were there along with Heather Lang, grand-daughter of one of the four founders of the club Peter McNeil.

The plaque depicts the pioneers coming out of their rowing boats on the Clyde to move onto a football pitch.

Rangers, of course, played their first ever matches in 1872 at Flesher's Haugh on Glasgow Green when Peter and Moses McNeil, along with Peter Campbell and William McBeath founded the club.

All had been keen rowers from the Gare Loch area and had become excited by the new game of football. From such carefree beginnings an institution was born.

The plaque was unveiled at the Glasgow Green Football Centre and it was as a result of hard work by Rangers supporter Ian McColl.

He had written to the Council suggesting that the foundation of Rangers be recognised.

Frankie has provided the link above I notice but I thought I'd pop this in here while I was reading (tu)

Great Plaque. A proper one, makes my humble effort down at Lincoln look cheap. Never mind its the thought that counts. Well done Iain McColl. Now what about a Gallant Pioneers statue at Ibrox, may I suggest a 4 Boys and a ball statue.

I've read before it's being looked into, and will cost quite a bit of money! Haha.