Could...

StevenDavis

We maybe have shifted Mendes during the summer transfer window to get funds for a central defender?

Don't get me wrong, Mendes has ability but the constant hiding in games annoys the hell out of me. The attempts at the hollywood passes too.

Having said that, I'd rather he was in there alongside Davis than the likes of McCulloch who just doesn't have any ability at all (obviously this wouldn't be a problem if Edu or Thomson were 100% and could play alongside Davis, but they were both out injured for the start of the season)

If a team was to offer money for Mendes, could we sell him, raise funds and buy a central defender?

Is there any real need for him to be there if we have Edu, Davis and Thomson?

Could we use the funds we get from a Mendes sale to buy a new central defender?

Discuss.

When mendes first arrived i was over the moon, were talking about a guy with prem experiance and a former champions league winner. First few months i was very impressed, this season very pissed off as i thought after having a year under his belt he would be alot stronger player for us but sadly he looks way off the pace and if he does not improve soon i wold punt him in january, we cant afford to have another passenger picking up more than decent wages!

I will admit he hasn't played to his abilities this season, but I don't think we should be completely writing his Rangers career off just yet.

If we sold Mendes and brought in a CB, it would just create a problem in CM, especially with Edu injured and Thomson slowly coming back to fitness.

yes lets wait and see if walter eventually decides on a consistent team selection ffs,,,never mind just the midfield......that would maybe help.

mendes has hardly had a chance to play alongside the same players week in week out,its not his fucking fault

I see that the mission to make Mendes' the scrapgoat is well under way then :pipe:

Yes it would appear so. Davis has been in hiding just as much as Mendes; Thomson is nowhere near ready; McCulloch is very limited; Edu is not fit and is not creative; Fleck disappoints; so who takes his place? Furman may have been the answer but we could not entice him to stay; the other youngster from Israel that scored all the goals - Blumstein? He never got a chance either. Lets just stick with Mendes.

Mendes needs a strong tackler in beside him.

Look at what happened with Thomson last year, he was exceptional until he got injured. Ferguson came along and all of a sudden Pedro has to defend.

When Edu came in, all of a sudden Mendes started playing well again.

But now, this year, he's had to focus more on defending again, and it doesn't suit his game. Look what happened.. Red card and poor performances.

He needs a strong defensive midfielder beside him.

Look at what happened with Thomson last year, he was exceptional until he got injured. Ferguson came along and all of a sudden Pedro has to defend.

But now, this year, he's had to focus more on defending again, and it doesn't suit his game. Look what happened.. Red card and poor performances.

spot on mate ,great post

Mendes is also hindered by his lack of an outball on the wing.