Training/Murray Park

McBoyd

Basically as a club at this moment in time our sqaud can not handle playing in the CL.

We dont have the players good enough to keep playing to high standards in the SPL, domestic cup games and of course in Europe.

Walter does not help matters in refusing to play the youngsters for Cup games and in league encounters with the likes of Hamilton and St.Johnstone.

Walter and the rest of us will only really find if they (Wilson,Little,Loy,Shinnie etc) are good enough in those type of games.

I'd pay a lot of money just to see a video of our training schedule for 1 week. We can't do the fucking basics, we only got a good set piece taker at the beginning of this season, yet we still dont practice any movement from corners or free kicks. NO ONE has got a decent first touch. Mendes used to, he seems to have been drawn down to our pishy standard. Bougherra is our main attracking threat it seems and he is a fucking central defender, and he only bombs forward because he knows we are struggling to do fucking anything useful up front.

Kevin Thomson is near enough anonymous in midfield except when he is hacking someone down randomly. Future captain my arse. Lee McCulloch kicks a good ball for us once every 2 years apparently. David Weir apparently with all his experience makes schoolboy errors at will due to his age yet because of the sentimental value he plays 90 minutes religiously every week regardless of the opposition. Steven Whittaker is like Bambi on ice, looks ok going forward, but gets the arse tore out of him by any half-decent winger who runs at him. Kenny Miller has been absolutely useless this season, like he was for LARGE parts of last season, although he played well in the run-in, therefore we apparently couldnt have won the league without him. An imposter. Kris Boyd can't fucking buy a goal this season either, and this is what we are told he is there to do! Now he officially doesn't do anything, as he used to do nothing and score. Nacho Novo has lost all his composure he used to have in front of goal, and should now be an impact player at all times, or sold.

Lafferty and Edu are our big misses at the minute, but to be honest, i'm not sure either of them will improve us significantly.

As the OP said, we arent getting better at all, we are getting steadily worse.

I get the impression that we've been doing a lot of work defensively with the Champions League in mind. Sadly, its absolutely sapped the attacking thinking out of our game.

That hasn't worked all that well has it? Yes 3 clean sheets, but we havent defended that great. Aberdeen,Killie AND Motherwell had terrific chances to beat us, and any of them had a half decent striker to put them away, we could be looking at 0 out of 9 points. Sevilla won't have any problems creating and scoring v us.

It's obvious training methods are not working.

I was watching the Rangers revival the other day with Graeme Sousness taking them all for training, he was 10 times fitter than the lot of them, and when he was getting them to do certain exercises some of them couldn't even do..

I get the feeling we need someone like that to come in and freshen things up, make our players twice the athletes they are now, and generally fitter.

It's gone stale by the looks of it.

Le Guen might have freshened us up training wise, but apparently the players (fergie?) didn't wanna work that hard?! How much of that is true i don't know.

I think for every draw/loss the team should be made to do laps of the pitch, or something to that effect.

It's not a new problem either, it's been happening since McLeish.

There is a serious problem somewhere in Ibrox. It's obvious training methods are not working.

Absolutely mate, There is a lack of structure and thought when it comes to basic things like set pieces and pass and move.

It's obvious training methods are not working.

I was watching the Rangers revival the other day with Graeme Sousness taking them all for training, he was 10 times fitter than the lot of them, and when he was getting them to do certain exercises some of them couldn't even do..

I get the feeling we need someone like that to come in and freshen things up, make our players twice the athletes they are now, and generally fitter.

It's gone stale by the looks of it.

Le Guen might have freshened us up training wise, but apparently the players (fergie?) didn't wanna work that hard?! How much of that is true i don't know.

I think for every draw/loss the team should be made to do laps of the pitch, or something to that effect.

Need to be careful mate, the Le Guen training methods/revolt against them thing seems to start everytime the lack of structure and fitness is highlighted.

not that I disagree with you, just that there is alot of conjecture and subjectivity involved.

Anyway here's a tin hat :craphead:

Need to be careful mate, the Le Guen training methods/revoty against them thing seems to start everytime the lack of structure and fitness is highlighted.

not that I disagree with you, just that there is alot of conjecture and subjectivity involved.

*accepts tin hat* :craphead:

I'm not saying it's right, or that if he were still here our players would all be super athletes, but you have to wonder sadly :(

We do need a freshen up... we need someone to come train the team better then they are now.

Need to be careful mate, the Le Guen training methods/revoty against them thing seems to start everytime the lack of structure and fitness is highlighted.

*accepts tin hat* :craphead:

I'm not saying it's right, or that if he were still here our players would all be super athletes, but you have to wonder sadly :(

We do need a freshen up... we need someone to come train the team better then they are now.

I don't think it's any secret that scottish players and scottish clubs seem to be less fit and less skileld technically than our continental neighbours. Also I personally dont think that there is any doubt le guen was both shocked at the state of our players and tried to change the fundamental nature of training at rangers.

The problem is that all the info we really have for this is from the gutter rags we are all so quick to slate due to thier appauling lack of objectivity and literary skills.

Like I say, we are all just guessing to an extent but i agree with you in principal.

They have a state of the art training facility at murray park so if the players are not improving then it has to be down to them & the coaches. Either the coaches are not coaching properly or the players are not listening.

I would go for the coaches not coaching.

I'd pay a lot of money just to see a video of our training schedule for 1 week. We can't do the fucking basics, we only got a good set piece taker at the beginning of this season, yet we still dont practice any movement from corners or free kicks. NO ONE has got a decent first touch. Mendes used to, he seems to have been drawn down to our pishy standard. Bougherra is our main attracking threat it seems and he is a fucking central defender, and he only bombs forward because he knows we are struggling to do fucking anything useful up front.

Kevin Thomson is near enough anonymous in midfield except when he is hacking someone down randomly. Future captain my arse. Lee McCulloch kicks a good ball for us once every 2 years apparently. David Weir apparently with all his experience makes schoolboy errors at will due to his age yet because of the sentimental value he plays 90 minutes religiously every week regardless of the opposition. Steven Whittaker is like Bambi on ice, looks ok going forward, but gets the arse tore out of him by any half-decent winger who runs at him. Kenny Miller has been absolutely useless this season, like he was for LARGE parts of last season, although he played well in the run-in, therefore we apparently couldnt have won the league without him. An imposter. Kris Boyd can't fucking buy a goal this season either, and this is what we are told he is there to do! Now he officially doesn't do anything, as he used to do nothing and score. Nacho Novo has lost all his composure he used to have in front of goal, and should now be an impact player at all times, or sold.

Lafferty and Edu are our big misses at the minute, but to be honest, i'm not sure either of them will improve us significantly.

As the OP said, we arent getting better at all, we are getting steadily worse.

I think these 2 will.

Kyle can hold the ball up and bring others into play.

I would play Edu before KT now in a heartbeat.

I wonder if we should be getting back players such as Laudrup and De Boer to teach our midfield a thing or two during training. Obviously you can't pass on natural abilities like theirs, but i would bet having them around would help out, especially young players such as Fleck, even Davis.

A shame really, as what De Boer was saying about the youth system after the Scotland game, he was right, and we could use someone like him to make Rangers a step above the rest of Scotland but doing it the right way.

Murray park is in its 8th year and in those 8 years it has provided next to nothing. By all accounts it has state of the art equipment and world class facilities. It was put forward by Mr Advocaat maybe he had a ajax academy vision for us. We where all excited at the time what could this facility provide us with, the next cooper,baxter. We had got ourselves another advantage over the bheggers who still trained on a ploughed field, yet in those 8 years it has gave us nothing. People can argue about Hutton but is he really world class or does he just look world class in the SPL. Because the majority of the time i have watched hutton in the EPL he struggles especially on his defensive duties.

The problem with Murray park is the coaching. In the 60's 70's when scotland had world beaters half of them didn't see a coach till their late teens, they played football in the streets, learned their touch, their control playing in the streets in the schemes. This modern craze of getting the youngsters early into the academy's is great in other countries. But in scotland the coaches murder the talent IMO.

In the middle to long term, we need to find somebody who understands the approaches and methods of modern game, but at the same time they also need to possess the experience and savvy to win in the SPL.

Smith could do one part in his first spell. Eck did one part correctly. PLG did one part correctly. Smith does one part correctly.

The last manager who knew how to do both was Advocaat.