Speirs on Snyde

gisabeer

Yet again graham speirs trys to drag the good name of our club into the gutter with his callous remarks. This time he uses the fantastic guesture from Rangers who gave 1200 tickets to the armed forces as a means to have another dig at the club.

the man cannot sink any lower.

I have sent an email to snyde venting disgust and anger (see below) I encourage everyone to do the same.

I am writing to you to vent my utter disgust at the comments of Mr Graham Speirs regarding Rangers fantastic guesture in giving 1200 tickets to members of the armed forces for the forth comming CL game next tuesday.

To dismiss the guesture by ranting that "The main reason Rangers are selling these returned tickets is because there will be empty seats if they don't"

I would like to point out to Mr Speirs that The tickets are infact free and are a gift to the servicemen for their services to everyone in this country.

Mr Speirs callous remarks are nothing new to those who support Rangers. But he has managed to reach a new low this time round in yet another attempt to slander the name of Rangers Football Club by disrepecting those who defend and serve our country so well.

It is a disgrace that you should give this cretin a platform to utter such ramblings.

It was not long ago that your very own Mr keevins dismissed the debate on the famine song with the statement that "The irish are a proud people"

I can assure you sir that the Scottish and indeed the british are a proud people and do not take kindly to Mr Speirs ilk or to those who give a platform to those of his kind.

I for one will never listen to your show again

your show is a damned disgrace sir.

He's not worth the vented anger mate. He thrives on that - he is the sort of guy who loves being hated.

Best way to deal with him is not to read or purchase the shite rag he is allowed to use the poison pen in

He's not worth the vented anger mate. He thrives on that - he is the sort of guy who loves being hated.

Best way to deal with him is not to read or purchase the shite rag he is allowed to use the poison pen in

Sticking your head in the sand wont make him go away.

http://www.clyde1.com/contactus.asp

get typing lads. time to give him a taste of his own medicine

Well said.

*edit* And the idea that we're worried about 1200 seats not being occupied by away supporters in a stadium of this capacity is ludicrous.

I think it's time Mr Spiers was banned from Ibrox.

Perhaps the venerable Mr Spiers' seat could be strategically placed in the centre of the aforementioned 1200 seats :)

i was listening but cant recall him saying anything controversial tonight

I listened and heard ra Bhoy in Corduroy say, "let's be honest, Rangers would not be giving away these tickets if they could sell them".

Keevins chimed in with, "thirty eight pounds for a ticket is too much".

I am sure both Spiers and Keevins read the Rangers press release which distincly pointed out that the gesture was possible to such a scale because there would be no away fans from Romania. Thus, the whole away allocation was being given to the troops for free.

I never listen to Snyde, but emailed all the same:

What a horrible and despicable person Graham Spiers is! His odious comments about Rangers support to the armed forces really does illustrate his hatred for all things Rangers. My family and I have listened to Radio Clyde phone-in for years - but never again if this is the type of individual you allow to broadcast such venom & hatred.

Yours

Schwantz

Chip, chip

Your time draws near Spiers.....

i was listening but cant recall him saying anything controversial tonight

He didn't. He actually said it was a nice gesture from Rangers, but said that it's only because those seats would have been empty, but then closed that off by again saying it was a nice gesture non the less. Some members on here said the exact same thing. :rolleyes:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/display...2532393.0.0.php

Free Rangers tickets for troops

RANGERS are offering serving soldiers free seats for next week's Uefa Champions League clash at Ibrox. Hundreds of UK troops and their families will be given the opportunity to watch Rangers compete against Romania's FC Unirea Urziceni in the crucial Champions League match on Tuesday night. Part of the Tickets for Troops campaign, the allocation of briefs has been made possible as Rangers' Group G opponents declined to use their allocation of tickets for the Glasgow tie. Rangers Chief Executive Martin Bain and team manager Walter Smith joined the Army's Brigadier David Allfrey, Commander of the 51st Scottish Brigade, and more than 30 servicemen at Ibrox this morning to announce the ticket news.

Mr Bain, said: "Last season the club was honoured to welcome soldiers from the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Battalion and marines from 45 Commando - who had just returned from Helmand province - to the games against Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Hearts, and our supporters gave them a well-deserved standing ovation." He added: "This club will continue to support and recognise these individuals who give everything for their country."

This has been the largest allocation of tickets for troops in Britain since the launch of the Tickets for Troops campaign by Conservative leader David Cameron in August. The Conservative leader has won widespread support from Scotland's sports world for his campaign to give away free tickets to military personnel. Mr Cameron said: "I am delighted at the response from Scottish organisations to our Tickets for Troops campaign. It is exactly what we should be doing as a country, coming together to recognise, thank and celebrate what the armed forces do for us."

The SFA, Cricket Scotland, Tennis Scotland, and SPL football clubs Hearts, Rangers, Aberdeen, and Falkirk have all agreed to make tickets available as part of the campaign. In June of this year, the Rangers squad took time out from training to meet troops in Germany as well as donating strips to soliders from the Black Watch, 3rd Battalion the Royal Regiment of Scotland. A spokesman for the club added: "These men and women are the true heroes in life and we are delighted to help."

This was taken from The Evening Times tonight and if anything could point to the loyalties of snyde Spiers this is it. Im on the :wanker: case. Mark my words guys, this fucker is going to crash and burn SOON. I hope your reading this Spiers, we know where you live ya :wanker:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/display...2532393.0.0.php

Free Rangers tickets for troops

RANGERS are offering serving soldiers free seats for next week's Uefa Champions League clash at Ibrox. Hundreds of UK troops and their families will be given the opportunity to watch Rangers compete against Romania's FC Unirea Urziceni in the crucial Champions League match on Tuesday night. Part of the Tickets for Troops campaign, the allocation of briefs has been made possible as Rangers' Group G opponents declined to use their allocation of tickets for the Glasgow tie. Rangers Chief Executive Martin Bain and team manager Walter Smith joined the Army's Brigadier David Allfrey, Commander of the 51st Scottish Brigade, and more than 30 servicemen at Ibrox this morning to announce the ticket news.

Mr Bain, said: "Last season the club was honoured to welcome soldiers from the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Battalion and marines from 45 Commando - who had just returned from Helmand province - to the games against Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Hearts, and our supporters gave them a well-deserved standing ovation." He added: "This club will continue to support and recognise these individuals who give everything for their country."

This has been the largest allocation of tickets for troops in Britain since the launch of the Tickets for Troops campaign by Conservative leader David Cameron in August. The Conservative leader has won widespread support from Scotland's sports world for his campaign to give away free tickets to military personnel. Mr Cameron said: "I am delighted at the response from Scottish organisations to our Tickets for Troops campaign. It is exactly what we should be doing as a country, coming together to recognise, thank and celebrate what the armed forces do for us."

The SFA, Cricket Scotland, Tennis Scotland, and SPL football clubs Hearts, Rangers, Aberdeen, and Falkirk have all agreed to make tickets available as part of the campaign. In June of this year, the Rangers squad took time out from training to meet troops in Germany as well as donating strips to soliders from the Black Watch, 3rd Battalion the Royal Regiment of Scotland. A spokesman for the club added: "These men and women are the true heroes in life and we are delighted to help."

This was taken from The Evening Times tonight and if anything could point to the loyalties of snyde Spiers this is it. Im on the :wanker: case. Mark my words guys, this fucker is going to crash and burn SOON. I hope your reading this Spiers, we know where you live ya :wanker:

You might know where he lives, but the most you'll ever do is post on an Internet forum. I recall a certain group of individuals shouting the same thing at Nacho Novo. It's idiotic to say the least.

Everyone says they do not like this man, yet they give him the publicity to which he probably thrives on. doh

What this f*cking prick deliberately fails to acknowledge is the positivity behind the gesture. Almost every and any business have stock, produce, services or other commodities left unsold at closing time but they don't give their goods away for free as a result. Does his rag of a newspaper hand out the unsold copies for free at the end of the day ?

Ok Rangers may well not have sold all of these tickets but the thoughtfulness and decency of the gesture shouldn't be diluted and slurred by this scumbag.

He should be criticising septic for not acknowledge our troops but instead takes the cowards way out and has a go at us. Give him a water pistol and drop him in the middle of Helmand I say :dry:.

Cockroaches have a great survival record!! (tu)

Graham Speirs is and always will be a twisted basturd everytime he writes or is on the tele. Sadly, I don't think he'll ever leave football leaving his green and white catholic colours to shine through at all times. My dream job is to be a journalist for one of the big papers in Scottish football, one beacuse writing is my passion and two to try and add a bit of bias towards the Rangers in the press for once!