Colin Stein, Derek Johnstone or Ally McCoist

RonaldDeBoer

Who would you have in your team?

Obviously the stats say it all. It's got to be Ally McCoist but i've never seen Dj or CS play in a full game, just highlights. They both looked cracking players.

Out of 100 Rangers fans questioned who was the best striker,60% said McCoist, 18% Stein, 7% Johnstone and 15% Bobby Sands.

Obviously the stats say it all. It's got to be Ally McCoist but i've never seen Dj or CS play in a full game, just highlights. They both looked cracking players.

Out of 100 Rangers fans questioned who was the best striker,60% said McCoist, 18% Stein, 7% Johnstone and 15% Bobby Sands.

:lol:

i'd have to say coisty.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That joke is what gave me the idea for the topic :rolleyes:

Anyone remember Johnstones headed bullet from 18 yards for Scotland v Wales at Hampden, he could not have kicked it any harder, best header i've ever seen.Dont know what year but it was curly perm time.

1978 it was mate.Big DJ scored against Wales and Northern Ireland and was dropped for the England game by Ally Mcleod.In answer to the question big DJ is the best centre forward i've seen at Rangers.

3 greats from different generations who played a different game every one of them.

Id go with McCoist though just because he was my hero growing up.

DJ in 1978 was awesome - 38 goals in the season and the 16 yard bullet header at Hampden against Wales which was still the best header I have ever seen. He was unstoppable in the air and led the line like Hately but he got great service from a succession of outstanding wingers including Tommy McLean, Cutty Young, Davie Cooper and Willie Johnstone. Oh to have one decent winger at Ibrox now!

Anyone remember Johnstones headed bullet from 18 yards for Scotland v Wales at Hampden, he could not have kicked it any harder, best header i've ever seen.Dont know what year but it was curly perm time.

1978 it was mate.Big DJ scored against Wales and Northern Ireland and was dropped for the England game by Ally Mcleod.In answer to the question big DJ is the best centre forward i've seen at Rangers.

Stopped him emulating Colin Stein, who did score in all three Home International Championship games one year. My all time hero is Stein but DJ was also a great defender so I'd probably pick him.