You can't blame lack of cash for this one

broxybear

Reality check:-

We played a team from a pretty ordinary league whose record buy is £350K and we get hammered at home. The players had a shocker and the manager had a nightmare.

Something is rothen in the state of Ibrox. Time we got a simple system that brought the best out in the players we have and includes some youngsters of quality. Other than that... we may as well forget anything other than the SPL for the next few years.

Time to dispatch :- Whittiker, McCulloch, Rothen, Papac, Smith

Time to retire : Watty

Reality check:-

We played a team from a pretty ordinary league whose record buy is £350K and we get hammered at home. The players had a shocker and the manager had a nightmare.

Something is rothen in the state of Ibrox. Time we got a simple system that brought the best out in the players we have and includes some youngsters of quality. Other than that... we may as well forget anything other than the SPL for the next few years.

Time to dispatch :- Whittiker, McCulloch, Rothen, Papac, Smith, Weir, Lafferty, Miller, Beasley

Time to retire : Watty

Fixed it a bit for u, probably more to add

With a lack of money, the struggle to buy better players will only hurt the team in the end.

We buy good players and turn them into donkeys in most cases - need to find some younger players to develop

You think so? It's a squad packed full of shit mate. Walter won the title with this squad, at the end of the day, that's what matters. Just focus on winning the SPL.

Why do people go on and on about lack of money?

Lee McCulloch - 2 million

Kyle Lafferty - 3.5 million

Kenny Miller - 2 million

Steven Davis - 3 million

Pedro Mendes - 3 million

Steven Naismith - 2 million

Steven Whittaker - 2 million

Madjid Bougherra - 2.5 million

Maurice Edu - 2.6 million

Kevin Thomson - 2 million

Smith had spent a lot on this squad and the majority of it has been wasted!

With a lack of money, the struggle to buy better players will only hurt the team in the end.

Lee McCulloch cost more than the majority of the teams in the SPL squad cost. He cost more than the whole Unirea side.

Walter Smith has spunked millions on complete and utter dross!

These excuses have to stop!

I will never understand Walter's relucatnce to play the young talent we supposedly have coming through. I mean, are any of them any good? If they are then why aren't they getting a chance? Look at clubs all round Europe tonight and they pretty much all have some 17/18 year olds from their youth ranks playing. But Walter refuses to play them, yet we have one of the best training facilities in the world. I am not calling for Walter's head, simply because I don't know if we could get a better manager. But I am in a state of simple bewildrement and shock right now. FFS, what the hell was that tonight?

That's just it mate.....look at Urzicheni....they don't spend money yet get better players than us. Their manager is less experienced, yet even he had the balls to change the team/formation after just 17 mins.

It's not £'s that's going to get us out of this sorry state we're in, it's getting the right people/players. Players with the right attitude & hunger....a manager who can actually out think other managers....not just sit back & hope everything goes his way!

Fuck sake, in years gone by, we'd have had 3 up front against a team like that from the very start. Smith only chucks on forwards when we go 1, 2 or 3 down!

We buy good players and turn them into donkeys in most cases - need to find some younger players to develop

You think so? It's a squad packed full of shit mate. Walter won the title with this squad, at the end of the day, that's what matters. Just focus on winning the SPL.

Are you for real? Winning the spl is all that matters? Whats the point of winning the esh-pee-el which is a paltry, paltry achievement if we are going to be humiliated in europe? Walter has had money to spend £2mill+ for 'big Lee', £2 mill edu, £3.5 mill Lafferty, £1 mill Velicka. It's his own fault he had no money this summer.

Lee McCulloch cost more than the majority of the teams in the SPL squad cost. He cost more than the whole Unirea side.

Walter Smith has spunked millions on complete and utter dross!

These excuses have to stop!

Well you can blame Walter Smith for that but do we even having a scouting network of good quality?

Fact is we have a lot of shit players. I don't think many of us know just how shit they are. I watch a lot of European football and we are shit.

Are you for real? Winning the spl is all that matters? Whats the point of winning the esh-pee-el which is a paltry, paltry achievement if we are going to be humiliated in europe? Walter has had money to spend £2mill+ for 'big Lee', £2 mill edu, £3.5 mill Lafferty, £1 mill Velicka. It's his own fault he had no money this summer.

SPL - NO MONEY - US - LACK OF GOOD PLAYERS - NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY AT THIS LEVEL.

We are Europa league level but even then it's debatable. We just don't have the players to beat team's in Europe.

<cr> fuck me, you said something I agree with!!!!!!!!

Sadly, for far far too many, "beating the tims" and as you say, winning the SPL is their only goal. Europe is a "nice wee adventure" or some other pap like that, then, at the same time, they want us to be a "big club" playing "good football" with better players. Aint gonna happen, we HAVE the squad we need to win the SPL am afraid

I will never understand Walter's relucatnce to play the young talent we supposedly have coming through. I mean, are any of them any good? If they are then why aren't they getting a chance? Look at clubs all round Europe tonight and they pretty much all have some 17/18 year olds from their youth ranks playing. But Walter refuses to play them, yet we have one of the best training facilities in the world. I am not calling for Walter's head, simply because I don't know if we could get a better manager. But I am in a state of simple bewildrement and shock right now. FFS, what the hell was that tonight?

I never understand why you have to be an international and be bought to get a game for Watty and once you are in you rarely get dropped if you are considered a 1st pick. The most ridiculous example was when Dick took over the last time Watty left all of a sudden Fergie got played regularly. As you so rightly say every other team in Europe plays players under 20 except us!