I've never seen a £ figure on the cost of buying Rangers, how much?

pcbear

How much would a new owner have to pay to buy our club from David Murray,would the debt then be inherited by the new owner or would the monies involved include a clear the debt package which would give our new man/group a clean slate?

David Murray will have to be realistic in his valuation of the club, i can only assume he is asking way too much, hence the lack of a buyer, bit like a house sale really, its only worth what someones willing/able to pay.

if we werent as bad as we are the now, then yes you could see murray trying to make a profit

but with the debt as high as it is, it is likely murray will say, buy it for a quid, ON THE BASIS that you clear every penny of debt

Chelsea were bought by Ken Bates in 1982 for £1, he took on the £1.5m debt.

Focus diy were bought for £1 the buyers cleared the £174m debt.

MFI were sold for £1 (when i got it home two screws three brackets and a dowel were missing)

Halifax building society were sold on 16/10/2010 for a quid.

A few examples there of a possible way out.

Very true dont ever recall a figure being quoted just SDM stating he would not be difficult to deal with!!!

I have a clue about finance but after years of discussions regarding this issue from all quarters only one way of working it out makes sense to me

The value of our club in MIH 's accounts

plus taking on any outstanding debt.

how much the valuation is i dont know £40m??? maybe someone else on here would know better.

But the sad realisation is,Murray must be struggling in the current financial climate for the banks to have a say.

I really hope that no matter what we find 'the right' buyer and that Murrays businesses survive.Thousands of people and thier families rely on MIH :disappointment: .

question is who decides on wether the sale happens? SDM or the banks.

if we werent as bad as we are the now, then yes you could see murray trying to make a profit

but with the debt as high as it is, it is likely murray will say, buy it for a quid, ON THE BASIS that you clear every penny of debt

MFI were sold for £1 (when i got it home two screws three brackets and a dowel were missing)

just think, 500,000 rangers fans could very well own the club by putting in £200 each, thats £100,000,000 quid for the club,

cool :sherlock:

just think, 500,000 rangers fans could very well own the club by putting in £200 each, thats £100,000,000 quid for the club,

:lol:

The same fans that don't have/not willing to pay £110 for the CL games.

:lol:

The same fans that don't have/not willing to pay £110 for the CL games.

sshhh papa, stop ruining my sunday morning day dream :21::lol:

Or 100,000 fans x £1k or 10,000 fans x £10k

I'd be up for that. If only we had someone who could organise it for us!

Or 100,000 fans x £1k or 10,000 fans x £10k

I'd be up for that. If only we had someone who could organise it for us!

I'll organise it. Everybody send me £10,000 by PayPal and you're in. I'll let you know when we're owners of Rangers (tu)

Murray offered it to Douglas Park for 1p (so 99p less than a £1) when our debts where at £52 million, on a yacht in Monaco but Park bottled it.

Now though i'm not sure if he would still offer it for a token figure like a £1 though, if not if he was to get back what he paid for it £7-8 million and told that the new owners were going to clear the debt then he would bite their hands off. The problem with this though is that we know that we're roughly £30 million in the red to the banks, but we don't know how much we owe Murray's companies due to creative accounting, and that therein is where the real problems of us finding a buyer lies.

Murray offered it to Douglas Park for 1p (so 99p less than a £1) when our debts where at £52 million, on a yacht in Monaco but Park bottled it.

Now though i'm not sure if he would still offer it for a token figure like a £1 though, if not if he was to get back what he paid for it £7-8 million and told that the new owners were going to clear the debt then he would bite their hands off. The problem with this though is that we know that we're roughly £30 million in the red to the banks, but we don't know how much we owe Murray's companies due to creative accounting, and that therein is where the real problems of us finding a buyer lies.

doesnt matter though

its the banks that are wanting their cash asap, not murrays companies

if murray does a deal to sell the club, i wouldnt be surprised if he wipes out anything rangers owe him and his companies, as long as its written in a contract that the new guys clear the debt off the very first day of their era

Could be a good buy for someone since it may be only a matter of time till we move to a more lucrative league

I suppose any businessman will wait until the price is rock bottom before stepping in, we cant be far of the rock bottom scenario at the present time, interesting times ahead.

Using the figure 30m as the debt, Murray's share of that as 92% owner is 27.6m. The other 2.4m debt is owed by the rest of the share holders. Not being a high finance person I don't know how the banks would deal with that. Murray put in a total of 56m so if he was prepared to walk away with someone taking over his share of the debt he would have made a net loss of 28.4m. Of course this does not take into account the assets such as the Albion car park, catering, etc that he has creatively taken away from Rangers and put into family ties. If this was the case 27.6m is not a lot for a 92% stake in a club like rangers with Ibrox, Murray Park and the value of the contracted players as assets. As we would then not have the hugh debt to finance it would also release a good few million into operating costs that we currently pay the bank in interest. It all comes down to what loss Murray would be willing to take.

I would be willing to pay a couple of quid for my share of the debt for my 40 shares. :(