***The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just left Rangers at the end of my 3rd season, doing the treble :D though i'd go out on a high :)

Signed for Man Utd, i've brought in..

Danny wilson - 15m

John fleck - 20m

Dzeko - 40m

Akinfeev - 40m

Obasi - 19m

Robben - 28m

Sold....

Fletcher - Villareal - 15m

Ferdinand - Barcelona - 7m

Hargreaves - Barcelona - 10.75m

Starting 11.......

GK: Akinfeev

LB: Fabio

RB: Rafael

CB: Wilson

CB: Vidic

LM: Robben

RM: Obasi

CM: Anderson

CAM: Fleck

Advanced Forward: Rooney/Rossi

Target Striker: Dzeko

:D still got money to spend, think i'll bring in some back up defenders and good youth prospects :P

Also Rangers have basicly dismantled the imence team that reached the knock out rounds of the champions league 3 seasons running, once getting to the semi finals and once getting to the quarters. :( and of course with the money they have made selling players, they brought in shite.

This games uncanny. In my CL group with Gers i get Stuttgart, Sevilla and Dinamo.

1st game in Germany i draw 1-1

2nd game at Ibrox against Dinamo, i take 9th minute lead then go on to lose 3-1.

I have a bad feeling about this.

EDIT: That'll do me :happy:

rangersvcelticu.th.png

This games uncanny. In my CL group with Gers i get Stuttgart, Sevilla and Dinamo.

2nd game at Ibrox against Dinamo, i take 9th minute lead then go on to lose 3-1.

rangersvcelticu.th.png

Gaston Fernandez, FM legend :D

rangersvcelticu.th.png

if ur using real fixtures when u start a new game, the champ league groups are always matched up like the ones in real life, thats how ye get sevilla n stuttgart so many times when ur with rangers.

Got FM for Christmas so I have been playing it non-stop :D

I have gone Benfica as a challenge to try and win the league and end Portos dominance. I have had a really good start to the season, 2nd behind Porto on goal difference. I am second in my Europa League table behind Celic :anguish: Kalou has been really good since I got him on loan, if I have the money I might try and buy him.

97691683.th.jpg 41739711.th.jpg 91343677.th.jpg 67371321a.th.jpg

I have gone Benfica as a challenge to try and win the league and end Portos dominance. I have had a really good start to the season, 2nd behind Porto on goal difference. I am second in my Europa League table behind Celic :anguish: Kalou has been really good since I got him on loan, if I have the money I might try and buy him.

41739711.jpg

Been cheating have we? or are those 2 coloured teams affiliated clubs?

41739711.jpg

64675693.th.jpg

Affiliates

am also Benfica at the moment , finished 2nd in my first 2 seasons (SL 1st season, and Porto 2nd season) in my 3rd season and after 14 games have won 14 scoring 4 goals per game , winning 3 out of 3 games in the UCL ( liverpool, Monaco and fernabache) but i did lose 1 game to a shitey league 2 team in te cup :(.

first 11:

Mandanda

Cicinho

Kolarov

Garay

Sidnei

Bystrov

Di Maria

Van der Vaart

Inler

Gignac

Soldado

with many top notch subs :)

41739711.jpg

64675693.th.jpg

Affiliates

Thought so (tu) always good to get plenty of affiliates, great for sending your good youngsters on loan :D

am also Benfica at the moment , finished 2nd in my first 2 seasons (SL 1st season, and Porto 2nd season) in my 3rd season and after 14 games have won 14 scoring 4 goals per game , winning 3 out of 3 games in the UCL ( liverpool, Monaco and fernabache) but i did lose 1 game to a shitey league 2 team in te cup :(.

first 11:

Mandanda

Cicinho

Kolarov

Garay

Sidnei

Bystrov

Di Maria

Van der Vaart

Inler

Gignac

Soldado

Gignac and Inler :praise: tried to get Inler for my rangers team 3rd season but Udinese were wanting 90m.............. 90 fucking million for Inler. Bought moussa sissoko instead and he turned out to be a fantastic signing :D

first 11:

Mandanda

Cicinho

Kolarov

Garay

Sidnei

Bystrov

Di Maria

Van der Vaart

Inler

Gignac

Soldado

Gignac and Inler :praise: tried to get Inler for my rangers team 3rd season but Udinese were wanting 90m.............. 90 fucking million for Inler. Bought moussa sissoko instead and he turned out to be a fantastic signing :D

Tried for sissoko before going for Inler :lol: £12m for sissoko or £29.5m for Inler , Sissoko joined Parma :( so had to go for Inler needed the competition for Javi Garcia.

first 11:

Mandanda

Cicinho

Kolarov

Garay

Sidnei

Bystrov

Di Maria

Van der Vaart

Inler

Gignac

Soldado

Thats a cracking team you have there. Bought Gignac in 09 for Rangers :praise: Past the January Transfer Window now and here are a few updates. Top of the league, not lost yet but on a bad run of draws. Knocked out of the Europa League v Hamburg but in the League Cup Final. Should have bought more defenders in the transfer window, squad is very thin.

22490855.th.jpg 74269115.th.jpg 16620413.th.jpg 12917853.th.jpg 26055237.th.jpg

im totally pissing all over the La Liga with my Valencia team

GK

Stekelenburg

Carrizo

DF

Mexes

Amorebieta

Nordtveit

Hutton

Boateng

Fatic

MF

Veloso

Montolivo

Busquets

Witsel

Gourcuff

Di Maria

FW

Villa

Torres

Abel Hernandez

Lukaku

Kadlec

Recio

Bought Leandro Fernandez for 6M and he is still eligible after a full season due to not having a work permit, any ideas how to fix this? Really frustrating.

Just got Beckham and Morienties in my second season on Bosmans :lol:

You really shouldn't buy players when their work permit gets turned down, i've got 3 players needing permits but they're all youngsters so i've sent them on loan to 1 of my affiliates :P and all 3 of them are running a mock. you'll need to apply for a permit for him again, after a while it will eventually get accepted.

a fluid 4-2-3-1 asymmetric is bees knees if you have intelligent players. It's like a 4-4-2, 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 rolled into one :)

My current team is a bit mental so I'm going to punt half of them and start playing the youngsters, which shouldn't be too much of a problem for the SPL at least.

Current team:

______________Lung Jr____________

_Azpilicueta__Sakho__Fazio__Bale_

_______________Camacho___________

_________Witsel_________Jovotich_

_Vela ____________Dzagoev________

______________Welliton___________

After 4th season with Benfica got offered a choice of jobs after resigning from my post after leading the team to a 2nd consectuive domestic treble and getting pumped in Qf on Cl again.

Inter - 2years - £64m budget

Juventus- 4 years- £166m

Ac Milan- 2 years- £57m

think its obv which job i took......... oh and also the Italy Manager as well now leading them to the Euro championships with a 9-1-0 record so far and at my National level and club level i have ended Buffons career ...