***The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely strolled the league this year so i'm now 5 in a row aswell as getting the treble, Europe is still my downfall, only made the 1st knockout round of the CL where Genoa (Italian Champs) beat me 1-0 on aggregate. My best players have been Jo, Michael Mclaughlin (regen i bought from Hearts), Chris Brunt and Asmir Begovic who is fucking superb, even scored a goal for me. :lol:

5inarow.png

Sold a few good playera mainly because i wanted to lower the wage bill, they were on over £50,000 a week and were only rotation players. :anguish:

5inarowtrans.png

Jo is a beast in my game, he is now a Rangers legend and i'm only an icon as manager. :( Anyway him and the young lad McLaughlin got 65 goals between them so that was a pretty decent return even though Jo was injured for a little spell. Also rejected the Inter Milan job, Celtic's "new" manager Walter Zenga got that and Alan Irvine (after getting sacked by Hibs) got the unwashed job. :lol:

I love totally rebuilding the Rangers squad.

January 2010 and the only players I have left from the squad that I took over are Whittaker, Davis, Fleck and

McGregor :D

I do the same :lol: Davis, Fleck, Wilson are the only ones left after 2 years!

I make Neil Lennon look like Jose Mourinho when it comes to tactical knowledge.

I hate downloading tactics online so I'm fucked. Tactics online are pish. Yer Partick Thistle for example and offer Barcelona a friendly and you'll run riot with them dominating possession 70-30 and scudding them 3-0.

Fucking hate going small teams. I need my Dzeko fix.

I make Neil Lennon look like Jose Mourinho when it comes to tactical knowledge.

I hate downloading tactics online so I'm fucked. Tactics online are pish. Yer Partick Thistle for example and offer Barcelona a friendly and you'll run riot with them dominating possession 70-30 and scudding them 3-0.

Fucking hate going small teams. I need my Dzeko fix.

It's pointless, really defeats the purpose of the game.

I have a 4-4-2 and a 4-5-1. Two variations of each one that I'll play depending on the opposition, the weather and/or the pitch condition.

Seems to work for me.

Sitting in 1st in my 3rd season in the EPL with Newcastle after succesive 3rd place finishes , big signings this summer where : £16.75m for Steven Fletcher from Fulham although injured for most of the opening 6 months he has still returned 10 goals from 12 starts , the man i want to partner him with but have only managed to get them on the park 4 times together due to injuries is Mauro Zarate . new squad looks like this:

GK - Handanovic

RB - Jose antonio (spanish wonderkid)

CB- Steven Taylor

CB- Danny Wilson ( now worth £11M)(wonderkid)

LB- Fabio

DM- Rodwell

RW - S. Cazorla

LW- Eden Hazard

AM- Affelay

CF Steven Fletcher

CF - Zarate

subs:

Veithuizen

Enrique

Guida ( Italian Wonderkid)

Iker Munian (wonderkid)

Gourcuff

Downing

Asamoah

sit 9 points clear of Liverpool going into the new year :D - no doubt the same thing will happen as the previous 2 years and i'll have a horrible run in and lose my top spot :dry:

Got bored of FM then started playing again.. won the premiership with Blackpool and got to the champions league semi final to lose to Real Madrid on away goals, but I've strengthened my team once again so this year I'm aiming for that European final!!!

Got a whole load of youth players with really good potential too, all out on loan. :)

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Vagner Love must be the best striker in the game.

Are you still using the first patch?

He's been toned down in the newer ones.

Are you still using the first patch?

He's been toned down in the newer ones.

Probably, aye.

If you can secure a strike force of Wagner Love and Artem Milevskyi, you're guaranteed to win the league in any country.

Started a new game with Sporting Lesbian. A midfield of Pedro, Veloso and Moutinho... cannae go wrong! Thinking of bringing in that left-back from Braga "Evaldo" Looks pretyt solid all round.

Need a few strikers, only really got Liedson and Helder Postiga, don't really fancy Sinama-Pongolle too much. Sold Djalo to Sevilla for 4.2.