Straight swap deal?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than spunking 4.8 million on Lafferty and Velicka we should have picked him up Lee Miller on a bosman two Summers ago.

It just so happens that he's out of contract again this Summer, and I'd love to see Smith off load Lafferty and sign the "target man option" he should have signed for nothing two Summers ago.

It wouldn't be a swap deal as such, but it's a move I would welcome.

Rather than spunking 4.8 million on Lafferty and Velicka we should have picked him up Lee Miller on a bosman two Summers ago.

It just so happens that he's out of contract again this Summer, and I'd love to see Smith off load Lafferty and sign the "target man option" he should have signed for nothing two Summers ago.

It wouldn't be a swap deal as such, but it's a move I would welcome.

We should be playing Boyd and Naismith up front anyway with Fleck, Little etc. coming through we don't really need him.

We are in desperate need of a centre forward who has a bit of robustness about him.

Lafferty was brought in to do that but he isn't cutting the mustard at all.

Since when has he been played in that position ? His best performance this season was the first half for Northern Ireland against Poland when he WAS played in his best role as a striker

Would rather see Ness get a game than spend money on Arfield.

Goncalves, Sol Bamba, Merouane Zemmama, Ross Forbes, Murray Davidson, are all good players who would fit in with our (skint) wage structure, and wouldn't cost that much in transfer fees.

We are in desperate need of a centre forward who has a bit of robustness about him.

Lafferty was brought in to do that but he isn't cutting the mustard at all.

Since when has he been played in that position ? His best performance this season was the first half for Northern Ireland against Poland when he WAS played in his best role as a striker

And when has Lafferty ever shown any signs of replecating that form for us?

If he is was anywhere as good as some people make out he would be starting upfront week in, week out for us by now.

He was an expensive signing, who also happens to be a high earner, yet he can only get a game when he is shoehorned into the midfield.

He's been with us nearly two years and yet we still don't know how to get the best out of him.

Would some expensieve foreign import be given the sort of leeway that people give to Laffery?

Would some expensieve foreign import be given the sort of leeway that people give to Lafferty?

Surely you're not suggesting that as he's from 'over the water' and a Rangers fan, he's given more lee-way? :craphead:

Paul Dixon would be a great signing for us, maybe not so much for Papac though

Great going forward, superb delivery, but not the best defensively. I quite like Paul Dixon, but I'd rather my full back was a bit better on the defensive side. He has time, and will no doubt improve.

I'd take Paul Dixon ahead of Lee Wallace everyday of the week.

Don't rate Jose Goncalves at all, and he's far too injury prone.

ehhh........:broadfoot: <cr>

Both Broadfoot and Goncalves are shite!

Before his injury, Broadfoot was hardly injury prone, where as, Goncalves has struggled with injuries every season!

He's had a few good games in the SPL this season, that's it. Another one who is nowhere near being good enough, plus he's on pretty big wages at Tynecastle.

Don't rate Jose Goncalves at all, and he's far too injury prone.

ehhh........:broadfoot: <cr>

Both Broadfoot and Goncalves are shite!

Before his injury, Broadfoot was hardly injury prone, where as, Goncalves has struggled with injuries every season!

He's had a few good games in the SPL this season, that's it. Another one who is nowhere near being good enough, plus he's on pretty big wages at Tynecastle.

I wonder if Broadfoot can take a throw in yet.....

:sherlock: