Latest Team News

Boab

I wouldn't start Novo, although we may have to. I'd rather see John Fleck!

Kenny Miller get's dubbed the headless chicken, well Nacho Novo is exactly the same.

He's even worse IMO. That pass at the end of the Unirea game doh

STEVEN NAISMITH is struggling to win his race to be fit for tomorrow's Champions League tie with Stuttgart.

The Scotland player came off in the second half of Saturday's 3-0 win over his former club Kilmarnock at Ibrox.

It has emerged the 23-year-old sustained calf and hamstring injuries against the Ayrshiremen.

And although Naismith felt confident of recovering in time in the immediate aftermath of that match, he appears likely to miss out after all.

There is also a doubt over Kris Boyd as he has a calf problem too, although manager Walter Smith is much more confident he'll be okay.

Rangers already have Pedro Mendes, Mo Edu and Kirk Broadfoot out, while Madjid Bougherra is back but seemingly poised to be on the bench.

Smith said: "We have a couple of injury problems from the weekend in the shape of Steven and Kris.

"I would hope both will be okay but we will just have to wait and see how they are when everyone trains this afternoon."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/article...2254024_1883347

By Andrew Dickson

STEVEN NAISMITH is struggling to win his race to be fit for tomorrow's Champions League tie with Stuttgart.

The Scotland player came off in the second half of Saturday's 3-0 win over his former club Kilmarnock at Ibrox.

It has emerged the 23-year-old sustained calf and hamstring injuries against the Ayrshiremen.

And although Naismith felt confident of recovering in time in the immediate aftermath of that match, he appears likely to miss out after all.

There is also a doubt over Kris Boyd as he has a calf problem too, although manager Walter Smith is much more confident he'll be okay.

Rangers already have Pedro Mendes, Mo Edu and Kirk Broadfoot out, while Madjid Bougherra is back but seemingly poised to be on the bench.

Smith said: "We have a couple of injury problems from the weekend in the shape of Steven and Kris.

"I would hope both will be okay but we will just have to wait and see how they are when everyone trains this afternoon."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/article...2254024_1883347

Just saw Walter Smith's interview on Sky Sports News - he's not even spoken to Madjid Bougherra yet.

Probably hasnt turned up yet :lol:

As for the team, I would be in the same camp that would play Boyd, and, also Fleck, preferably in behind Boyd in his natural role. We are seeing Wilson put in turn after turn in his natural position, time to give Fleck the same treatment I think