Kris Boyd...the floor is yours

kkennedy

To be fair to him he done better than I thought he had two efforts at goal(OUR ONLY TWO) and one he nearly sneaked in but was out witted by the defender. Lafferty, Miller, Novo, Naismith, Fleck or anybody else would have been more anonymous upfront.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kris Boyd did more the whole game than lafferty, and perhaps Miller, Boyd has had one start in europe in donkeys years, and he plays alright? and suddenly because he wasent setting the heather on fire he shoulder ever play in Europe again? gie the man a break, he tried hard, which is more than can be said for some others on the team

It's not so much that tonight's performance is reason never to play Boyd in Europe again, it's that we keep hearing about how Boyd should be "given a chance" against good teams and he continually disappoints when he gets one. The best you can say about tonight is that he wasn't the worst player in the team, but he was far from good and all of the weaknesses which are attributed to him (namely that he's a liability when we aren't dominating possession) were in evidence again. By my count he's up to 14 appearances in Europe for us now and he hasn't shown much to think that there's a Champions League (or even a Europa League) player waiting to burst out. Apart from the generic "give him a chance" argument, I don't see any reason to persist with him in games like tonight's. We go to Pittodrie on Saturday, so perhaps he'll get another chance to show something in a fixture he's traditionally struggled in.

Kris Boyd did more the whole game than lafferty, and perhaps Miller, Boyd has had one start in europe in donkeys years, and he plays alright? and suddenly because he wasent setting the heather on fire he shoulder ever play in Europe again? gie the man a break, he tried hard, which is more than can be said for some others on the team

It's not so much that tonight's performance is reason never to play Boyd in Europe again, it's that we keep hearing about how Boyd should be "given a chance" against good teams and he continually disappoints when he gets one. The best you can say about tonight is that he wasn't the worst player in the team, but he was far from good and all of the weaknesses which are attributed to him (namely that he's a liability when we aren't dominating possession) were in evidence again. By my count he's up to 14 appearances in Europe for us now and he hasn't shown much to think that there's a Champions League (or even a Europa League) player waiting to burst out. Apart from the generic "give him a chance" argument, I don't see any reason to persist with him in games like tonight's. We go to Pittodrie on Saturday, so perhaps he'll get another chance to show something in a fixture he's traditionally struggled in.

A fair few remember that this isnt the case, under Le Guen he actually DID look like a player in Europe.

There is a problem with all our strikers, the main one being the rest do not score enough, Boyd doesnt do other things, but, if people step back from individuals, the problem is the team as a whole, its suspect at the back, and, completely lacking creativity in the midfield. Thats not good for ANY strikers

A fair few remember that this isnt the case, under Le Guen he actually DID look like a player in Europe.

There is a problem with all our strikers, the main one being the rest do not score enough, Boyd doesnt do other things, but, if people step back from individuals, the problem is the team as a whole, its suspect at the back, and, completely lacking creativity in the midfield. Thats not good for ANY strikers

We could have had a pele , Ronaldo and de steffano last night and we still wouldnt have had a shot at goal ffs. when 1 man in your 5 or 6 man midfield is the only one actually trying to play football then your always going to struggle , the pace at which we pass the ball around is a joke. i flicked onto the arsenal game after they scored the 2nd it was like night and day.

He had one chance and never took it, don't think he's good enough against a semi decent defence tbh. And why he can't challenge in the air without giving away a foul every second challenge is beyond me.

Although it is harsh to judge him on last nights performance as, bar wilson and McGregor, nobody played well.

PLG had us playing attacking football in the early rounds and above all had us dominating possession against the weaker European sides. However in the same campaign, Boyd had some abysmal performances when we slipped back into our classic Watenaccio tactics later in the tournament (he was awful against Hapoel and Osasuna). That's the rule with him - if we're dominating possession then he's an asset, but when we're not (like last night) he's a liability.

Boyd took a million off his £1.5 million value last night.

I couldnt believe people were getting all excited because he put a bit of effort in against Killie.

Its his phukkin job ffs - he should be doing it EVERY week.

He would struggle in the Championship.

I was willing to give Boyd a chance last night, although i am far from his biggest fan, but when the teams lined up and Boyd was the lone striker i knew we were in for a long night. The main problem we have is Walter Smith, GO NOW and take your love child McCulloch with you !

Boyd took a million off his £1.5 million value last night.

I couldnt believe people were getting all excited because he put a bit of effort in against Killie.

Its his phukkin job ffs - he should be doing it EVERY week.

He would struggle in the Championship.

exactly. have a look at when i first started this thread and how I got pelters for suggesting that he'd better step up and score goals. People defending him saying I hope he works hard etc.. pfuck off. He is there to score goals. Just like mccoist was..ffs mccoist would be invisible for 88 minutes and take his 1 chance and bury it for the winner. Boyd is no elite player that much is now true

This thread should be renamed "Kris Boyd..........the door is yours"

Shut it on the way out

Wud have miller, lafferty and naismith(who has dun just as much as lafferty this season) punted long before i would throw away 30 goals a season.

I was willing to give Boyd a chance last night, although i am far from his biggest fan, but when the teams lined up and Boyd was the lone striker i knew we were in for a long night. The main problem we have is Walter Smith, GO NOW and take your love child McCulloch with you !

Very True

Shut it on the way out

Wud have miller, lafferty and naismith(who has dun just as much as lafferty this season) punted long before i would throw away 30 goals a season.

Or we could play Lafferty down the middle. (At least he would put a shift in every week)

And get someone else to take the penalties.

Everytime we lined up with this 4-5-1 formation at home (infact we didnt even play that this time) I know we are in for a long night, its the same every time we play in Europe, we sit back, create 1 chance, fluff it and another player makes a mistake and those player gets it in the neck

PLG had us playing attacking football in the early rounds and above all had us dominating possession against the weaker European sides. However in the same campaign, Boyd had some abysmal performances when we slipped back into our classic Watenaccio tactics later in the tournament (he was awful against Hapoel and Osasuna). That's the rule with him - if we're dominating possession then he's an asset, but when we're not (like last night) he's a liability.

Why is he a liability in that situation? Wording like that is why things go on like this. He isnt, he is unproductive. The liabilities are the players in the team allowing us to be dominated, since, that generally happens in the midfield area, surely they are a liability? Along with our dodgy defenders?

The problem is in midfield, not Boyd. I will exempt Davis (now) after reflection as he is one of the few midfielders that does appear to try, yet, also receives no support from the other midfielders. If this ISNT the case, then, how come we get dominated in the middle by the likes of Falkirk, St Mirren, Killie, hamilton?? Now, that is nothing to do with Boyd, at times like these, if we dont win, it SHOULD be Boyds fault, but, we still create so little against apparently "inferior" sides

Shut it on the way out

Or we could play Lafferty down the middle. (At least he would put a shift in every week)

A "shift"? Seriously, achieving what?

This is something I find funny. I always thought Boyd was a bit dumb, but, the likes of a Miller or Lafferty will run about like idiots contributing nothing, whereas Boyd doesnt. I know which one I think is smarter.

Also, these players "putting in a shift" are also giving our already lazy/crap midfield even more excuses to do less haha

Shut it on the way out

This is something I find funny. I always thought Boyd was a bit dumb, but, the likes of a Miller or Lafferty will run about like idiots contributing nothing, whereas Boyd doesnt. I know which one I think is smarter.

Also, these players "putting in a shift" are also giving our already lazy/crap midfield even more excuses to do less haha

Achieving what he achieves for Northern Ireland

ie working defences, running off the ball, winning the ball in the air and generally contributing to the team effort

as opposed to continually being caught offside, giving defenders an easy afternoon (other than diddy ones) and falling on his arse and moaning

ie working defences, running off the ball, winning the ball in the air and generally contributing to the team effort

as opposed to continually being caught offside, giving defenders an easy afternoon (other than diddy ones) and falling on his arse and moaning

Absolute dross, Lafferty has never put in his NI shift for Rangers. He was absolute shite on the night too.

Absolute dross, Lafferty has never put in his NI shift for Rangers. He was absolute shite on the night too.

McBoydism's.

Boyd underperforming-'he could've maybe played a bit better, but you're only as good as the service you get'

Laff underperforming- 'absolute shite'

He's like your favourite wrestler.

:pierre:

McBoydism's.

Boyd underperforming-'he could've maybe played a bit better, but you're only as good as the service you get'

Like i'm the only one to have said he was absolute shite on the night ;)

McBoydism's.

Like i'm the only one to have said he was absolute shite on the night ;)

You're the only one who refuses to properly criticise Boyd. Ever. Ever.

The way you jump to his defence it's as tho you have some alterior motive...

Watty plays him an a position which he is not used to.

What do you think Boyd would be like if he was pushed out wide?

If he won one header and found a teammate once, that'd be more than Lafferty's done this year.

Still, I understand your point.

If he won one header and found a teammate once, that'd be more than Lafferty's done this year.

Still, I understand your point.

Boyd started on the left at the start of the second half, miller pushed up. Didnt last very long mind you.

Shut it on the way out

As others have said, he rarely does that for us, and, for NI, he scores I think, and, they score. That be the difference. At the moment, even strikers contributing are contributing to a nothing performance. Thats my problem with things fella