Walter's Spending

Davie2909

Walter's net spending has been roughly £6m over 6 transfer windows.

He has also had to contend with selling his best players and working with a threadbare squad.

He's working with the smallest wage budget of any Rangers manager in the modern era, and i don't want to hear this nonsense about Walter being partly to blame for the financial mess. The man has brought in over £30m to our club through European revenue.

You're right, Unirea must have spent more than that surely...Was it 4-1 they beat us?

Forget about Unirea, they're working in a completely different market place. Our market is hugely effected by the Premiership. Unirea are obviously working within the Eastern European market as that's where they're based.

I've said it before and i'll say it again Walter has got the absolute maximum out of the job. He has performed miracles at the club. Under any other manager the team would be in complete crisis, a million miles behind Celtic and without a title in the bag.

Dave King will arrive in January and money will be made available to Walter who will sign an extention and lead us towards another title. (tu)

For the amount of money he's spent we could have got far better players.

This is the exact point i meant. He has paid over the odds for the likes of McCulloch and Lafferty. We could have got some really good players in for that sort of money

I've said it before and i'll say it again Walter has got the absolute maximum out of the job. He has performed miracles at the club. Under any other manager the team would be in complete crisis, a million miles behind Celtic and without a title in the bag.

Dave King will arrive in January and money will be made available to Walter who will sign an extention and lead us towards another title. (tu)

Well said mate

You mean playing the worst football i have ever seen from a Rangers team, and mind i have seen some bad teams.

You might get more of a reaction if it wasn't plainly obvious you're taking the piss, or so stupid you get confused by mirrors.

Actually, a team like Unirea should be an example. They had no money at all to spend and 90% of their team were free signings, either Romanian players released as "worthless" by other Romanian clubs or completely unknown foreigners.

Top Romanian players are actually quite expensive, and it would be impossible for a team like Unirea to sign any good player from the better teams like Steaua or Dinamo Bucharest, the value of such players is over 2 million $ on the local market.

Moreover, Unirea is so poor that they actually had to sell their best player (Bogdan Stancu) to Steaua before the start of the season, while their current best player (Dacian Varga) is on loan from a 2nd division Romanian club and they can't afford to buy him. In pre-season, Petrescu wanted to buy a Scot, Jim McAllister from Greenock Morton, and they couldn't afford him either.

Yet, they even beat a team like Sevilla. That shows that a good manager can do miracles even without cash, if he has the ability to correctly rate the talent of unknown cheap (or free) players.

(td) With Walters recent signing policy wouldnt trust him with anymore money.

It's not all walters fault........our coaches are piss poor.

With McCoist as coach why can't one of the best finishers i've seen teach Naismith,Miller and Lafferty to hit the target.

Durrant was one of the best box to box midfielders i've seen yet he can't show Thomson,Mendes or Davis how to do it.

Why can't we pass at pace?

Why can't we counter attack?

Why can't we hit a dead ball?

Why do we need every player back for a corner with no out ball?

Why does McCulloch play?

Why can't Whittaker close down or tackle?

Why don't we play wingers instead of strikers or central midfielders wide?

Why is Lafferty on the wing?

Why can't Miller turn without taking 10 touches?

Why are our players painfully slow?

Why can't Boyd header a ball?

Why can't 6ft 5 Lafferty win a ball in the air?

Why does Thomson and davis not close down?

That's problems just from the Stuttgart game and we've played like that all season.

What do our coaches coach for fuck sake.

Actually, a team like Unirea should be an example. They had no money at all to spend and 90% of their team were free signings, either Romanian players released as "worthless" by other Romanian clubs or completely unknown foreigners.

Top Romanian players are actually quite expensive, and it would be impossible for a team like Unirea to sign any good player from the better teams like Steaua or Dinamo Bucharest, the value of such players is over 2 million $ on the local market.

Moreover, Unirea is so poor that they actually had to sell their best player (Bogdan Stancu) to Steaua before the start of the season, while their current best player (Dacian Varga) is on loan from a 2nd division Romanian club and they can't afford to buy him. In pre-season, Petrescu wanted to buy a Scot, Jim McAllister from Greenock Morton, and they couldn't afford him either.

Yet, they even beat a team like Sevilla. That shows that a good manager can do miracles even without cash, if he has the ability to correctly rate the talent of unknown cheap (or free) players.

Are you also in awe of Trapatoni ??? Or strapatoni as I like to call him.

Don't think King or his money will be able to arrive anywhere and I certainly would not want Smith to be allowed to buy any more misfits.

Smith has spent roughly £30 million since coming back and brought in roughly £20 miilion (mostly from only two players).

The fact that he has a net spend of approx. £10 million may look impressive but actually, in this instance, the 'net spend' is irelevant here because the income was largely brought in from the sale of two players and not a massive merry go round of signings.

The indisputable fact is that a great deal of that £30 million has been squandered.

With a half decent scouting system in place what kind of: right back could we have brought in for £2 million instead of Whittaker, left winger for £3.75 million instead of Lafferty, Central midfielder/centre back for £2.25 million instead of Big Lee or right midfielder/winger for £3.5 million instead of Stevie Davis?

You can also add to that list his determination to play the £2 million pound man, Stevie Naismith, anywhere but in his natural position.

Then we can look at the £750,000 spent on Beasley; who the blind man who sits down the front of me in the enclosure could see was far too lightweight to play in the SPL.

That's just transfer fees - you can also look at the criminal waste of wages in Rothen (a winger Tommy Mclean could still beat in a 50 metre sprint), Charlie Adam (a guy consistently stuck out on the left wing and who will earn himself a shot at the EPL having played centre mid woth Blackpool) or Hemdani (our best player in the run to Manchester who sat on his arse for a whole season) with an honourable mention for Amdy Faye, Alan Gow, Thoms Buffel and Aaron Niguez.

The guy has earned his place in Rangers history and all that but as far as I'm concerned we won the league last year, and are top of the league now, because of the quality of player we have here and not due to any managerial genius.