Walter's Spending

Davie2909

When will people realise he has spent more than McLeish and PLG since coming back.

TBH im fed up with people saying dont blame Walter Smith its not his fault the players are mince bla bla bla SHITE HE SIGNED THEM.

We all know that we are not gonna win the CL but is a few good performances too much to ask for??? The team were bullied off the ball last night and being a scottish team thats what we should be doing to other teams.

When will people realise he has spent more than McLeish and PLG since coming back.

TBH im fed up with people saying dont blame Walter Smith its not his fault the players are mince bla bla bla SHITE HE SIGNED THEM.

We all know that we are not gonna win the CL but is a few good performances too much to ask for??? The team were bullied off the ball last night and being a scottish team thats what we should be doing to other teams.

You really don't have a clue how the whole buying/selling buisness works do you?

Unireas highest transfer in history is 250k and they beat us 4-1 at home and the rest of the spl is outplaying us and were just winning by a goal, surely 20m is enough despite having to sell players to get it and play good football against these poor spl teams aswell

Make that 30 million.

So, If i sell all the players for over 10m and buy a new team for less than £1m i have made a net profit. Does this mean it doesnt matter i have bought shite as long as i made a profit?

It wasnt a whole team he sold just a couple of individuals, the net profit case should be used if it was murray coming out and saying he spent £20m.

So, If i sell all the players for over 10m and buy a new team for less than £1m i have made a net profit. Does this mean it doesnt matter i have bought shite as long as i made a profit?

It wasnt a whole team he sold just a couple of individuals, the net profit case should be used if it was murray coming out and saying he spent £20m.

The point is that it's VERY difficult to sell a few players and replace them with less money nd be expected to not have a deficency in quality.

The point is that it's VERY difficult to sell a few players and replace them with less money nd be expected to not have a deficency in quality.

But you have to look at teams like Arsenal who continually replace players with youth and cheaper signings

But you have to look at teams like Arsenal who continually replace players with youth and cheaper signings

thats because wenger can pull an african player out his arse

thats because wenger can pull an african player out his arse

Thats one of the most stupid statements i have ever read. Bendtner, Denilson,Whiltshire and many more european players.

Walter's net spending has been roughly £6m over 6 transfer windows.

He has also had to contend with selling his best players and working with a threadbare squad.

He's working with the smallest wage budget of any Rangers manager in the modern era, and i don't want to hear this nonsense about Walter being partly to blame for the financial mess. The man has brought in over £30m to our club through European revenue.

He has also had to contend with selling his best players and working with a threadbare squad.

He's working with the smallest wage budget of any Rangers manager in the modern era, and i don't want to hear this nonsense about Walter being partly to blame for the financial mess. The man has brought in over £30m to our club through European revenue.

You're right, Unirea must have spent more than that surely...Was it 4-1 they beat us?

Any quality player he has sold he has been forced into doing so. Incase you hadn't noticed, we need the money. I'm not saying that he has done a great job in the market, but you can't blame him for the departure of Hutton, Cuellar etc etc

You can certainly blame him for bringing in Miller, Lafferty and Velicka for £6.5m when we desperately needed a midfielder.

We played Kaunas with Dailly and McCulloch in the middle after that outlay...

And pissed well over a third of it up againt the wall when you consider how much money we must have spent on the transfer fees, wages and bonus' of Whittaker, McCulloch, Naismith, Lafferty and Velicka.