Smith will leave in January....

CanadianBacon

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im happy for Smith to go if his heart is not in it, and would let Ally have the rest of the season to show what he can do. If I was (whoever is in charge these days) I would say to Ally "Win the league, show 100% improvement on the pitch and the jobs yours."

I can imagine Ally coming in with McDowall and Durant and Smith sits up stairs (tu)

That woulde be just like it...create an unneccessary, and possibly even counter productive, job, for one of the boys.

id love it if wee ally did takeover and done really good as our manager but to be honest it dosent look to promising due to really thin squad and lets be honest most of them shouldnt be wearing the queens jersey.

I do not want McCoist in charge but as Papaguy said, if he gets players playing in their proper positions and gets us trying to play football then you never know?

He and McDowall have major roles at the club. TheY work with the players every day, they train them, have a more hands on role, yet the players don't even have the basics - and have not improved since the day they took over.

Ally McCoist isn't cut out to manage a club like Rangers. When Smith goes, McCoist goes, as do the rest of them!

Fuck this Rangers men rubbish - it's time we got past all that nonsense. We have 5, 6....so-called Rangers men on the park most weeks, we have Rangers men in the dressing room, and in the dugout, and it makes no difference at all!

I do not want McCoist in charge but as Papaguy said, if he gets players playing in their proper positions and gets us trying to play football then you never know?

He and McDowall have major roles at the club. TheY work with the players every day, they train them, have a more hands on role, yet the players don't even have the basics - and have not improved since the day they took over.

Ally McCoist isn't cut out to manage a club like Rangers. When Smith goes, McCoist goes, as do the rest of them!

Fuck this Rangers men rubbish - it's time we got past all that nonsense. We have 5, 6....so-called Rangers men on the park most weeks, we have Rangers men in the dressing room, and in the dugout, and it makes no difference at all!

Muff another great post from a fan who just just speaks his mind and not scared to tell it the way he sees it.

Walter will probably see the season out, but nothing is certain. If I was him I would go. The longer he stays the more his reputation will be tarnished by this lot.

...Or enhanced after we clinch another title against all the odds.

Wattie and his team should have resigned after the disgrace that was the unirea game,

we have now lost ten goals at HOME in three champions league games,

managers before were sacked after 1 bad result at ibrox before, but to lose three

in a row is a disgrace.

Walter etc, go now, maybe we can get a manager to play players in there proper

positions and train for more than two hours a day.

The problem with getting a new manager for January if Walter leaves is to me a fairly obvious one, who the fuck can we afford?

If we try to get someone who is currently in a managerial position just now there is no way on this earth we'll be able to afford their clubs the compensation required. If rumours are true, that if Walter does stay on after January and we still don't have a buyer, then he may be staying on unpaid. I really don't think we'll be able to get another manager who will happily work unpaid for a few months?

The problem with getting a new manager for January if Walter leaves is to me a fairly obvious one, who the fuck can we afford?

If we try to get someone who is currently in a managerial position just now there is no way on this earth we'll be able to afford their clubs the compensation required. If rumours are true, that if Walter does stay on after January and we still don't have a buyer, then he may be staying on unpaid. I really don't think we'll be able to get another manager who will happily work unpaid for a few months?

I agree

If things were stable, then we could get a decent manager in here, but as it stands I think this job is untouchable

He won't be unpaid, he just won;t have a contract, just a weekly one

Was McCoist given responsibility for managingt he team for cups? What is his record in this regard, pretty good i think, but my memory is not all that it should be and there are a number of great statos in here who could give us the figures maybe?

It must be pretty difficult to work under Walter as an assistant; i doubt McCoist has much of a say over the tactics, playing style etc.

I'd give him a go, we might be surprised at what he could achieve with Smith out of the way. Mind you, there are so many variables it's difficult to predict anything for 2010.

i hope...

New buyer, probably King

New manager

more investement

Retain the title

decent run in Europe next year

onwards and upwards

i fear...

No buyer

no united support to enable a fan buyout

Walter will stay, playing style will stay

We will struggle against a poor 'tic

We'll scrape 2'nd - when we should be out of sight by now.

But i'm an optimist, and we are the people, so bring it on!

My only worry is that McCoist only knows Walter Smith.

He's never been trained by another manager long enough to pick anything up.

Maybe witnessing mistakes made by Walter, aswell as picking up on his good points, will have gave him a decent enough start though.

I'm not sure Ally is quite ready yet, having said that, but you never know.

My only worry is that McCoist only knows Walter Smith.

He's never been trained by another manager long enough to pick anything up.

Maybe witnessing mistakes made by Walter, aswell as picking up on his good points, will have gave him a decent enough start though.

I'm not sure Ally is quite ready yet, having said that, but you never know.

personally i would get rid of mccoist & mcdowall just now - keep walter & move him into an ambasadors post - durrant has got more chance of taking over than mccoist. mccoist is ok for joke or two but we have enough of them on the field just now!

Walter will probably see the season out, but nothing is certain. If I was him I would go. The longer he stays the more his reputation will be tarnished by this lot.

...Or enhanced after we clinch another title against all the odds.

Against the odds? With the players we have, we should be out of sight against the worst celtic team I can remember for a long time. Smith is underachieving, not overachieving.