Darren Barr and Jose Goncalves

zamba

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the chances of us going for Lee Miller (especially if we lose boyd) on a free contract in January. Would anyone take him? He had a good first half against us (showing his potential ability) and has had a fantastic spell when he played for Hearts and has been in and around the Scotland squad for a while... the fact we have been linked with him before could see us try and get him for nothing

Massive yes from me.

Any team that plays in the SPL simply has to have a proper target man on their books. That's not a backwards attitude that's the reality of the league we play in.

He has a bit of an attitude problem at times, but he has bags of ability and under the right management he'd be a huge asset.

I think we should have signed him last time his contract was coming up and I still think we should sign him now.

He'd be better than Lafferty, Naimsith and probably Novo too.

What are the chances of us going for Lee Miller (especially if we lose boyd) on a free contract in January. Would anyone take him? He had a good first half against us (showing his potential ability) and has had a fantastic spell when he played for Hearts and has been in and around the Scotland squad for a while... the fact we have been linked with him before could see us try and get him for nothing

Massive yes from me.

Any team that plays in the SPL simply has to have a proper target man on their books. That's not a backwards attitude that's the reality of the league we play in.

He has a bit of an attitude problem at times, but he has bags of ability and under the right management he'd be a huge asset.

I think we should have signed him last time his contract was coming up and I still think we should sign him now.

if you are looking for a target man then mate surely kevin kyle is a better option than miller

Massive yes from me.

if you are looking for a target man then mate surely kevin kyle is a better option than miller

Miller is free and IMO he is a better all round player than Kyle.

Massive yes from me.

Miller is free and IMO he is a better all round player than Kyle.

millers attitude is the difference for me, kyle looks like he'd play for the jersey

I think Lee Miller, Darren Barr & Paul Dixon would be cracking signings for us.

The Albertz, Reyna & Gio days are long gone unfortunately

if we start bringing this type of average spl garbage to the club you wont be able to give season tickets away never mind trying to get 15 thousand people to pay a grand each. if we cant afford good quality players i would rather we promoted youth players rather than trawling around the bargain basement of cheap crappy spl garbage

Darren Barr, Jose Goncalves, Lee Miller, Kevin Kyle.... :anguish:

Is this really what we have become. You could pick up much better bosmans, who wouldn't cost much more than those clowns.

Is this really what we have become. You could pick up much better bosmans, who wouldn't cost much more than those clowns.

aye a manager with a good scouting eye could. i don't imagine walter has even considered who he'd like to bring in, in January.

Blumstein scored more goals from midfield in 3/4 trials, than any of our current midfielders have to date, but he couldn't get a contract from Smith.

infact, he probably scored more goals than ALL of our midfielders have so far this season.

unless we get a new owner muff, better bosmans will get better deals from championship sides

after this season we dont even have guaranteed champions league entry as a carrot to dangle in front of potential signings

it may be that we have to wheel and deal in SPL terms for a while until a new buyer is in place and scotlands co-efficient is back up

29 goals in over 100 appearances?

That's a record of almost Lafferty-like proportions. No thanks.

I don't want Walter Smith bringing anyone else in ever again, unless it's a loan deal. This must be his last season, therefore no new deals on the cards, or permenant signings!

Can I ask a question? Who replaces Walter Smith then? These fans who continually slate Smith dumbfound me but everyone is entitled to their opinion obviously!

The only thing that irritates me immensley is his continual selection of Lee McCulloch, I could go on all day about his lack of footballing ability but it's plain for all to see and I don't want to depress myself thinking about it.

Back to my main point, we are the current champions, we have the chance to go back top of the league with our game in hand, we have everything to play for domestically, only 2 league defeats in 2009 and have 1 or 2 players to come back from injury and 1 or 2 others still trying to find match sharpness and rhythm (Thomson and Lafferty). The mhanks are no better whatsoever and have spent a few million quid compared to us. The Champions League results are hardly a surprise this season to be honest with the exception of the Unirea debacle at Ibrox considering we havent paid for a new player in near 18 months (not quite 18 months as that prick John Reid claimed last month). Must not forget every manager is entitled to 1 or 2 poorer signings.

Given our much publicised financial situation (cannot get anymore desperate) not many good managers would touch this job with a barge pole at the moment and I would rather have an experienced Gers man at the helm to guide us through in our time of need than someone who has no experience of what it takes to manage the Glasgow Rangers.

Better times lie ahead, keep the faith folks!!!!!

Never thought of them as anything more than average SPL defenders, surely there are better options elsewhere?

they cant be any worse than the players we,ve got just now

I think they're worse than Wilson and McMillan :P

i was talkin about broadfoot,whittaker,weir n mcculloch

Can I ask a question? Who replaces Walter Smith then? These fans who continually slate Smith dumbfound me but everyone is entitled to their opinion obviously!

The only thing that irritates me immensley is his continual selection of Lee McCulloch, I could go on all day about his lack of footballing ability but it's plain for all to see and I don't want to depress myself thinking about it.

Back to my main point, we are the current champions, we have the chance to go back top of the league with our game in hand, we have everything to play for domestically, only 2 league defeats in 2009 and have 1 or 2 players to come back from injury and 1 or 2 others still trying to find match sharpness and rhythm (Thomson and Lafferty). The mhanks are no better whatsoever and have spent a few million quid compared to us. The Champions League results are hardly a surprise this season to be honest with the exception of the Unirea debacle at Ibrox considering we havent paid for a new player in near 18 months (not quite 18 months as that prick John Reid claimed last month). Must not forget every manager is entitled to 1 or 2 poorer signings.

Given our much publicised financial situation (cannot get anymore desperate) not many good managers would touch this job with a barge pole at the moment and I would rather have an experienced Gers man at the helm to guide us through in our time of need than someone who has no experience of what it takes to manage the Glasgow Rangers.

Great post! :clap:

Put that in yer pipe and smoke it all you negative chumps. :sherlock:

Great post! :clap:

Put that in yer pipe and smoke it all you negative chumps. :sherlock:

no problemo oh positive champ :sherlock:

You'd think Walter Smith was the only manager on the planet.

And I'm far from negative. Unlike you two, I obviously don't underestimate the power and draw the the name 'Glasgow Rangers' has.

We'd have no shortage of good applicants if Smith stepped down tomorrow, no danger at all!

You'd think Walter Smith was the only manager on the planet.

And I'm far from negative. Unlike you two, I obviously don't underestimate the power and draw the the name 'Glasgow Rangers' has.

We'd have no shortage of good applicants if Smith stepped down tomorrow, no danger at all!

I wouldn't want anyone else, we have the right man in charge!