Do you REALLY have to sit down in your seat or is it just BS?

Zappa

SPL regulations state that non-seated areas of stadiums cannot be used in SPL matches, but where is there a regulation or law which states that fans must sit down in their seats rather than choose to stand?? It's a genuine question btw because someone told me recently that there is a law about this & that fans are indeed required to sit in there seats. However, after going through the SPL Handbook & SPL membership criteria I can't find any reference to any such rule. So what's the story?

SPL regulations state that non-seated areas of stadiums cannot be used in SPL matches, but where is there a regulation or law which states that fans must sit down in their seats rather than choose to stand?? It's a genuine question btw because someone told me recently that there is a law about this & that fans are indeed required to sit in there seats. However, after going through the SPL Handbook & SPL membership criteria I can't find any reference to any such rule. So what's the story?

I dont think there is a law becuase at the uefa cup final in manchester the zenit fans never sat down and in the champions leaugh debechen fans never sat down they bounced about singing and danceing was quite good what a atmosphere quite alot of fans across europe dont sit during there matchs in loads of diffrent leaughs eg. spain, italy, germany not quite sure about spl or england tho

:sherlock:

I dont think they are required to sit down, although it is required to have all seated stadiums and i think it would be pretty stupid if they didnt expect you to sit on your seat.

Secretary of Dundee Utd FC told me on the phone earlier in the week that "they allow standing now, they were standing at the Motherwell game on Saturday as well".

I'm still waiting for his reply in writing, which I somehow don't think I'll get!

I dont think they are required to sit down, although it is required to have all seated stadiums and i think it would be pretty stupid if they didnt expect you to sit on your seat.

Aye, I realize it's pretty obvious that whoever came up with the brilliant idea of stadiums being required to be all-seated would expect people to sit in their seats, but I was just wondering if there's actually a law or official rule on the matter since I've seen people reporting that they've been told to sit down at Ibrox. I much prefer standing tbh & would rather all-seated stadiums had never been introduced. On saying that, if the seats were heated & comfortable nobody would want to stand. :pierre:

Aye, I realize it's pretty obvious that whoever came up with the brilliant idea of stadiums being required to be all-seated would expect people to sit in their seats, but I was just wondering if there's actually a law or official rule on the matter since I've seen people reporting that they've been told to sit down at Ibrox. I much prefer standing tbh & would rather all-seated stadiums had never been introduced. On saying that, if the seats were heated & comfortable nobody would want to stand. :pierre:

I dont think there is any rule but it would be pretty shit if you were stuck behind 2-3 big guys that stood up all game meaning you couldnt see anything.

Ive never told anyone to sit down, infact when we sat in Copland for a game we were told to sit down a few times from the stewards and the guy sitting behind my brother even pulled at his top to get him to sit down.

As i said though the seats are there to be sat in, people stand up when there is attacks and freekicks n stuff but for the rest of the game people should sit down i think.

*Tin hat on*

We have been told " You can old stand up when Rangers score "

Fucking nonsense.

Who said that then?

A steward.

I think that happens quite regularly. It could be that whole sections standing (or at least large chunks of them like in the Broomloan) is ignored whilst a few people standing in an area where almost everyone is seated is not permitted/tolerated.

It would be amazing if the SPL changed the all-seated rule to allow a single non-seated stand like Dortmund have. That's the best we could hope for since they're never going to go back to full stadiums being non-seated.

We have been told " You can old stand up when Rangers score "

Fucking nonsense.

Who said that then?

A steward.

I think that happens quite regularly. It could be that whole sections standing (or at least large chunks of them like in the Broomloan) is ignored whilst a few people standing in an area where almost everyone is seated is not permitted/tolerated.

It would be amazing if the SPL changed the all-seated rule to allow a single non-seated stand like Dortmund have. That's the best we could hope for since they're never going to go back to full stadiums being non-seated.

As much as I would love it I can't see it happening anytime soon.

There isn't exactly a lot of room to place your feet.

Aye, because the seats take up a fair bit of space & the design is centered around maximizing the number of seats per section. Can you imagine sitting between 2 fat people? :anguish:

I haven't researched it but i am willing to put a small wager on the fact that it will be in the terms and conditions of entry and will be a rule enforced by Rangers and NOT the SPL or the Taylor report.

It may well be a requirement in obtaining & maintaining a safety certificate? That might go a way to explaining why people are asked to sit down by stewards.

From the SPL Handbook (page 113) -

Ground Safety, Behaviour at Matches and Damage to Stadia

H7.1 All Clubs must have a valid and current safety certificate for its Registered Ground prior to the start of each Season and must maintain such certificate in full force and effect for the duration of each Season.

H7.2 Each Club shall, unless a copy shall previously been provided, provide a copy of its safety certificate to the Secretary not less than one month prior to the start of each Season or as soon as available and shall thereafter provide to the Secretary a copy of any replacement, renewed, extended or amended certificate within one month of same being issued.

H7.3 All Clubs shall appoint a Safety Officer who shall be or become a member of the Football Safety Officers' Association (Scotland).

I agree with the other fan that I would be pissed if people in front of me stood and I could not see. The seats are there for a reason. I have experienced many years of watching football from the terraces and much prefer to be seated. Even when there was terraces you also had seated stands and paid extra to sit there.

Watch Premiership games and you'll see certain sections standing for 90 minutes...usually away fans.

Parts of Old Trafford,Emirates and Anfield have thousands standing for the entire game.

Bring back terracing for those who want to stand....will give us the atmosphere back.