Jack Wilshere

TerryTibbs

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5754044,00.html

Jack Wilshere has admitted that he would be happy to join a Premier League club on loan, should the opportunity arise.

The 17-year-old continues to be a fringe player at Arsenal, with Arsene Wenger reluctant to rush his development.

The Gunners hold high hopes for the young midfielder in the future but know pushing him too hard, too soon could prove detrimental.

He has been restricted to just five first-team outings this season as a result, with three of those appearances coming from off the bench.

Recent reports have suggested that a number of clubs have expressed an interest in taking him on loan, happy to offer him the regular action he craves.

Involved

Wilshere admits a short-term deal away from Emirates Stadium could be the answer he is looking for, but the ambitious teenager has made it clear that he will only consider offers from Arsenal's top flight rivals.

"I would think about it but I think it would have to be in the Premier League," he said.

"Not that the Championship is a bad league at all, but it might suit me differently.

"I have seen things about Middlesbrough, Celtic and Rangers being interested and there may be others, but a Premier League side would be better.

"I would, of course, rather stay and be involved at Arsenal though, so we will see what happens."

Obviously was never going to happen, but do you think there is any truth in that we were interested.

Hopefully Smith is going to make an effort to bring in a good winger on loan in January if some of the dead wood is sold.

Any thoughts on a possible loan signing?

P.s sorry for the premature transfer window thread

Obviously was never going to happen, but do you think there is any truth in that we were interested.

I think the story was kicking about after he tore us a new arsehole at the emirates cup, maybe walter might have had a conversion with wenger about him. But wenger likes his team to play pretty football and we dont do that, so i dont think he would learn a thing up in scotland except maybe how to hurdle dirty tackles.

Arsene Wenger is ready to allow midfielder Jack Wilshere out on loan, but only with the right club.

Wilshere became Arsenal's youngest player in both Europe and the Barclays Premier League when introduced during the early part of the 2008/09 campaign.

However, Wenger has been cautious in his use of the England Under-21 midfielder this season.

The 17-year-old has made just five appearances in total, three as substitute, but is set to feature in a youthful Gunners team for the final Champions League Group H game at Olympiacos tomorrow night.

Scottish giants Celtic and Rangers, along with Middlesbrough, have been linked with a temporary move for Wilshere, who turns 18 on January 1.

Wenger believes the youngster could benefit from a spell of regular first-team football away from Emirates Stadium.

'There is a chance [for a loan], if we have an interesting opportunity,' the Arsenal manager said.

'I would prefer it to be in the Premier League, but at the top level of the Championship could be interesting as well.

'It is important for Jack to play, so if we find a good opportunity, we will consider it

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...0#ixzz0Z86SUfPt

Any decent players from the premeireship won't come to the SPL, especially good young players like Jack Wilshere. Too bad we couldn't loan out some of our duds like McCulloch and the rest

Come to think of it Toronto FC might be able to use McCulloch Naismith Novo Whittaker Broadfoot and any other duds we have. well maybe not McCulloch

Any decent players from the premeireship won't come to the SPL, especially good young players like Jack Wilshere. Too bad we couldn't loan out some of our duds like McCulloch and the rest

Come to think of it Toronto FC might be able to use McCulloch Naismith Novo Whittaker Broadfoot and any other duds we have. well maybe not McCulloch

I'm sure they could use a Water Boy.

waterboy.jpg

I've noticed a few people having a go at Naismith

I would say he was one of the better players in the squad to be honest

You know, maybe Wenger should consider the SPL. Arsenal haven't won anything for five years and the main resaon is that they are soft. I like Arsenal but watching them play Chelsea recently really showed them up - all technique but no guts. A year in the SPL might be just what their young players need

Aaron didnt really get a chance why would Wilshire?

I would think, and this really is just a guess, that because he is from the UK, he will be able to cope more with our physical game.

Aaron could handle the physical side though.

Jack Wilshere is a far better player than Aaron, but still wouldn't get a regular game under this management.

He could score a hat-trick, get two assists in one game and then get dropped in the next game, due to him being 'too young' to play week-in-week-out.

I think the story was kicking about after he tore us a new arsehole at the emirates cup, maybe walter might have had a conversion with wenger about him. But wenger likes his team to play pretty football and we dont do that, so i dont think he would learn a thing up in scotland except maybe how to hurdle dirty tackles.

Indeed he did.