That was a missed opportunity.

papaguy51

That was our chance to go out with a bang, but sadly some at Ibrox looked happy with a 1-0.

Why didn't Fleck and start instead of Smith?

Why wasn't Wilson given another chance?

Why was Weir played in a pointless game just two weeks after he admitted to the press that he was struggling with recovery after matches?

So many questions to be asked. The second half was slightly better, but really we had nothing to lose tonight. I hope going out with a whimper isn't the new Rangers way, because we certainly looked content with that tonight.

I know we're not as good as these teams, but we weren't as good as Lyon, Sporting Lisbon, Fiorentina or Werder Bremen and we still fucked them over.

Really disappointed and I'm actually glad it's over.

That was our chance to go out with a bang, but sadly some at Ibrox looked happy with a 1-0.

Why was Weir played in a pointless game just two weeks after he admitted to the press that he was struggling with recovery after matches?

So many questions to be asked. The second half was slightly better, but really we had nothing to lose tonight. I hope going out with a whimper isn't the new Rangers way, because we certainly looked content with that tonight.

I know we're not as good as these teams, but we weren't as good as Lyon, Sporting Lisbon, Fiorentina or Werder Bremen and we still fucked them over.

Couldn't agree more, it's sad to see what we have become. :(

Can't argue with any of that. (tu) I too am glad it's over.

Time to draw a line under this .This season's CL was always only about the revenue from automatic qualification going to reduce the debt and help towards the clubs long term serviceablity. Unfortunately the playing personnel we have on the books is not a strong platform to re build on whenever that happens.

Hopefully we can retain the title nevertheless .

PS Dear santa - can we please have a left midfielder if we promise to be good.

Walter Smith. That's why!

I'm holding on to some hope that the only reason Weir was played in front of Wilson is because Wilson will replacing the old man for the next few weeks.

Apart from that, which I admit seems unlikely, I can't think of many positives from that.

Guest johngers
I'm holding on to some hope that the only reason Weir was played in front of Wilson is because Wilson will replacing the old man for the next few weeks.

Apart from that, which I admit seems unlikely, I can't think of many positives from that.

I'd have imagined Weir is playing in front of Wilson because he is the captain of the ship, so to speak.

I'd have imagined Weir is playing in front of Wilson because he is the captain of the ship, so to speak.

FFS John, I said I had some hope. Why dash it?

You continue to be a wee shitebag.

Guest johngers

FFS John, I said I had some hope. Why dash it?

You continue to be a wee shitebag.

Pleasure to be of service :pipe:

Very good post. I thought maybe Walter would have played some more youngsters in a game we were never going to win no matter what. I think he is to loyal to the players he signed, oh well, now the SPL

Not really my point.

He's 39 and has already admitted he's struggling to play three games in a week.

Pleasure to be of service :pipe:

:pipe:

I'm still staying positive that Wilson will step in. Weir can't keeping going on playing every game, as much as I admire and appreciate him putting 100% effort in every time. He should not be chosen ahead of anyone else though just because he's the Captain.

we have just been portrayed as dismall on stv news ...cant argue with that and i wish we had ..no lets rephrase that ,dan petrescu would bite our hand off

for the salary walter is on ,infact he would probably manage us for less ......bears thinking about

We learned nothing new from tonight, Fleck and Wilson should have started

Learning new things - that's the least you should be taking from 'meaningless' games.

Imagine we'd played Ness and he'd had a fucking blinder. Same for Wilson, imagine he'd had a blinder. What if Fleck gave Navarro a fucking torrid time of it?

Think of the boost it would have given to the players and the squad. But no, all tonight has done is reinforce the fact that Thomson's not match fit, Weir's too slow, Whittaker is shite, Nacho has no composure and Miller can't score goals.

Brilliant (tu)

Learning new things - that's the least you should be taking from 'meaningless' games.

Imagine we'd played Ness and he'd had a fucking blinder. Same for Wilson, imagine he'd had a blinder. What if Fleck gave Navarro a fucking torrid time of it?

Think of the boost it would have given to the players and the squad. But no, all tonight has done is reinforce the fact that Thomson's not match fit, Weir's too slow, Whittaker is shite, Nacho has no composure and Miller can't score goals.

Brilliant (tu)

Couldn't agree more bud (tu)

If they played well, then we have more options, if they didn't play well, it's still a meaningless game and their confidence wouldn't have been damaged

wilson was always a cert to be dropped ,as ive said before and been ridiculed by certain mods for saying it the boy could play 10 games and be MOTM in them all and walter would still drop him ,ok i was wrong it was only a few games ....

It's probably down to the fact that Walter would rather lose 1-0 than get gubbed 3-0 trying out younger players in a tough arena and damaging confidence further. I expect that's his way of thinking, anyway.

Personally I would have prefered Fleck and Wilson started. Why not give Lafferty a start up top too? We know he's looked limited so far, but it's the kind of game where playing Miller up top wasn't likely to cause much trouble anyway so giving Lafferty a go would be worth it.

Like you said, papa, missed opportunity.