Former Rangers, Wolves star fined by Aberdeen

mccoist355

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/...86908-21890276/

Aberdeen defender Mo Ross has been fined a weeks wages by the club and given a severe dressing down by manager Mark McGhee for a "serious breach of club discipline" during last week's encounter against Celtic.

McGhee's anger stems from an incident in the second half when Ross headed the ball off the line to stop Celtic scoring. "The boy has been stupid and he knows it” said McGhee yesterday. "The lad has just joined us and has not quite got into the culture of Aberdeen Football Club. But we do have standards here and we expect every player to uphold them".”

A club insider said it was Ross' attitude that angered the boss. Maybe if Aberdeen's deficit in scoreline had been greater he might have got away with a warning, but at 2-0, there was always a chance Celtic could have dropped points. McGhee later added "With Rangers so close to the top of the league, it's touch and go, we simply couldn't take any chances on Saturday. Last season we let ourselves beat Celtic 4-2, and paid the price for it at the end of the season".”

It is believed Ross will be in the team this weekend, and will emerge a better player for it. Ross himself was suitably chastened as he left training yesterday. "I know it was stupid of me" he said. "All I had to do was jump the other way and the ball would have gone straight in. I've let my team mates down, the manager down and the fans down, but thankfully the result worked out all right in the end. The guys have their win bonus from last week and their lose bonus this week, so a great Saturday night was enjoyed by us all".”

Ross is now looking towards the future, with no slip ups like his horror show at Parkhead. He added "I have only been at Aberdeen a few weeks and I know exactly what it means to the fans. They pay a lot of money to go to Glasgow and the result meant a lot to them. After our great work last weekend, they would have been giving us stick if we had undone it all".”

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/...86908-21890276/

Aberdeen defender Mo Ross has been fined a weeks wages by the club and given a severe dressing down by manager Mark McGhee for a "serious breach of club discipline" during last week's encounter against Celtic.

McGhee's anger stems from an incident in the second half when Ross headed the ball off the line to stop Celtic scoring. "The boy has been stupid and he knows it” said McGhee yesterday. "The lad has just joined us and has not quite got into the culture of Aberdeen Football Club. But we do have standards here and we expect every player to uphold them".”

A club insider said it was Ross' attitude that angered the boss. Maybe if Aberdeen had been 5 or 6 down he might have got away with a warning, but at 2-0, there was always a chance Celtic could have dropped points. McGhee later added "With the h**s so close to the top of the league, it's touch and go, we simply couldn't take any chances on Saturday. Last season we let ourselves beat Celtic 4-2, and paid the price for it at the end of the season".”

It is believed Ross will be in the team this weekend, and will emerge a better player for it. Ross himself was suitably chastened as he left training yesterday. "I know it was stupid of me" he said. "All I had to do was jump the other way and the ball would have gone straight in. I've let my team mates down, the manager down and the fans down, but thankfully the result worked out all right in the end. The guys have their win bonus from last week and their lose bonus this week, so a great Saturday night was enjoyed by us all".”

Ross is now looking towards the future, with no slip ups like his horror show at Parkhead. He added "I have only been at Aberdeen a few weeks and I know exactly what it means to the fans. They pay a lot of money to go to Glasgow and the result meant a lot to them. After our great work last weekend, they would have been giving us stick if we had undone it all".”

:mutley:

Took me a wee while to work that one out. <cr>

Not at my brightest at this time of the day. :anguish:

By all accounts the Dons could easily have shipped five or six in the second half last week.

Funny that, after they defended as if their lives depended on it against Rangers. :rolleyes:

i'm hungover & i can't work that out.

can someone explain please ....

Maurice Ross cleared the ball off the line and Aberdeen fined him :P(tu)

i got that part, but i thought there was something else in it. as if ross gave a gesture to the filth that we don't kow about. hope he did