'Sure and Stedfast'

Boab

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the BB was brilliant

except for the 9am kick offs on sat morning for the footie team

fucking hated getting out my bed during winter just to get battered by a fucing mitre mouldmaster

was in the 83rd myself

Was just down the road from you, in the 3rd Glasgow (tu)

268th Bishopbriggs there were over 200 members then althogh we are talking about the mid seventys.

Wee Billy Reid the Hamilton manager was a member and so was Gordon Chisholm now manager of Queen of the South both good Bears and all.

119th linthouse, govan

magic years, summer camp every year went on the bus to Torquay from govan........

great football team, won the cup at the benburb junior ground one year....

think this is still going strong today.

any other 119th on here.

canny remember company but we used to meet in edwin street parish church

what a football team we had won every game in 1 season and got stripped of league because we got loads of sendings off

"cannae remember the company"????

kplfishtank - you should be hung, drawn and quartered.

An old Boys Brigade boy NEVER forgets his Company number. :anguish:

That's like forgetting how to finish a sentence on the........................ :rolleyes:

the BB was brilliant

fucking hated getting out my bed during winter just to get battered by a fucing mitre mouldmaster

was in the 83rd myself

ah you were the battlefield church, they ended up shutting down due to lack of members when i was in company section

think most of the officers and boys came to the 83rd

the BB was brilliant

was in the 83rd myself

ah you were the battlefield church, they ended up shutting down due to lack of members when i was in company section

We sure were. There was a lot of members in my day(long time ago) but as you say, shut down due to lack of numbers and the remaining ones joined up with the 83rd.

the BB was brilliant

was in the 83rd myself

We sure were. There was a lot of members in my day(long time ago) but as you say, shut down due to lack of numbers and the remaining ones joined up with the 83rd.

the days of red ash pitches, mitre mouldmasters, shit strips and shocking conditions

loved BB footie

Got my queens badge last year, and completed leader training this year so i'm a full officer of BB and anchor boys now. We've got a big group at ours just now. Didn't hear this tune but wish i had, rangers and the BB have always had a very close connection

Got my queens badge last year, and completed leader training this year so i'm a full officer of BB and anchor boys now. We've got a big group at ours just now. Didn't hear this tune but wish i had, rangers and the BB have always had a very close connection

I got my queens this year actually. 195th Glasgow

the BB was brilliant

was in the 83rd myself

the days of red ash pitches, mitre mouldmasters, shit strips and shocking conditions

loved BB footie

:lol: Yes indeed. Only thing was, that we had the worst football team in BB history, but we tried. A slide tackle on a red ash pitch :ohmy: We were good at drill :(:lol:

I was 131st Stonelaw, Anchor Boys to Company Section Sergeant. Best marcher in my Company!

BB football was great fun, well apart from the red ash!!!

Aw the red ash was a bastard. I'm part of the 195th, always considerded the 131st close rivals :)

Was a member of the 18th? Company from Castlemilk. Won the Glasgow Cup - played CH then. I was 14/15 yrs old. I am now 62. Great memories.

105th Castlemilk & proud ... mind you that was in the 70's. I still even have my hat (Mum kept it as a memento)